Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 dated; E3 trailer released

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 will release across Europe in February 2014  on PS3 and Xbox 360 across Europe.

In addition to the above news, a E3 trailer for the game has been released. These publishers sure know how to keep us busy eh?

You can check out the trailer and pre-order below.

Edited On 06 Jun, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i hate to say im slowly giving up with this game! quit the number 13 move on or go back! my opinion!
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Trailers for MGS Revengeance have given up on final fantasy this gen last one I enjoyed was X
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I'm pretty sure that's a metal Gear trailer Joe. Sorry mate
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
Arrgh, I need to put a code in every time I upload a video, so I paste in the code and then change the video number, problem is that I keep forgetting to change the video number :D Video updated :D
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
the perils of a coder eh? been there a thousand times mate.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
really dont want anything more from this series, 13 was a drag i hate to say as was 13-2! im gutted to say this is not my favourite series anymore! i need a new gaming love in my life! i actually dont have anything other than GTA V that im excited for on the 360!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I gave up on FFXIII quite early on in the story. I just didn't feel like I was enjoying ti. I may give it a re-go eventually, but time is running out. I'm massively suprised that a character like Lightning and such have had sequels.
tbh I like FF13, sure it wan't a great game but it was enjoyable non the less
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i miss the old battle system more than anything i think! really missed the old turn based style!
ASC's avatar
ASC 4 years ago
This may be controversial , but I liked both 13 games. I'm not saying they were without flaws - they most certainly had some serious ones such as 13 was on rails for most of it, many people weren't really drawn in by the whole 'defying fate' theme going on for the story and character motivations, and 13-2 main ending was just sequel-bait. I know i'm unusual in that i actually enjoyed the battle system (gotta control the syn-rav characters and avoid manually using com-sen). Although i'd have taken anything over ff12 where you don't have to do anything at all in most battles
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
I am with you shep I prefer the old battle system the old turn based ones as thats what I grew up with I havent really enjoyed many RPGs this generation due to the fact they have shifted to more action rpg combat. the only 2 I think I have completed are Ni No Kuni and last rebellion.
Adam 4 years ago
Personally i'm pretty excited for this after seeing the preview information from destructoid and a couple of other websites. I'm one of the few it seems that genuinely enjoyed 13 and 13-2 even more so. both had a couple of issues sure but still great games! Combats really intriguing me here more than anything though. Especially since it seems you'll be able to cut off parts of enemies apparently (see 1:10). Could be a pretty deep and interesting system! Also the whole "not everyone can be saved" thing mentioned in the youtube description for the video. Could be some cool story choices to make maybe. Too many good things about this game imo!
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
I wonder, what the Special Edition of Lightning Edition will contain and if Square Enix is making the mistake to give GAME exclusive stuff like they did with FFXIII-2
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 4 years ago
I honestly thought this game will be released this year. 2014 is just too late. From FFXIII to FFXIII-2 sales decreased severely, FFXIII LR possible sale figures will be at least halved after next-gen launch since people only have that much money.