Images show what could happen if Britian got The Last of Us virus

Sony has created some fantastic images to show the destruction that could happen to key UK landmarks if humanity was to be struck by the 'Cordyceps virus', as it does in The Last of Us.

With the global launch arriving tomorrow, this will give you an idea of the sort of destruction you'll see and although Britain doesn't make an appearance, these images make things feel a little closer to home.

Arriving on store shelves tomorrow, we already know that The Last Of Us is a hit, and if you don't believe us just look at some of the scores below. Critics love it, with only a few deviating from full marks and rightly so.

We said in our very own review that Naughty Dog's The Last of Us "is a work of art, a classic waiting to be played." while also adding that you should "Make sure you don't miss out because this game will be talked about for a long time to come."

We stand by every word.

Here's some of the other scores too:

CVG: 10/10
Edge: 10/10
Eurogamer: 10/10
IGN: 10/10
Official PlayStation Magazine UK: 10/10
VideoGamer: 10/10

Check out the photos and make sure you order your copy below. Believe us when we say that you do not want to miss this game.

Edited On 13 Jun, 2013

Comments
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I disagree with the Angel and with Battersea but the rest are probably right.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Pretty cool. Saying that, my copy has just come through the door. Off to play for a couple of hours.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Fuck you Mr. Brooker, fuck YOU!
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Don't we already have this in the form of Chavs? And yeah. Screwwwww you. I'm sitting here waiting far too patiently for Animal Crossing to come through the door. Gotta hate our postal system
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
can u record it so i can watch please brooker, im feeling a little down! lol
I have Animal Crossing HAHA. Just sitting here trying to figure out what free game to get (Leaning towards Monster Hunter)
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
I'm still waiting for The Last of Us to arrive, postman hasn't been yet. I second that, screw you Troublemaker. I'm fed up of my postman always coming late afternoon all the time.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I got rid of my PVR. But I will tell you that it is phenomenally beautiful.
I wish I got it now, some Youtube views would be sweet
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I'm going to my mums for tea :( So basically, yeah, I'll be hoping it si ni mine to play for a few hours before bed.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
my wifes animal crossing is here, of out to get fire emblem and monster hunter saturday i think so i can get a freebe! might be luigis mansion!
or buy Luigi's mansion and get Monster Hunter free
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
buy the cheapest get the other 1 free
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
this has to be the greatest game ever the opening scene was brilliant reminded me of dawn of the dead movie start , naughty dog does it again the best ps3 game to send it off , its epic !!
Harddisk25's avatar
Harddisk25 4 years ago
Did anyone notice that Britain was spelt wrong? Great images by the way.
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
You think so Kratos? I am a little bit disappointed with it so far. I planned to spend the evening playing it but got bored after about an hour. The beginning is one big cut scene where you can see whats coming a mile off and when it does it is kind of fudged a bit. Then basically you get into a slower paced Uncharted. I am really hoping this picks up a bit as I want to love it as much as the rest of the world, so far though not so much.
Luigi's Mansion will hold it's value, Monster Hunter won't. So for people who like to resell I would say that's your best bet
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
@ Datastatic you must be one of a small group not to like it. it didnt get the highest review scores for nothing , i am sure many on here will support that ask TM for his thoughts
To each his own I guess. I still can't believe some people don't like Dragon's Dogma but it's always like that when people don't like some of your favorite games
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
I got the impression that if you loved Uncharted you'll love Last of Us. And if you didn't care for Uncharted it's the same with it. I'm the latter, I need to play Dragon's Dogma. It's actually the next on my PS3 list lol. I heard it's really hard to get into tho
I didn't find it hard to get into but after I got to Gran Soren (1-3 hours in) I hit a wall and got a bit overwhelmed but I powered on through and ended up fighting 3 Orges (Epic hour long battle) and then a Drake (Overpowered son of a ....)
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
Kratos, I realise I am wrong and in the minority. I just had another hour on it and I am liking it a bit better. Its a great game I am sure, just not sure its THAT great.
No game will ever live up to the hype you have built around it in your head (One of the advantages to being a Pessimist)
TromaDogg's avatar
TromaDogg 4 years ago
Been playing for a few hours, on and off. After a fantastic opening scene, things do slow down somewhat for about an hour or so whilst the game teaches you the basics, and unfortunately the storyline does seem to drag at this point. However, stick with it until you get to the main part of the game (meeting up with Ellie) and things pick up considerably...I've just been beating a room full of Infected to death with a steel pipe and having great fun. You do have to give the game a bit of time at the start though to get going properly..
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I'm in the same boat with Pyro and Brooker on TLOU, It's an amazing game visually and the controls are intuitive but I don't recommend trying to play too much in one go, it's really intense.