The Last of Us demo arrives for God of War: Ascension owners today

If you previously purchased God Of War Ascension, then today you'll be able to test out The Last of Us, since the demo arrives today.

We are presuming that this will be the same demo we used for our preview a few weeks ago, in which case you'll be met with a deceivingly small download, before opening up the game and being met with another, large download from Sony's servers which took our PS3 around a day to complete.

If this is the same demo we've already played then there are no spoilers, but two very different styles of play and enemy. It's well worth your time downloading, so if you have the opportunity make sure you do.

Edited On 31 May, 2013

Comments
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
From what I have heard the Demo doesnt do the game justice it put you in a spot where you kind of need to do the stuff before it so it makes more sense.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I shan't bother. I broke and just bought it. I won't bother touching the demo now. I have plenty of things to clear before it arrives!
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Although, I'm a bit pissed that I didn't shop around. I knee-jerked it and got it from here. It's pretty expensive from shopto compared to others. DAMMIT!
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Yeah I am not sure whether to play the demo or not already have the Joel edition preordered I think I will wait 2 weeks till the game comes out.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Yeah I have ordered the Joel Edition for £39 thanks to someone on here pointing me in the right direction.
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
TM, You can cancel your pre-orders, you know?
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I know, But I paid for it instantly. It's pay day, and I don't want funds swallowed by baby stuff that I'm out buying tomorrow!
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
Thats it TM don't wory about the baby we are your family now :) I am going to play the demo i have it preordered and payed for but im still going to give it a go.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
The current trend in the house is - Pay day - Pay Bills - Make sure have money for bread, milk and petrol - spend the rest on baby stuff! Bollocks, I wasn't gonna risk it, I paid straight away! My shopto family will see me right, I know they will :D
Jamie 4 years ago
im renting this game from a wesbite called boomerang to play the demo. i believe on the main menu screen there is an option to go onto the demo which has a countdown and once you have downloaded the demo your free to play it.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I don't usually play demos, and when I initailly played Uncharted 1's demo way back when, it put me right off the game, which was a bad move as I came in to the Uncharted universe much later than I should have. I'll just wait for the full game.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I did the exact same thing DW. I'm only just playing the Uncharted games. I'll leave it be I reckon.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
sure it will be a excellent game TM let you know my thoughts about it later with out any spoilers , Naughty Dog always deliver the goods
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Cheers man. I'm sure they will deliver, and I was gonna give the demo a go, but after reading the review that went up this morning, I'm convinced it's worth buying.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
just checked the timer and its not available till 6pm but busy day today so wont be missing out
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
i am a bit worried about the size of the download this might be , my connection takes ages to download a small file , prob be by sunday lol
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
5 mins till demo time cannot wait for that timer to end
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
just my thoughts of the demo as i just played it , the demo lasts for 5mins and you play a small area there were no spoilers in it and you meet a few of the different enemy's. can tell though this is gonna be a classic , the graphics are smooth and detailed and the tension when faced with clickers you cannot make a sound or they investigate and runners like infected in 28 days charge you. all i can say if you were on the fence about this then buy it you will not regret it roll on the 14 june cannot wait!