Animal Crossing: New Leaf breaks digital sales records

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has announced that Animal Crossing: New Leaf has broken digital sales records at the company.

The title was released last Sunday in the US and is having an "immediate impact" according to Iwata, who made the statement at a Nintendo analyst briefing during E3.

"The digital version of the game set a new record for launch day sales in the Nintendo eShop and sales of Nintendo 3DS hardware were nearly four times greater than the previous week." he said.

The game, which has sold nearly four million units in Japan, released today in the UK and Europe. Nintendo believes that it is pushing 3DS hardware sales and will do over a long period of time, given its continuous play style.

You can pre-order the record breaker below.

Edited On 14 Jun, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
my wife loved it she didnt put it down for hours! but i had nothing to play last night i was so bored! lol
Andrew 3 years ago
This is literally the perfect game for a digital download, always there on your SD card for a quick orange picking session, no matter what cart you have in your system.
Still in two minds about this, might have to see if I can find one of the other games in the buy 3 get one free promotion on the cheap so I can download this for free.
It's my first Animal Crossing game and so far I am loving it
TURKMINATER's avatar
TURKMINATER 3 years ago
Cant wait to get my free code for this from nintendo so i can play it.come on ninty dont keep me waiting.
TURKMINATER's avatar
TURKMINATER 3 years ago
just checked my account on the nintendo website and found my free download code,but no email from nintendo with it which is how they said it would be delivered.if you are in the same situation i would suggest a call to their website.here i come tom nook.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Kinda wish I got this on Digital too. It's way more suited to it. Just noticed my playtime at 26 hours since Thursday. XD Between that and Fire Emblem it feels like I played so much. (kinda odd since I been on P4 the past 3 weeks or so and it's only at 36 hours playtime tho :/
Really would like this digital too, but as I only have Amazon vouchers to get it with, and it's the cheapest of all the games in the deal on Amazon, then it looks like I'll have to get a physical copy and get another game digital instead.