Sony announce PS4 retail price

Following the announcement that Microsoft will be charging £429 for the Xbox One, Sony have announced the price point for the PS4.

The manufacturer have announced that the console will launch at $399 in the US and £349 in the UK, putting it £80 below the Xbox One and far below the rumoured £600 price point that was circulating earlier this month.

There's no official release date for the console as of yet, but it's still expected to be released later this year.

Edited On 11 Jun, 2013

Comments
Welshy's avatar
Welshy 3 years ago
Sony killed it at E3. I already have my PS4 ordered on ShopTo but £349 is epic!
STEPHEN 3 years ago
Couldn't agree more, Sony have just delivered fully on what I want from a game console and then some and for £349 without a doubt I am getting one on launch.
Inferno32's avatar
Inferno32 3 years ago
Sony just destroyed Microsoft. Bummer about being a PS Plus to play online but i'm a member already so it don't really hurt me. £349. That crowd went nuts lol.
spike6958's avatar
spike6958 3 years ago
Going to pre-order this right now. Sony have proved themselves once again, I feel unworthy to own there system after I made the stupid decision to own a 360 this gen.
Eldorado Knight's avatar
Eldorado Knight 3 years ago
I knew from the beginning that sony was gonna show xbox they mean business and they did! omg I can not wait for this :) preorder way back and proud to have done .. get in there sony :D
Jahlemn 3 years ago
Thats what we want to hear £349! Just got to wait for more details on hard drive size and wether it comes with the camera.. But sony have put Microsoft in its coffin!
It's Sony so i'm guessing you will be able to swap it out and hopefully it's region free
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
There is no good reason now to own an Xbox. There just isn't. Not at that price, with the deal you get with PSPlus. Nice one Sony. I never doubted you.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
Sony definitely delivered at E3. Can't complain at that price, glad I already pre ordered.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Sure the price is cheaper but there were just no exclusive games that I seen announced that interested me. Whereas with the Xbox I want dead rising 3 and ryse. The final fantasy ones that got announced I'm not sure about as I could get into xiii as much as the previous ones but I hope I'm wrong as we need some good RPGs. Would have to say that the best looking new game announced would have to go to ubisoft again with the new Tom Clancy game although where's the new rainbow 6?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Also titanfall looks pretty sweet not usually into mechs and stuff.
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 3 years ago
Hoping this is not too good to be true but it looks like someone has actually given consumers what they want. Props to Sony. Looks like the reason they are digging up all those old copies of ET in the desert is that someone else might be looking for a landfill site.
gusrug's avatar
gusrug 3 years ago
I want to pre-order it but still not sure if it comes with the camera. There seems to be conflicting internet "facts" about it. It wouldn't surprise me if it didn't just so Sony could leave the optional camera out and lower the price. http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130611a_e.pdf gives some info if legit.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Not a bad price. Will still be waiting for it to be re-released as a slim but still. If Kingdom Hearts is out in the first year I'll get the console for that.
Well they certainly hammered MS on the consumer side of things, no games that really interest me so far though, at least MS had Dead Rising. I won't be buying either for quite a while anyway, so I've plenty of time to see how things develop before I make a choice.
>Facepalm
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
again david you make no sense.
You can't even spell sense David ;)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I'm not picking on you I'm just saying you just need to read over what you put not only will it help yourself but it will also help others to understand you. I'm dyslexic and have never once used it as an excuse, just read over what you type. Just shows your level of maturity the way you try and insult me.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
hes 46 and has a girlfriend u know
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I like how he called me a "ps4 fan" like that was meant to make me feel inferior to him... Just to let you know David I will be getting both the ps4 and Xbox one you "xbox one"
I missed you David, you and your insults are always welcome (It's like having a more aggressive Kevin)
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Not a bad price, but the only reason Xbox one is more expensive is because it comes with Kinect and PS4 does not come with a camera, without kinect the Xbox one would have been the same. And Sony didn't own E3 at all for me, in fact i was pretty bored through 3/4 of their conference, MS and Ubi/EA were much better. The highlight from Sony show was they outright said we support used games, but for me that's no issue because i buy new games any way and I'm always connected to the internet so that's not an issue either. The Destiny gameplay was pretty awesome though, The Sony conference only came alive like 20 mins before the end, where as MS held my interest pretty much all the way through, prob Xbox's strongest E3 in ages
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
To each his own I guess, I'd rather spend £100 less and not have a camera I wont use than spend extra on a camera that I have to plug in and wont use. None of the xbox exclusives interest me Ryse looked good but has been panned a little by slow gameplay, Dead Rising has been turned into a generic brown zombie game, Quantum Break looks cool but has a TV show tie in like Defiance and Forza drivertars will suffer the same issue that is on Real Racing 3, douche canoes who don't race clean.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
If you took away the Kinnect and sold it at the same price as the PS4, you'd have a pretty expensive paperweight. EA had one of the worst conferences, and I'm a massive Sports gaming fan. Drake out for FIFA? Jones/Bendo to just stand there? Footage we already knew about? It was the worst out of all 4.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
I missed everything between Madden and Mirrors Edge in the EA conference and I'm pretty sure that was nothing.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
But Plants vs zombies garden warfare.. damn that looks really fun, even though i can't take the name serious as a rip off of modern warfare, also BF4 MP looks stunning, but by far the biggest hit for me from the whole day was The Division, game looks amazing
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Titanfall and Commander mode on Battlefield were the only things EA actually announced that peaked interest.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
The Division did look stunning, but we won't see that till atleast the end of next year.