Knack gameplay detailed in new video

Knack Knack. Who's there? A new video.

A new video who? A new video for PS4 exclusive Knack, which shows a whole heap of gameplay, plus commentary from Sony’s Mark Cerny and producer Yusuke Watanabe.

Ha! I love jokes. Knack will be out as soon as the PS4 is. You can watch the video below.

Edited On 14 Jun, 2013

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I'm really looking forward to this. Didn't like the look of it at the Sony Reveal but I need a platformer in my life.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is interested in this game. Looks like it might be quite fun. At the moment this game looks like a maybe buy for me.
The world needs more platformers in a world filled with First Person Shooters
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
It does indeed. Roll out Ratchet and Clank.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Meh game looks boring, then again these games don't interest me. Surprised it's not open-world and online.
What kind of games interest you?
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I was reading about the demo being played at E3 is supposed to be ridiculously fun, even for people who thought it was just a kids action title.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Mostly RPG's and 3rd person shooters. To be honest i do like some platform games but this just reminds me of kinect games, something fun for the family and not a real game.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
To be honest from the stuff that is gonna be out on release date I think this maybe my first purchase. Its something xbox really hasnt done there have been no great platformers on there console no Ratchets or Jak and Daxter type Games
What's wrong with having a game where you can just sit down and have a laugh. Not every game has to be an Intense *Bang* *Bang* *Boom* *Boom* kind of game
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
I may play this game if i got it free but it's deffinitely not worth buying with all the other great games coming out.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Agreed Nox. Most of my games are too serious, I love to sit and play Ratchet & Clank TOD or CIT every now and again just because they're brilliant and enjoyable.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
You can't play this game Whitey you Xboxer you :P
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
I'm getting PS4 too :)
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
I love SOny's stance on this generation, they said a while back that they wanted to cut down on the amount of FPS games, and they're delivering. Go how I hate FPS games, unless they truly are marvelous, I especially hate military shooters.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I'm not a huge fan of FPS games either, atleast multiplayer wise. I can get stuck in to a good FPS single player.
This is one of the few PS4 games that interest me, sick to death of grey brown 'realistic' games.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
So why do you think Dead Rising 3 was a good thing for xbox?
Because I'm hoping the demo shown isn't indicative of the whole game, and that it's still Dead Rising deep down. If it's not then I'll have to let it go, not like I'm short of quality games with Nintendo.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Dead rising 3 looks awesome, so glad it's no longer stuck in a mall and finally no damn 2 minute load screens!
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
Don't get me wrong a fully open world environment rather than a closed off area is good sense for next generation, and the load screens were not 2 minute long, way to exaggerate. Generic brown zombie game is much less interesting than a fun game where you can put traffic cones on a zombie head and watch them fall over themselves.
Hopefully that's still there Johno, and the madcap weapon combinations, if it's all like that demo though that's it, they killed the franchise.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
They already said that the comedy is still there if you find it, but for the main story line they wanted a bit more serious and wanted the zombies to feel like a threat instead of time being the enemy.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
If you have to actively seek out the comedy, then that kind of defeats the point. doesn't it?
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
Dead Rising to me is a bright and fun zombie game where you can spend hours dressing up in a sun dress and riding a pink tricycle. And ridiculous weapon combos like a wheelchair with car battery, or a cement saw with plates. A pistol with a taped on flash light isn't fun, The hammer and angle grinder is a start but nothing compared to what they should have shown.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
I don't mind it taking a more serious route, while it was a laugh in DR1 and DR2 it was a bit cheesy and over the top, plus we all know zombies are no joke
Cheesy and over the top = good, serious = boring.
That's why Saints Row > GTA
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Saints row 1 was awesome, best game going, SR2 was good, SR3 was silly and SR4 is jsut ridiculous and should not be a saints row game
You are in the minority with that thinking.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Don't get me wrong, Saints row the 3rd was a fun game, and SR4 looks good but it does not belong in the saints series, they have ruined the franchise, how can a gang thug from SR1 suddenly become president, have super powers, fight aliens with dubstep guns and more silly stuff that does not relate to the story.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
Saints Row used to be just another GTA clone. Now it is it's own franchise that waves a dildo in the face of Rockstar
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
And while that's fun, It's not Saints Row, they should of just made a new IP if that's what they wanted to do. Nothing compares to Saints Row 1, best multiplayer I've ever played in current gen
Whitey, the American constitution allows any US citizen to become President with the right PR campaign, comics have taught us anyone can get super powers, and science fiction that anything is possible. Just because it's not realistic doesn't mean it's silly, and even if it is, what's wrong with that, I get enough realism in reality, I play games for the silly stuff, not the realism.