Friday Chat, May 24

We are pushing towards June and that means E3 is getting ever closer. It also means that new releases are slowing down, with only a few more titles such as The Last of Us, Grid 2 and Remember Me to arrive, before the games industry slows down for the summer.

There's certainly plenty to look forward to but that's for another day. For now, it's Friday, so what we really want to talk about is your plans for the weekend. What are you up to this weekend? What games are you playing? Are you having a party.

Let's Chat!

Edited On 24 May, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I get all day to game tomorrow! I'm quite looking forward to it! I just need something to play. Nothing is holding my interest at the moment. God of War is boring me, I rented Grid, but it's not working, at the moment I'm having unending fun on DUST, but I feel I need to play something else. Maybe I'll finally start Uncharted 2. Rest of the weekend will be working on the car! Awesome!
You forgot to mention Fuse coming up next week too, but that's understandable. This weekend I'll be hammering RE Revelations and DKCR3D.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I'm gonna try and get Remember Me posted intime for E3 week. The more I look at it, the more I think it looks like balls. I want to play it, but I'm not sure it's going to be worth my time, let alone my money. Fuse can wait until I run out of toenails to trim.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
I should finish bioshock infinite tonight but I'm struggling with it on medium so I don't know how I'm going to manage to play dark souls :L I will probs play something from my backlog this weekend.
Lovefilm are sending me Crysis 3 and the crappy walking dead game today too, so might give them a bit of a stab if I get bored with good games.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I am about a third of the way through Crysis 3. I got bored! Quite shocked to be honest. I expected it to be more engaging. Curious as to your thoughts.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
Gloria how do you find lovefilms? I haven't had many good experience with love films I preferred using boomerang rentals.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Trouble I am glad I am not the only one that found the latest God of War boring you should definately get started on Uncharted 2 one of the best games this generation in my opinion.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I'm really struggling to put a new game into my consoles. I have 5 that I haven't touched since purchase because I keep jumping on the old faithfuls.
This is the third time I've had Crysis 3 off Lovefilm TM, still yet to play it once, always had to return it before I played it so I could get a game I actually wanted to play. Lovefilm have been good for me Tootell, I manage to get all the new releases I want and go through at least 8 games a month, which isn't bad for £11, I know some people don't find it that good, but I worked out a system for it so I get the new releases and I've been happy with it.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Bindiana, I think I've written my review for Ascension already. "It's great, it's more God of War. The problem is, it's just more God of War!" I got bored. I just cant get immersed in the really REALLY forced story. feels like a money grab.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
@ trouble yeah I know what you mean I think I am about half way through it just got to the Temple of something or other the one you have to do all the mechanical snakes to get to. The story does feel forced and not very interesting not liking the combat either something is just not clicking with it.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
It doesn't feel as fluid as the other games. Glad it's not just me.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
my weekend is going to be spent getting ready for my holiday :D ill squeeze some xbox time in if i can, also recovering from my examination on my knee, F*ck that hurt so much yesterday! in agony today but knowing no work for 11 days then E3 the week after that is good enough for me
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
Lovefilm are send revelations today. I still have Ratchet and Clank Q-Force, but I'm just waiting on Deadlocked to be uploaded so I can get that for free, then I'll send it back.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 4 years ago
For me grinding on trinity universe to platinum it & then watch some anime & after play blazblue.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
may be some more metro last light for me , but lately been going back to older games for some reason like darksiders and infamous . no one game seems to be holding me on it keep jumping from one to another
Last Light is highly overrated, the story and atmosphere are good, but the gameplay is average at best and it never stops holding your hand.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
oh yeah, I forgot metro. I still have 2033 to play! good story for me means I can forgive average gameplay. I'll still give Last light a shot I reckon
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
have to agree with story and atmosphere , the AI seems to be the worst just standing there looking at you and not doing any think , hopeful the planned dlc will add more areas to explore
The AI is awful, one time I sneaked up and stabbed a guy right in front of another one and he didn't even notice. It is worth playing for the story TM, got some nice twists and turns in it, and a great ending, just don't expect too much from the game, I'd say it's on a par with Aliens CM on the gameplay.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
A change of subject, just to rehash a tired subject. you guys seen this? http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/publishers-to-receive-cut-of-xbox-one-pre-owned-sales-at-retail/0116137 Looks bad.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
how long is metro last light gloria unsure how far i have got to go
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i cant wait for last light can forgive average gameplay for a great story like TM said plus on their budget u cant moan in all fairness
