Wednesday Chat, May 29

It's almost June, which of course means that E3 is drawing ever closer. We'll be covering the event as usual, with Jake, Ash and myself in the UK, while Alex will be sunning himself in L.A, lapping up all the atmosphere of the conference. It's not all glamour for him though as he'll be running from one appointment to the next, trying to get hands on with as many games as possible, while we get hold of and post every piece of news we possibly can.

It's going to be fun.

So on the subject of E3, what will you be doing? Are you having an E3 party? Are you stocking up on as much coffee as possible, or are you just catching up the next day by scrolling through the pages and pages that will no doubt build up on ShopToNews?

Let's Chat E3 style!

Edited On 29 May, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
E3 Tradition in my house. I've got the week off work, I get plenty of decent coffee and snack food in and I shift the PC down to the living room and watch the streams on the TV. A full 12 hours or so on the Monday is gonna be a killer, but I'm really looking forward to it this year.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
I am away this year so i don't think i will watch any im not that hardcore anyway i just look it up when i get back.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
This year is better, I got my ipad ready to chat on twitter and shopto (for those that stay up too) and it'll stay away from my internet connection so it doesn't screw up the streams on my rubbish internet.
I'll be watching it and playing Dark Souls at the same time since there is a lot of downtime between PVP matches
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
won't watch it. nox you love that dark souls don't you.
You know it
I'll keep an eye on things, not as excited about it as I used to be. My birthday that week too, so I'll probably be spending more time doing birthday related stuff.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I'll probably take the 10th off, and the 11th. Just for a long weekend and get the main ones without being tired for work the next day.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
I will be watch live stream and then use the next days looking through news to be sure I am fully update on Gaming stuff
Now I can die happy. Barbie Life in the DreamhouseParty is coming to WiiU, Wii, 3DS and DS
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
I will watch the Sony presentation live but the rest of E3 I will read about the day after.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
It's on at 2 in the morning! Surely if you're gonna stay up for that, you may as well watch the 3 before it?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
@ nox but is it been shown at e3 will tune in especially to see it if it is.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
@Troublemaker, who are the other 3 and what time do they start?
The one i'm most looking forward to is the Ubisoft one, always entertaining without fail. Last year it seemed that I was to only one who know who Toby was
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
@Spear. Monday evening (times approx, i can't remember exact) 5.30pm - MS, 8pm - EA, 11pm - Ubi, 2am - Sony. more or less.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
may watch the sony brief but 2am why do they always leave it so late , other wise may just catch up next day cause my internet connection is rubbish as well
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
kratos im in the group of crappy internet
It's not late in America
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
@Troublemaker I may watch them then. But I got unbelievably bored watching MS reveal the Xbox One the other week. Will give it a go but if they say the word TV or keep talking about entertainment experience about 50 times in the first 20 minutes I'll turn it off. Not really too fussed on EA, or Ubisoft to be honest. I don't usually buy Fifa that often, not too interested in Battlefield 4. Might watch Ubi for Watchdogs but I'm not that impressed by it as some people are.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
tell me about it tryed to watch ps4 show all it said was buffering!!!
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
I think I may just have got MCV to change one of their headlines because I'm in a mood. Opps. #powertothepeople
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
It was a pretty stupid headline though. Good on ya Joe
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
@Spear. Yeah, the MS show is usually good for a laugh. the last three years they have been a complete farce at E3. Their conferences are a complete clusterfuck everytime. The EA one will be interesting this year to see what MS deal shit they spout. Ubi is always entertaining. - My internet sucks too. luckily, by the time Sony starts, everyone else on my estate is asleep and the internet speeds up a little!
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Just incase you're still not sure - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QflHRLW0Tz8
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
@Troublemaker, Yeah I could do with a laugh, should be funny with the new mandatory kinect on Xbox One. In terms of Ubi, I'm hoping for them to really encourage me to like Watchdogs. I know a lot of people are already excited about the title but I didn't see anything that makes me think its a day 1 purchase imo. What do you think about Watchdogs?
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Watchdogs is day one for me. I trust Ubi to do it right, and it lokos like it could be an amazing story. Basically, it looks like what the god-awful syndicate should have been. It's a new IP I can definitely get behind.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
watch dogs is also a day one buy for me , for a new ip its got alot going for it like how you can hack things on your phone , its gonna look stunning on ps4
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Watch Dogs is Day 1 for me. The only thing that may let it down is how the character is, but I'll be getting it no matter what.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
are you on psn D W whats your id can add you then
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte mate.
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
I won't be watching it, just coming here for the summary later. Kudos to those of you who will be making the effort!
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
ok will add next time on ps3 , any one who wants to add me just let me know
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
I will look at Watchdogs with an open mind, and see what Ubi show off at E3. Does anyone know if we're expecting a Naughty Dog presence at E3? Would be nice to see if they plan on another Uncharted or something different for PS4.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I've heard they're going to be there for The Last Of Us, but it wouldn't suprise me if Sony rolled out all 12 of their unique studios games at E3, just to show what the PS4 has.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Considering TLOU is out after the conference, I would expect them to be there for that if nothing else. I would guess at a reveal of some sort for ps4. But kinda hope it's not uncharted
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
@Nox i ordered the assasins creed anthology today:D
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
I was hoping to hear something regarding PS4 from them, considering The Last of Us is finished by now. I do like Uncharted, but I wouldn't be too bothered if they started something different. Just want some sort of indication on what they will be working on next.
It's at a really good price now isn't it?
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
cost me £61 but i don't mind paying it because it looks nice and you get all the DLC
The only bit of DLC you don't get is the PS3 Exclusive Content, or at least my box didn't come with it. Cost me £73
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
its a shame shopto didn't do it!
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
I would gues Naughty Dog will be doing something new. PS one was Crash Bandicoot Ps2 was Jak and Daxter and PS3 was Uncharted and last of us so PS4 hopefully they will do something new.
That's Amazon exclusives for you. TBH I hope Naughty Dog go back and make a new Jak game for the PS4
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
I would also love to see another jak game just because I don't care about uncharted as I think I'm the only one on earth who couldn't get into that series. Also is anyone getting the GTA V collectors edition I'm pretty tempted but the price is slightly steep.
I get Uncharted 1 in the post today
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
amazon gone live with next gen pre orders go have a look at prices 600 got to be joking and cod ghosts 130 must be the most joke prices ever seen , i know its a estimate but damm thats high
Maybe Amazon know something we don't ;)
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
COD must be pretty special if it does retail for that , lol
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
They've only put it as that as the pre-order price guarantee means that they can't really put it lower, as if Sony/Microsoft decide to have a really high pricing console, Microsoft won't lose out on shedloads of £. Will be down in price soon enough.