PS4 is region free says SCEA rep

PS4 will not restrict games from other regions according to Sony’s Brad Douglas. This news comes after Sony revealing that it's console will not block the sale and trading of pre-owned games.

Sony didn't reveal too many new IP's last night although promises that it has 30 games in development at 12, 1st party studios. 20 of these games will be released in the first year.

What do you think of this latest news?

Edited On 11 Jun, 2013

Comments
Jordan 4 years ago
Does Region free mean if i have a US console i can still play UK games?
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
Jordan 4 years ago
Guess im Getting a us console then. The Uk always gets the short end of the stick in pricing :(
mabbus's avatar
mabbus 4 years ago
Sure does. Yep I have the same gripe. $399 = £257, so how come we have to pay nearly £100 more then the US. I moved to Asia a few years back, so hoping I can get one closer to the US pricing
mudstuff's avatar
mudstuff 4 years ago
You're forgetting that if you ordered a US console you'd need to pay customs and import duty so the price would likely be no different. £350 is a great price IMO. Plus you'd likely need a voltage adaptor. UK console for me but great to know I can pick up some US and Jap games here and there.
Aimee 4 years ago
I am so happy about this. As a collector of gaming merch, No doubt Japan will get a limited console release down the line. Its amazing being able to use my Japanese Lightning PS3. For those thinking out importing from the US remember you will lose your warrenty, have to pay shipping costs and have a high probability of being stung by customs. Not worth it imo.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I still have no idea why the others region lock when Sony don't.
Another +1 to Sony
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Excellent! I have an import or two in my drawer. keeping up the tradition is another tick in the box
I don't have any PS3 Imports but it's nice to keep my options open now my DS on the other hand, I have a bunch of imports, still hurt the 3DS isn't Region Free
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I used to import some games, but I lost the site I used.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
The US price is before tax because Americans are easily fooled by pricing to think they are spending less than they are.