Over 500 development studios working on PS4 games

Sony has said that there are 505 developers making games for the PlayStation 4.

We already know that there are 30 exclusive titles from 12 first party studios in the works, 20 of which will arrive within the first year of the console's launch.

As for the other developers? Well we expect those studios to be those offering a mix of blockbuster titles such as Destiny, FIFA and Watch Dogs, to the smaller indie studios, who'll be offering up all manner of byte sized, quirky titles, the likes of which were announced during Sony's E3 press conference.

Edited On 17 Jun, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I'm gonna say that that's a typo. what they actually said is that 505 Games are making something for PS4!
Probably, 505 does sound a bit excessive, are there even that many developers around these days?
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
impressive but not the slightest bit shocking! i admit sony destroyed everyone at E3 and possibly Ubisoft looking the most impressive with watch dogs ACIV the crew and obviously the division! im so tempted to go sony but the pad is really putting me of BUT the wife has agreed that when the price goes down i CAN have a ps4 :D yay
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I wouldn't get too hung up on the pad. All i've read says that they've learned their lessons and it'll be a big improvement on the PS3 one. THe chat show footage of Anthony Anderson the day after the reveal had plenty of mentions of the controller feeling better. Also, someone has already said they'll be making an XBox style controller for PS4. no more excuses my friend. Come over to us.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
The price is already down on the xbox Shep.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
ill be coming over dont you worry, ive never felt more heart broken over missing a game than TLOU but it was actually amazing to watch! clickers are fight fuckers lol! and johnno still says £428 on here? whats it meant to of dropped down to? or are u referring to it being a pound cheaper on here than RRP lol
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
It's an experience to play. the clickers scare the shit out of me. And my dog!
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
i know your poor dog lol! have they really droped the XBO price?
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
Yeah, it's only £428.99 a whole penny off RRP
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Seriously! I've never seen her react like that. you hear the clickers and she hides behind me. bless her.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
lol got to love dogs!! and screw you johno lol
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah clickers scare the crap out of me as well especially as you cant silent kill them unless you have a shiv
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I did come to a point last night that had me raging with frustration. **WITHOUT SPOILERS** The second time you meet a Bloater! That motherfucker enraged me! I almost stopped playing!
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
lol game rage, worst thing ever! lost so many pads in my younger years haha
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
ha ha i just got through that bit.. was it the flooded basement? I dodged the Bloater didn't want to waste ammo
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
That's the one. fucking thing. I kept dodging him, but kept getting lost in the dark trying to find the dam exit! It kept grabbing me. Managed to luck out on my escape on like the 4th try!
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah I know what you mean not got to where you were but there was a bit in a supermarket I think it was where there are 4 clickers and a few runners sneaked round most of it then got to where i needed to get out and there was a clicker there killed the clicker silently but everytime I killed it for some reason 2 clickers and runners kept coming from behind me and killing me was very frustrating
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
The Stalker that jumps you was funny caught me way off guard, luckily I managed to have a pipe and 9 shotgun shells to finish off the others then I just dodged the Bloater to get out lol.. First time fyi... on Hard lol... oh by the way supposedly if you finish it on hard it unlocks survivor + so 2 plays should suffice. i might have an easy play after for collecting
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Bricks! Bricks and bottles save my arse constantly against clickers!
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
DAMMIT! I don't mind a third playthrough if i need it, but BOLLOCKS! I read it would be 3 playthroughs regardless so went with normal for the first go. SHIT!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
Hard really isn't that bad so far, i've been caught by clickers a couple of times and got mashed by the first Bloater about 4 times that's about it, fire and rifle headshots for the bloater shame rifle ammo is so scarce
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I must admit that you really have to earn the trophies its mainly collecting everything and then completing the game on every difficulty. Then a few multiplayer ones.
Samka's avatar
Samka 3 years ago
I found Hard really difficult at the beginning when I hadn't worked out my strategy for clickers yet, but since then it's (mostly) been ok. Apart from the first Bloater. Omg. Ended up rage quitting, practically throwing the controlling at my boyfriend and mad-woman screeching 'you do it! I can't f-ing deal with this bastard' (well, that's the polite version of what I said anyway).
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
ha ha yeah took me a while to figure it, once I did he went down really easy. You just have to get those head shots (cauliflower shots) to make him go down easier use the shotgun to stun him a little... fire works great
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I'll happilly do a survivor playthrough twice. I'm enjoying the game enough to do it. Just gutted that what I read was wrong! Balls! The trophies are weird, it's all collectables and difficulty trophies. a poor list from ND. But it's the first game in a while that i've played really not caring about the trophies. I just want to play the game.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
Yeah it seems to differ all over the place, I don't mind either way tbh and I think the trophy list is brilliant, not dicking around in game to get them just play how you want and get rewarded at the end...? best trophy list i have seen in a long time bar the multiplayer ones..
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I don't mind the list. But I'm a fan of progression trophies. Just so I have an idea as to where I am (Tomb Raider had a similar issue for me) but like I say, I care very little. I'm loving the game, and I'll clean up in my next two playthroughs
Samka's avatar
Samka 3 years ago
Yeah the trophy list is unusual. Gotta say the trophy whore in me is slightly disappointed there wasn't the obligatory 'you've been playing the game for 15 minutes and have reached the first cut scene! have a bronze trophy' that you get with most other games...
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I think the worst part is when you walk around something, like a wall or hut, and the Clickers standing there alone, doing nothing, in an area not inhabbited by enemies. Never jumped so much from nothing lol.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
It's possible that there are this amount of developers. Nintendo recently said they had around 1000 indie devs wanting to work on the Wii U, so wouldn't be surprised if Sony had most of these too