Microsoft reveal Xbox One price and release window

Microsoft have announced the price and release date for the Xbox One.

The next-generation console will launch in November in 21 markets around the world, with a UK price tag set at £429. The US market will see the console on sale for $499.

The price is fairly high, but it's a relief compared to the rumoured £600 price point that was circulating from retailers a few weeks ago.

Edited On 10 Jun, 2013

Comments
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 3 years ago
£429 is more than I wanted to pay, but I'm sure there will be some good deals floating about.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
About £100 more than I would have priced it at. Sony has this in the bag if they announce a price at £350-£399
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
He has to have f'ed up when he announced the price, $499 in £ is like £320, not £420, they have hiked on an extra £100 for what exactly? I know for a fact that won't be getting most of the features that the US gets as well.
leighboy's avatar
leighboy 3 years ago
this is weel too high 499 dollars at todays rates is 330 pound not 430 no way be paying this stick with sony ps4
Meh, I'll buy it in a year or so when it's a lot cheaper, unless Dead Rising 3 gets ported as I suspect it will.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
You must be joking with that price. That's more than the PS3 was at launch! And the PS3 was $599 in the US at launch, Xbone is a hundred dollars below that! This should have been £350 at most. I swear to god, every time I say this console can't get any worse... it gets worse.
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 3 years ago
The price is stupid. I don't understand why we should pay more than the americans. I will still be getting one though. I am not pre-ordering the console until I see some bundles so hope ShopTo has some good ones! ;)
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
the price is quite high that makes me think sony may push up there prices hoping we would see it before nov about oct but at least we now know its happening this year
glenn 3 years ago
yes why are we playing more when it should be really £320 if its 499 dollars?
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
That's the case with EVERYTHING here tho. Wii U is the same, Vita is the same, no doub the PS4 will be the same
AARON 3 years ago
because they think we cant use a calculator and there standing on this console is f**k you give us money
Totally Robi, but every time a new console price is released everyone bitches about the exchange rate like it's never happened before.
STEPHEN 3 years ago
I liked the conference but the price and all the restrictions means I won't be buying it as much as I liked dead rising 3 I can't justify spending so much on a console that won't play games if I lose internet access for 24hrs or more. I just really hope sony don't do the same with the PS4.
Redmanc's avatar
Redmanc 3 years ago
It's 499 euros which is around £430. The PS3 cost more than that when it come out. It's no surprise and it still cost less than a half-decent gaming pc and it's future proofed for about a decade.
leighboy's avatar
leighboy 3 years ago
gloria yes we normaly get ripped off on exchange rate by about £60 so about £60 more but not £100 they think money grows on trees if it does why dont they go pick some off them not rip us off
atari001's avatar
atari001 3 years ago
If you take the VAT off it's £343. In the USA states have varying levels of tax that I believe has still to be added to the base price quoted.
jamez's avatar
jamez 3 years ago
Taking the VAT off makes it £357.50
jaklas's avatar
jaklas 3 years ago
People forget the cost MS have to fork out for shipping this product to Europe etc don't have to ship it in USA hence price difference. .so price wise I think its not bad at all I suspected 400 minimum
Bulk shipping really wouldn't be that much, they aren't sending them individually by the postal service.
jamez's avatar
jamez 3 years ago
The console isn't shipped from the USA, it's China, where it's made.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
I doubt it cost £100 to ship to UK though, plus changing the power plug to fit UK sockets wouldn't cost much I don't think, can't see what else pushes the price up.
They charge that much cos they can get away with it, if you don't like the price don't buy it
vhero's avatar
vhero 3 years ago
People have to realise the cost in uk is always higher thanks to TAX.
vhero's avatar
vhero 3 years ago
People have to realise the cost in uk is always higher thanks to TAX.
Jayx000's avatar
Jayx000 3 years ago
HA £429... and thats why i wont be buying this console.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
cant see how people can complain so much about the price! its not loads more than the ps3 was years and years ago so really its not that bad and its not like its a yearly purchase this will last 10+ years not like your being forced to buy it so why complain about it, i for 1 will be paying 429 quid because i dont think its that bad i was expecting 500-600 quid so im happy!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
David could I please ask you to read over the stuff you type because most of the time it's just jibberish and makes no sense.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
right i cave bed is calling the rest will wait til im at work tomorrow, night folks!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
"“ Jay< Don said the console wont drop the price for xbox one next year mate he say." I gather what you mean from this is "“ Jay< Don said the console wont drop in price for the xbox one till next year mate." But I could be wrong. I'm not trying to be a douche about it, it's just so peoe fully understand and don't take something the wrong way.
Martin Connell's avatar
Martin Connell 3 years ago
I think the price is just a little bit more than I wanted to pay, but I think justified because of all the new features and the camera that comes with it. Will be getting it.