GTA V has three million copies allocated for pre-order

Rockstar's GTA V could be a record breaker, with a recent report suggesting that the publisher has already allocated three million copies for the UK alone.

According to a report on CVG, an 'enthused retail source' has said it could become the fastest selling UK game ever, even out doing the highly popular Call of Duty: Black Ops.

The same site suggests that the latest PS3 and Xbox 360 installed base in the UK stands at around thirteen million units, so if GTA V does manage to sell three million that'll account for about a quarter of the console's market.

Impressive.

Why not add to the three million and pre-order below?

Edited On 26 Jun, 2013

Comments
Arun1910's avatar
Arun1910 3 years ago
Pretty impressive. And I'm one in 3 million! Woop!
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
Hopefully this means CoD will die soon.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
I think I might be one of the very few people who won't be getting this game. Not really interested in GTA any more.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
you and me both Spear. 4 bored the pants off of me, i wil be renting 5
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
me three. Same reason as troublemaker. And honestly I feel like there are so many sandbox games it's lost a lot of it's uniqueness
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
You say that Robi, did you notice the sheer amount of "open world" games at E3 for the new gen? I fear we are about to drown in a sea of expansive but bland cities!
Not buying it either, Saints Row will be loads more fun.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
I've got Lego City Undercover. It's basically GTA but with all the fun in. But have no desire to get another one unless it's significantly different
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 3 years ago
I wonder what the numbers are like on the limited edition one? I don't normally buy them but I make the exception for GTA's..... And I'm sure this post disappoint people seeing that I'm alive. I've been in hibernation to cry and self harm over a girl :D
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 3 years ago
I fail to see how SR4 will be loads more fun? Looks over the top nonsense, full of cheap laughs and suited for SR3 DLC. Alein Probes? OMG SOOO fun GTAIV should be great, and clearly has plenty to see and do. Won't judge it from GTA4 as just watching the vids released it's clear it's on whole another level compared to 4. looking forward to unboxing the collector's edition
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Personal taste? I for one really didn't like how stale GTA4 felt after a couple of hours. Drive here, meet this person, kill someone else blah, blah, blah! It bored me to tears within a couple of hours and this coming from someone that played every other GTA game to death. It took itself way too seriously. Contrastingly, SR3 brought a massive amount of stupid just when it was needed. All the dark and gritty and serious games don't mean dick unless you have something to bring levity every now and then (see Ellie's jokes/scenes in TLOU) and just as everything was getting all too serious, I was handed a game that allowed me to fl a hovercraft around a city, elbow drop grannies and dess up as a nun, a toilet, or in my birthday suit. It was hilarious. You hand someone an open world, it doesn't matter if it's Assassins creed, Saints Row or GTA, people are going to do as many stupid things as they can with them. The only thing Saint's Row did different to the others, was to make it a legitimate part of the game.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Also, lads. When you're working on implementing the Edit button, could we have the ability to use paragraphs as well please?
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
cant wait!!!!!! saints row will be more fun in a stupid way!!! BUT! im a GTA fanboy and i love all the games admitted IV got a bit stale but this is going to be awesome!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Lego City Undercover basically GTA with the fun lol. GTA IV was the only bad spot in a franchise that has been fantastic for years. I figure I'll get it day one, and see how it goes. It will do me for hours, and is one of the open world games I can enjoy the sidequests.