Friday Chat, May 31

It's Friday and I'm in the need of some inspiration. We've have both console announces and now the excitement has crashed back down to earth. It's still a few weeks before E3 and all of a sudden the world of gaming is a little less glamourous.

The next few weeks should change that of course, we'll get a ton of new games to talk about, the speculation meter will reach the top and then just as E3 wraps up, out comes The Last of Us to keep the gaming world alight.

But then what? A few months of quiet time before gamescom, before the new releases start to appear in the build up to Xmas. And then.... the release of new consoles and the emptying of all of our wallets.

Wait a minute... things don't seem so bad after all.

Let's Chat!

Edited On 31 May, 2013

Comments
troublemaker 4 years ago
Alright then Joe, I got an argument for you. If you were, like most of us, only able to grab one console on or around launch, knowing only what you KNOW now, not what's rumoured, which direction would you go?
Lovefilm are sending me GRID 2 and Fuse today :)
troublemaker 4 years ago
I've got grid 2 on the way from Boomerang. I would have Fuse too, but i sent my last game back to myself! I'm a twat. I forgot to change the address label
You're probably not missing much with Fuse, the demo was very meh.
troublemaker 4 years ago
Oh, and Empire's TLOU Review has convinced me to buy it. While I think Citizen Kane is pretty shit, for Empire to compare TLOU to it, is a pretty big deal!
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
@troublemaker If I had to choose, easy. It's be PS4 for me every time. I prefer Sony's exclusives to Microsoft's and that's the only reason.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
We'll have reviews for Remember Me, Grid 2 and Fuse next week. We should also have a review for another game...maybe.
troublemaker 4 years ago
Good answer mate :) haha! Look forward to the reviews.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
Yeah i have headr that fuse is meh to gloria.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
I have heard Remember me is pretty bad as well supposedly a lot of studios passed on it bit of a shame as it looked interesting.
troublemaker 4 years ago
I'm hoping remember me hits my mat from rental place next week. I won't buy it, there's been too much bad stuff said about it. Fuse looks pants, but I want to try it!
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
I wouldn't believe everything you hear Bindiana ;)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Guessing you like it Joe cool be interesting to hear someone elses opinion on it.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
So jealous Gloria :@ I'm getting Fuse which I wasn't overly fussed about but no Grid which I was buzzing for.. Really looking forward to E3, But not going to be about much today. Beautiful day in Plymouth so I'm hitting the Hoe :D
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
The Hoe is the seafront by the way, Not what I call my Girlfriend...
troublemaker 4 years ago
It's lovely up her at the mo. hoping to sneak outta work early and find a pub garden!
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
Its just grey here at the moment.
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
I've got a question, I first got my ps3 about 4 or 5 years ago, when I was 13/14, My dad set it up so that he was a master account, and I was a sub account. Fair enough. Now I'm 18 but I cannot upgrade to a master account, which makes buying things a pain and stops be from uploading to facebook. This isn't too much of a problem though, Ps3 will be over soon so it doesn't bother me much. Now I bought my PSvita, and although I can upload things to facebook etc on vita, I cannot add money onto my wallet, So I have to go onto my ps3, put money into my dads master account and then go back onto the vita to purchase things. Now, What I'm asking, Is when PS4 comes out, I assume we will be able to keep the same PSN identity, however will we be able to upgrade our accounts so that they are considered by the system as "adult" accounts?
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Yeh I'm going to be heading out at about 1ish. Might try and convince the Gf to get me Grid 2, Doubt I'll have any luck though lol. Where are you Yoda? Nicer weather down south at the moment than when I was in Bulgaria.
All grey here too, really wish summer would get started, it's long overdue.
troublemaker 4 years ago
The master account is the first account created on the machine. I would assume that will remain the case for the PS4. Removing your dad's account will make yours the master I believe. Also, store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com you can add funds etc there. So very easy.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
I am not impressed LFC with you swanning around on the Hoe while I am working just down from the Hoe think its very selfish haha
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
lol sorry Bindiani, Look at the weather though, Be rude not too. Might have to treat myself to a Cap'n Jaspers aswell..... :D
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Sunny as up here. Going for a pub lunch since it is payday. Konakona - I'd say you'd be able to update, if it odesn't happen, e-mail Sony who will sort it.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
will wait and see what remember me is like before i check out fuse like the idea of this neo paris type setting , i can see fuse as just another third person shooter
troublemaker 4 years ago
The art style and the premise of remember me seems excellent. But most of what I have read has said that it's pretty poorly executed. One review I read praises the combat, but the combat in the "combat" trailer, looked like balls. It'll be a rental for me, and I'll let you know what I reckon as and when it turns up.
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
TM, It's impossible to convert subs to master accounts in anyway. Which I can live with if it's just on ps3. But I'm worried my entire account will always suffer from limited functionality simply because I was underage when I had my first account. For example my vita, sure I can add funds via the online website, but I shouldn't have to do that. It's just inconvenient.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
@lfc Capn Jaspers Sun and a beer cant think of anything better.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
final'y finished GOW A last night fell flat in the middle but picked up again towards the end may put out a review this week for it
troublemaker 4 years ago
Nah, it'll be by machine. when you get your PS4, you'll be the master account. I'm no expert, I would give SCEE CS a ring, see what they say. If you crash your PS3 back to factory default, does it give you the opportunity to start with your account and make it the master? just a thought.
