Music Charts: Icona Pop reach number 1 with 'I Love It'

Icona Pop's 'I Love It' has knocked 'Blurred Lines' off the top of the UK singles chart this week.

The track, which features vocals from Charlie XCX, was originally released last summer, but it's taken it's time coming to the UK as a single. It finally arrived last week, sending the Swedish duo straight to the top of the charts.

Elsewhere in the singles chart, Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams' 'Blurred Lines' is at number 2, with Will.I.Am's 'Bang Bang' jumping up to 3rd place from 42nd after 5 weeks in the chart. The Wanted's latest single 'Walks Like Rihanna' has entered at number 4, with Naughty Boy's 'La La La' dropping to 5th place.

In the album chart, Tom Odell has entered at number 1 with his debut 'Long Way Down', with last week's best seller Kanye West's 'Yeezus', being knocked to 6th place. Rod Stewart's 'Time' is back to number 2 after 7 weeks, whilst Michael Buble, Passenger and Jake Bugg make up the rest of the top 5.

Daft Punk remain in the top 10 with 'Random Access Memories', whilst Australian duo 'Empire of the Sun' have entered at 24 with 'Ice on the Dune', scoring their second UK Top 40 album. You can get more detailed information on both charts over on officialcharts.com

This week's top track 'I Love It' is available to download now from ShopTo.

Edited On 01 Jul, 2013

Comments
I find it funny that I don't know the majority of these people XD. Btw who the hell likes "Bang Bang"? Makes me want to punch, slap and kick someone each time I hear it
Jake Green's avatar
Jake Green 3 years ago
Your guess is as good as mine...
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
The samsung advert helped this but it is a win for quality pop. Brilliant single.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Pop music makes me want to cry. I don't know any of these songs I don't think, and having googled a couple of them, I'm happy I don't. Only a few weeks until the Fight or Flight album. Bring it on!
Jake Green's avatar
Jake Green 3 years ago
I think 'pop music' has been given an unfortunately bad name thanks to a lot of chart music and the likes of X-Factor. It's a very, very broad term and there's a lot of fantastic music out there that falls into it, but it rarely gets close to anywhere near the top of the charts. I Love It is a fantastic track, in my opinion. Not necessarily the type of thing I'd listen to all the time, but much more worthy of the number 1 spot than a lot of tracks that get it. Hopefully it'll prove to some that there's a lot of talent in pop music and we might see some more quality stuff occupy the charts in coming weeks.
The thing that annoys me about the "Mainstream" Music is that most of it is about one thing (Cookie if anyone knows)
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 3 years ago
The only reason I know the icona pop song is because we are learning it in choir at the moment. Not heard of the others.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I'm generally worried I'm the only one here to know these songs/artists.