Monday Chat, June 17

It's Monday! What have you been up to this weekend then? Have you been playing Animal Crossing or The Last of Us, or are you still recovering from E3 2013?

It was certainly busy last week, so perhaps it'll be nice to reflect on that too now that everything has calmed down a bit.

Speaking of last week, E3 isn't finished for us as we still have all of our impressions to bring you, in the meantime though, Let's Chat!

Edited On 17 Jun, 2013

Comments
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
The Last of Us... Who hasn't been playing it? also a bit of FF7 too
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Animal Crossing. Sunk about 30 hours into it thus far. Still only scratched the surface, got no upgrades to the town, only one town upgrade (a Bench) but made progress on my Museum at least. It's kinda weird how it isn't really a game yet is so addicting. Also started Walking Dead, it's basically reskinned BTTF thus far but...honestly not interested in it atm. It's so back and forth and doesn't seem to know where it wants to be. But it's only chapter 1 so. Kind of amusing how this...also isn't really a game but more like a visual novel.
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 3 years ago
I have finished Assassin's Creed (the first game), and I started to play Assassin's Creed II. I also spent a lot of time with my buddies. It was a good and relaxing weekend :)
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
The Last of Us, GRiD 2 and Dead Rising 2 Off The Record were my weekend.
Finally got round to playing some Crysis 3, fourth time I've had it from Lovefilm and this time it finally got out of the plastic wrapper, it's better than 2 I suppose, still a bit tedious though. Also played some more Raid mode on RE Revelations, bumped myself up a couple more levels and unlocked another character.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
It was all about The Last of Us this weekend. Love it. had to replay about 3 hours of it so I'm not as far as I wanted to be, but the game is breathtakingly good!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
started and finished remember me was alright i supose
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I've kept remember me for the time beiong. I'll finish it at some point, but it didn't take much for me to turn to something else. Haha! Also got all but one trophy for my Uncharted 2 plat. I fucking hate co-op trophies!
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
remember me was sadly a hot steamy turd of a game! i watched the 1st 4 hours of TLOU on twitch lol! i wasnt playing it sadly but i was happy sitting there watching it to be fair! WOW what a game, then i went and traded all my old stuff in that i had no use for which i havent done in 2 years dont like to trade! so i picked up fire emblem, monster hunter (wife already had animal crossing so ive got luigi mansion 2 for free :D) dragons dogma dark arisen and AC3 cause it was only 18 quid and its the only 1 i aint played and lovefilm have not sent it me since its been on there! all in all good gaming weekend, i love when the misses is occupied i get more time lol
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 3 years ago
Been at a stag do all weekend so no gaming for me, I did get to fight zombies at 'Zombie boot camp' however so very tired + bruised today. Last bit of actual gaming would have been Tekken Revolution last week.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Oh also re found my addiction to for battlefield 3 just a shame I'm playing on xbox and not ps3
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
I'll play Battlefield with you, it's one of the two games that I'll drop whatever I'm playing to play. The other being Borderlands 2
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
As with a lot of people been playing last of us havent played much of it but enjoying it even if I am finding it hard.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I'm playing it on Normal, and it has a few difficult sections. Not looking forward to survivor difficulty.
Samka's avatar
Samka 3 years ago
Was busy most of the weekend so me and my boyfriend only managed to play about 8 hours of the last of us (sad times), but I guess we're around half way through now... playing it on hard and yeah it's pretty challenging. Those damn clickers! Gotta love molotoving several of them at once though.. so satisfying. *Such* a great game so far though, I wish I wasn't at work now and was at home playing it :(
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Johno of your xbox add me Joes Gnasher
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
so xbox one have announced that games are $59.99 apparantly the same as now? what would that mean for us though! anyone got an idea what this is in ££s these days!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
It's £40 shep
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
That's $60 before tax, so it'll be £50+ over here like it is now.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
same price as we see here now. 40 notes. notice the announcement read that MS first party titles would be thins price. it means that EA and Acti are still fee to up to £55 if they so choose.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
says EA wont be changing either, but thats a load of BS we all know it, so the price will be roughly the same now then :D sweet
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
I actually went outside yesterday, shock horror.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Think ill be joining the ps3 crew tomorrow when I get paid!
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
@Joe Tootell, If you do get a PS3 you should get The Last of Us, and Infamous. Two great exclusives. Whilst playing The Last of Us I couldn't help thinking ''I wonder what ND are working on next'', I don't remember any announcements for their next project yet.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I would bet on an announcement soon. Now TLOU is out and kicking arse, it'll be a good time to announce their PS4 project. Bring it on ND. I would also add Killzone 2/3 and the Uncharted series to that list of excellent exclusives Joe. Great games.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
There are lots of games you should try if you have the time Joe Like Ni No Kuni, God of War 3 and the HD God of War collections and obviously the Uncharted and last of us
Don't forget Flower
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
i think i'll be renting most of my games till next gen, i use to have a ps3 so i have played alot of games biggest regret was selling it tbh.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
LOOK!!!!!!!!!!! an xbox one game has broke into the top 10 :P
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
It's the small victories that are the sweetest huh?
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
indeed my good friend, sweet like sugar!
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Been on the last of us and the FF14 beta both really good. Personally feel that killzone is good but not great feel the same for halo as well though. God of war 3 i found got a bit boring sure it looked good but that was it. Would definately recomend Uncharted and infamous if you are picking up a ps3.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
im tempted by FF14 i spent like 2 years on FF11 but got fed up when all my mates left me :(
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Has anyone played Defiance? if so what do you think of it?
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I was out most of the weekend, so when I was available I spent time playing The Last of Us, and when I wanted to watch some sport like Italy v Mexico or that, I put Tiger Woods on to blast on that while watching the laptop.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Just got Samus' pants in Animal Crossing. Somewhere there's a Bounty Hunter running around with no pants
Ok, so I just finished Remember Me and while the game isn't without its faults, I enjoyed it (Who ever it was that had the idea to make THAT the final boss deserves a swift kick)
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Oh yeah, got my Mario Galaxy soundtrack from Nintendo today. Amazing stuff. Still one of my faves
The premium one?
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Yup.
Cool. Xbox One http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RtSGFryKwo
You get that off the stars catalogue Robi? I' was saving up for the SNES controller but they've taken it off the catalogue, don't know what to get now, maybe the Mario characters statue. Stupid thing is I just made 700 stars doing little surveys for all the downloads on 3DS and Wii U I've made in the last 2 years and could have got the SNES controller a month ago if I'd known about them.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Yeah was from the catalogue. Arrive quickly too which was surprising. I coulda got the Mario statue too but dont really have the space. Wish they would update the Wii cards with e-shop cards.
That would be nice, not been much good stuff on the stars catalogue lately, had load of good stuff off there over the years, OoT master Quest, Donkey Konga 2, wifi dongle, hardly ever see a game on there these days.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I got the mario one its not too big but it is nice/
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
There's a Game And Watch that I'd love simply for being awesome and Retro. Wouldn't mind the Mario Kart Trophies but would prefer Mushroom, Flower, Star etc
No Mario Kart trophies on there now. :(