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
at the point where you get the track car with lights on it , forgot to add
Probably about 8 hours, where are you up to?
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
its just after you get caught for a second time by the reds
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
agree shep still a good game for what they had to work with and conditions
You've still got a way to go then.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
@ trouble thats an interesting report the way I read it is I wouldnt be able to sell my game on ebay I could only trade it in and then only in certain stores.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
ive read that aswell brooker, but until E3 when they have said they will be going official with everything i wont read to much into it, it will more than likely be true, but until i here it from them i wont take it for granted yet, but they have let me down so far why not continue
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Yep. Pretty sure independent stores wouldn't take trade ins due to not being part of the system. Also, trade in prices would drop like a lead balloon. the future is looking pretty one-sided
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
The thing for me mate, discounting these stories as rumours is fine. and I'm happy to. But there are so many of them revolving around the locking down of the console/pre-owned/always-on (or the one a day connections) that they can't all be wrong, surely? At the moment, i'm looking less at what MS confirm or deny, and more at what Sony do or don't do to match it.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
if you have to pay 35 as claimed to reactivate the pre owned game whats the point in going pre owned at all wouldn't you just buy new , all getting confusing
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
i hope sony won't drop a bomb shell come E3 that this is the new way , could this be the reason why they dropped buying a online pass for second hand games
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Yeah the figures dont stack up here so lets say I buy Forza 5 for £50 I finish it then take it in to trade in. The shop is gonna sell it preowned for £40 the shop only get £4 of this so surely they can only offer me £1 or £2 trade in value.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
i think game would be finished off as we know it , they struggle now don't they this would make it worse. i think trade in prices would crash for sure
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Have got revelations coming tomorrow. Out tonight though but then will spend saturday and sunday chilling on the box and watching the Champions League final tomorrow night. Dortmund will win people!! Also Shep I need to smash you on Fifa again before you go on Holiday :P
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
sunday night is my only free time tom, im also backing dortmund to win!! i knew mario gotze would not be playing, he aint injured for s*it
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 4 years ago
I forgot ill also be checking out cyber sunday hopeing for an good deal on the tomb raider reboot for ps3 & mayble ni no kuni too hook me up my fave game retailer shopto!
Frimelda Lotice's avatar
Frimelda Lotice 4 years ago
Anyone wondring why Super Luigi U is £40 when the direct said it would be $30? I don't think it should be at that price anyways....
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
For the Champions League final I'm with a group of friends and we're each going to be split into 2 groups and 'assigned' to support either Bayern or Dortmund for the night - don't get a choice who we will be supporting!
A tip for Bywater and anyone else playing RE Revelations, don;t even think about infernal mode without playing through story mode at least once on normal, the enemies are such bullet sponges without any upgraded firepower. And a tip for anyone with a 3DS, get yourself some Donkey Kong, even more awesome in 3D. Hoping it's a placeholder price Adrian, but it wouldn't be the first time Europe has been shafted on pices.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
Yeah i tried RE in infernal on the demo big mistake. Was thinking of getting donkey kong but not too sure as i still have fire emblem that keeps taking me back in.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Wouldn't go anywhere near it Gloria, Just read that the xbox 360 version doesn't support online co-op. Massively disapointing as me and my mate were going to smash it tomorrow after the Bayern vs Dortmund game.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
Bywater if its RE it has the raid mode as co-op for online its like the sections of the story but with no story and a level progression that lets you buy new weapons and so on and its in all versions.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
yeh we wanted to play through it as the story, nevermind. Guess i'll just smash it and send it back.
It's one thing playing 5 & 6 in Co-Op but why would you want to play Revelations in Co-Op? Kind of defeats the propose of a survival horror
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
yeh true, i need some co-op games.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Cex have had it if Microsoft get there way. I think Sony would be very foolish to follow this route. Can't see why the likes of EA would like it. After all all the costs are going to MS and not them
I would highly recommend DKCR3D ZF, it was a great game on the Wii, but it's even better on 3DS, it just feels more at home on a handheld. Been thinking about Fire Emblem myself, I just need one more game in the 3DS promotion to get a free game, really don't know what to get though.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
I will be looking ad news from Wedensday to Now and try to catch up with my Anime
Raid mode really is the best multiplayer mode in an RE game ever, especially with the RE.net support, managed to get some weapon unlock codes from their facebook page for it.