PS Plus memberships will carry across the PS4, members will get Drive Club for free

Sony has announced that current PS Plus memberships will carry across to their next-gen console.

Whether you have already signed up, or are yet to do so, PlayStation Plus members will get instant access to the service on PS4 when it launches later this year. Meaning you can get PS+ content on the PS4, PS4 and PS Vita for one price.

It was also announced at Sony's E3 conference that every PS+ member will receive a free download of PS4 launch title Drive Club when the console releases as part of the initiative.

A small piece of bad news came from Sony's PS+ discussion, in that multiplayer on PS4 will only be accessible by those with a Plus membership.

Edited On 11 Jun, 2013

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Glossed over the fact that you need PS Plus to play online though. But still, good news seeing as I've got it sorted.
As I said on Twitter, "Why wouldn't you have PSN+"
STEPHEN 4 years ago
Ps Plus is very good value and to get drive club for free and the beta for elder scroll as well. Well worth the price of plus.
£40 a year (If that) and you get games like Vanquish, Ico & Shadow of the Colossus, Infamous 2, Mass Effect3 & Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning. Tell me where isn't the value for money?
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
They were very sneaky about not actually saying you'd have to pay for online. But Xbox has been doing it for years, and at least with plus you get constantly updated deals! Drive club will probably be cut down, but screw it. Well happy!
Snake-V2's avatar
Snake-V2 4 years ago
Yeah, I actually had it pre-ordered with you guys. It has now been cancelled and the money saved will pay for PS+ for another 12 months and I'll still get the game! All round win!
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
looks like i need some ps plus before release then get in
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Kratos if you look around I am sure you will find a deal for about £30 before launch I purchased a 365 subscription for £32 last week and Downloaded Catherine and Motorstorm Apocalpyse while my console was switched off its a very good service.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 4 years ago
At least Sony boys can finally stop bashing that they get free online gaming. But like XBL, it's not much for a year and is worth it
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
The Drive Club that the PS Plussers receive will be the full game minus content such as cars and that I believe. So basically a free-to-play version where you can purchase more seperately.