Thursday Chat, June 27

It's getting near to the end of another week, but we still need to find something to talk about, s today's chat is all about Animal Crossing, what's that all about?

Animal Crossing has such huge appeal, although some people don't really get what all the fuss is about. To some it's a childish looking title which seems aimed at that very audience, while others can't seem to get enough. In fact social networks site's such as twitter are full of people talking about it.

So what's the big appeal? Or are you in the 'I don't care' camp?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 27 Jun, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I'll never say a game looks childish. Each to his own and all that. But I for one don't see the appeal. I've watched gameplay, read and watched reviews, etc etc. But I just can't see what it is about this game that has everyone going bat shit crazy! But, you know, people say that about games I love too. It'd be boring if we all liked the same stuff.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
I got bored of playing it, but I think it's because I was emulating and had no online.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
my misses has hardly put it down since she got it, been so quiet :D its great so for that reason alone im giving animal crossing a 10/10! my gaming time has shot up since it come out :P
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Not my type of game is animal crossing, but 'kids' games are awesome. My girlfriend made a quip about Ni No Kuni being a kids game, and that's great. Same with Ratchet & Clank. You need a good game like them to just go back to your kid years every now and again.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I think its more of a problem of having time to play these sort of games I think there good for people who have time to spare to play these every day. I remember playing Nintedogs when I first got my DS it was fun for a bit but after a while it just became a chore then a game.
I'm loving it this time round, tried it on the Gamecube but couldn't get in to it, but this time I can't put it down. Only had it a week and I've already put over 40 hours in to it. My village is progressing nicely, had a few new animals move in, a new shop opened up on the high street and built some projects. The island is the best bit though, loads of insects and fish to be had there to build up the bank balance and fill out the museum. Online isn't as good as I'd hoped, I really wanted to be able to go visit peoples villages when they weren't online, but you can't, you can't even visit them when they are online unless they open the village gate. Club Tortimer is Ok though, lets you mingle with strangers on the island, one time I spent ages collecting stuff there though and it crashed when someone arrived on the island and I lost everything I collected. :(
Animal Crossing is the kind of game you have to play to see if you "get it". This is my first Animal Crossing game and I didn't think I would like it but it's part of my daily schedule now. Gloria build the Dream Suite first chance you get.
Thou understandest not the greatness of Animal Crossing Johno & Brooker
It's not coming up in my town projects list yet Nox, so far I've built a fountain, clock, bench, police station and just planned and paid for a sandpit today, I'm giving the people what they want. Accidentally sold my wetsuit last night though when I was selling stuff from the island at retail, will have to do some tours on the island today to make enough medals to get another. I sold my watering can as well the day before, but luckily a gardening shop had just opened up so I got another one back easy.
You need to find Isabelle asleep at her desk to unlock it
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
You're right, I don't understand it. But you and I had this exact same conversation about pokemon didn't we? It's just not something I have any real interest in learning to understand.
I'll have to have a look late tonight then.
But thou has to play Animal Crossing & Pokemon to understandest the greatness of Animal Crossing & Pokemon (& not on a Emu)
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
no thanks. :)
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I don't think playing Pokemon or Animal Crossing on an emu would detract from much. Flightless bird and all that.
It does if you are sitting in a chair looking at a PC/Laptop screen
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
When I'm playing my 3DS I'm sitting in a chair looking at 3DS screen. It's basically the same but with a different controller layout.
Not really since your sitting in the most Comfortable place you can find, you can move about the house and perhaps the most important, You can play on the toilet.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
You have described a laptop lol.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
i would be lost without the ability to play with a 3ds or a phone whilst having a shit! the day of reading the newspaper has gone!
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
|The only problem, is when you get too engrossed, and an hour after you're done, you're still sitting on the can playing games and your legs have gone dead!
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 3 years ago
People say the same about Viva Pinata, But I think that's awesome :D Can't go toilet without my phone, Nothing beats playing Earthworm Jim while taking a shit.
I don't like lugging my laptop about the house, I can put my PikaDS in my pocket
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
just dont do the rookie thing to go along with those dead legs, dont forget to wipe what may have already dried up because you have sat there to long and u end up pulling hairs out your ass at the same time! OUCH!!!
Too much info Shep
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
The hair pulling I can cope with, just about. it's the subsequent itching that doesn't go away until you shower. It's like having poo-scented sand stuck in your bung hole!
Lovely :P
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
It's not. It itches, and it makes your fingernails taste funny!
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
I'm out
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 3 years ago
Lmao, Glad I left when I did :P
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
haha! i always get the wife to check how bad it smells :Pi really should stop being distracted whilst dumping!
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
finally got metro last light! finally! weekend sorted and got hansel and gretel witch hunters, for the simple facts its jeremy renner looking like a top weekend for me!
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
dear god!
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
that bad....
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I've got tomorrow off, then the whole of next week. So I'll complete Infamous and bash on from there. Got to be up early tomorrow with nothing to do but play games.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I've not watched it mate. And I only will once it appears from lovefilm or sky movies. Several people I trust do say to keep well away from it though mate. and without watching it, that would be a sentiment that I stick with.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
like i said only had it cause its a bit of renner, ill find out tomorrow haha! ive got a copy of TLOU of my cousin. i just need to borrow a console now haha! been denied once so far :'(
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Yeah, I love renner, and have for years. But even he cant make me want to watch that movie! haha! If I find a lull in my gaming mate, I'll lend you my PS3. But I don't see one coming anytime soon. I got Heavy Rain and Painkiller on the way from Boomerang.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
You played Heavy Rain before TM? You can totally Plat that.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
ive got an enquiry with a friend going on at the minute lol!
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Nope, not played it before. PLayed the demo and hated it! I threw it on my Rental list on Shep's recommendation! We shall see. It should arrive today and I should get a fair mount of time to play. Not even looked at the trophy list for fear of spoilers! haha!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Aye don't look at the trophy list until you've completed the game, as it's all spoilers. But if you enjoy it enough to think 'I'll go do this list', it's very easy to do.
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
I've put quite a few hours into this game now, and it being my first Animal Crossing game its okay but i'm getting bored as its quite repetitive. Also why does my character keep tripping over everytime i take a few steps its so annoying!?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Think thats to do with the mystic giving you bad luck.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
right that time of day im of to do some work for an hour then go home and chillax!!! 1 of my rare relax days! speak tomorrow peeps!
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
You see microsoft are dropping the charges for updates.http://www.oxm.co.uk/57153/microsoft-stops-charging-developers-to-update-xbox-360-games/
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
yeah saw that. I still don't think that's the biggest draw for Indie developers, when they have to have a publisher and stuff in place to put it on their XBOX is a bigger deal killer.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
There was always this as well but so far just a rumour http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15353-Rumour--Microsoft-to-Change-Mind-Over-Xbox-One-Self-Publishing.html
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Any game that has the word "Animal" in it, will make me not buy it.
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
Ah that explains it!
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
Why? What is wrong with games containing the word Animal?
Not grey and grim enough for him I expect.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
This game proves your point wrong Whitey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07WlyNiLa3Q
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
http://wearedata.watchdogs.com/ - So yeah, nice to see Watch Dogs'll be realistic.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Whitey I have noticed you don't half come out with some shit.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Because I don't like Animals maybe?
Maybe they don't like you either ;)