troublemaker 4 years ago
I find it bloody hilarious that MCV are writing stories about Amazon's placeholder prices. FOr fuck's sake. Have they got nothing better to write about?
troublemaker 4 years ago
It's been well quiet this week. Especially in the mornings without Pyro and Shep! We miss you guys! Come back!
MCV would write a story bout paint drying if they could find a way to make it relevant in any way. It has been quiet, I'd put it down to people actually playing games instead of talking about it, but apparently not.
troublemaker 4 years ago
I don't get to play games during the day. I have to sit in the office and at least TRY to look busy!
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I just pretend to try to look busy.
Sometimes I forget normal people have jobs ;) Daytime is gaming time for me, too much TV to watch in the evenings, except Saturday, bugger all on telly worth watching on a Saturday night.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
I think this site would be so much busier if there was some sort of phone app for the news
troublemaker 4 years ago
Evenings tends to be mixed for me. wife has books to mark, so I game. I don't get in as much as I would like, but i love my films and TV in the evenings too much. I would love it if the forum part of the app worked on the news pages. It's be so much easier.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Yeah I am at work all day so dont get to game then when I get home got a side business as well so usually do work on that so dont get to game as much as i like these days.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I get home, make dinner and chill out. Easy as that. Monday/Wed/Fri I have gym or football but other than that I just watch tv with teh girlfriend or play games. Just a nice easy life.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
Since having a son gaming times been cut down
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
TV time takes up a lot of my gaming time in the evenings, too much good stuff to choose from - Game of Thrones, Dexter, Hannibal, Defiance, Continuum, Breaking Bad, Elementary, Arrested Development, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation...
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
You need to start watching Modern Family or The League.
Is 30 Rock back on? Not seen any new ones in a couple of months or so. Elementary is finished now for the time being too, great finale, so that free's up a little time. My TV week is Grimm, Defiance, Hannibal, Beauty & the Beast, Warehouse 13, Continuum, Being Human USA, Futurama and Revolution.
I did have Batman at the weekend mornings too, but they replaced it with the crappy new Thundercats.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
30 Rock started going downhill around the time Matt Damon was in it/left.
I don't even remember Matt Damon being in it.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 4 years ago
I still got plenty games to play, so any lack of games being released is a good thing, as gives a chance to play them. I will not be emptying my wallet on the new consoles at the end of the year. I will wait a few years before buying a PS4 or Xbox ONE (unless Shenmue 3 is released on one of them!). If they both are going to be using DRM, hopefully by then (a few years time) there will be cheap launch games to buy for a fiver or less, like what Steam do. If I buy a new console at the end of the year it will probably be another PS3 and Xbox 360. I hope MS do a new Xbox 360 with a bigger HDD. PS3 is just a matter of buying cheap one, with small HDD, and buying a separate HDD with caddy for PS3
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
any one played fuse yet interested in knowing what its like is it as bad as they say
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
It's a quiet few weeks really. Only Animal Crossing and Game + Wario for this month. There's a new JRPG I can't remember the name of this month too. And both the Oracles are just out too. I guess that's more than enough really haha
Will post my opinions of Fuse sometime tomorrow after I've played it Kratos, don't expect it to be any different from what it i now though ;)
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
had a feeling so held back until reviews of remember me come out so i could make a choice between the two
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Announced for 2014
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Announced for here too? Sweet. I noticed they announced a Lloyd and Zelos figures too so will pick them up. Shame it's not on Wii U but I guess Nintendo's deal to have them as exclusives ran out.
Yes Sir. Q1 2014 is the window they are aiming for
Played a few hours of Fuse now and it's OK I suppose, it's competently enough put together for a by the numbers co-op cover shooter, the characters and story are are just so generic and uninteresting though. The characters are cliches that you just can't care about, and the story is uninspired at best. It's not a bad game as such, it's just so meh.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I agree Gloria, been playing it now. The story is really uninteresting and not even fussed about the characters. The gameplay is fun with a friend though.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
how does the AI fair when playing alone , or is it a case of must be co op or not at all , think i might wait for a price drop to come . will prob get remember me instead
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
PS4 releasing near Christmas = Sorry Family my PS4 call
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Wouldn't get it to be honest Kratos. Sometimes the AI just sit back, but they are quite effective at picking u up when you go down. Nothing special but nothing completely rubbish either.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I'm going to get it when it's right down in price, so wai ttill then Kratos and we can team up.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
prob pick it up next month DW will get remember me and TLOU out the way first , but yeah good to team up if your planning on getting it
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
been in the garden all day today sun burnt all over ! did not think it was that hot
The Humble Weekly bundle is up and it is a cracker. Back to the Future: The Game, Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse, Poker Night at the Inventory, Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures, Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent, Puzzle Agent 2, and Hector: Badge of Carnage and the the 2012 Game of the Year The Walking Dead
The sad thing about Fuse was that the story and characters were so dull and uninteresting, but they thought people would care enough for them to set up a sequel.