E3 2013: Dead Rising 3 Preview

Don’t let the gameplay from the Xbox press conference fool you, Dead Rising 3 isn’t a serious game. Sure, it takes a more distinct tone that branches out from that of its predecessors, but that doesn’t mean that it has lost the silly, irreverent tone that fans fell in love with.

Behind closed doors at the Capcom booth, there’s a Dead Rising 3 demo that gives off a completely different vibe that what people were expecting based on the initial reveal at the Xbox conference. That demo was 95% serious and 5% Dead Rising. Thankfully, this new demo turns that ratio right around.

It’s not all hyper-serious Day-Z play, but, instead, opts to bring the same style that made Dead Rising 1 and 2 successes to the open-world. Sure, the other games were *technically* open-world but you were still confined to the mall in all situations. Dead Rising 3 moves you into the open world playing as Nick Ramos, an automotive mechanic with some special connections that allows him to survive and thrive during the zombie apocalypse.

There’s still the silly weapons that you always enjoyed finding in the first games and this time around, it’s a bit easier to craft the ridiculous weapons that Dead Rising is known for. You’ll still find blueprints laying around the environment but you won’t need to find a crafting table to actually make them. If you have the blueprints and parts required, you can craft them anywhere.

Edited On 21 Jun, 2013

Comments
That's put my mind at rest about it a little, still think they should have gone with Frank West again though, it's why Off The Record was so much better than DR2.
Gloria 1 year ago
cant wait for this, love the games so much and i cant see this being any different if not better! roll on!
Shep _1 1 year ago
Didn't read the article. Instead, I used the search function to see if the work "mankini" was used. It wasn't, I'm not interested! haha!
troublemaker 1 year ago
this was one reason i ordered a xbox one cannot wait for this looks so good so many zombies to kill
Dark572Assassin 1 year ago
This is the game that makes me consider the one, but then I remember kinect.
iMerle iDixon 1 year ago
Not loving the "grittier" appraoch to the look of it, but I'll give the game a shot I guess when the DR3 equivalent of 'Off the Record' hits PS4 next year.
PrometheusFan 1 year ago
No pink tricycle, no sun hat and dresses, no sale.
Johno Muller 1 year ago
Really can't wait for this, the zombies look so much better now and graphics have taken a huge step forward, It's good they kept a bit of humour in there but personally I never really found most of DR1 or DR2 funny, it's just cheesy American like comedy where it's trying to be funny but isn't actually really funny, plus I find it weird that anyone would dress up in a woman's outfit or mankini in a zombie apocalypse. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Dead Rising fan, number 1 was one of my favourite games on 360 but I'm glad they have made the zombies a bit more serious and the game looks amazing.
Whitey 1 year ago