Tuesday Chat, July 2

It's getting difficult to find a subject to talk about each day since not much is happening in the world of gaming at the moment. All that seems to be on everyone's mind is the next generation of consoles, so with that in mind we'll once again talk about this subject.

So today's topic focuses on how you are going to go about getting these shiny new consoles. Have you pre-ordered already or are you waiting until next year to see how things pan out. Are you getting one specific console or are you getting both?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 02 Jul, 2013

Comments
troublemaker 3 years ago
I'll wait until January I think. Let any bigs get ironed out, and let the dust settle, I grab a january sale bundle with a butt load of extra stuff and take some time off work to kill a few of the games. I'll definitely pick up both machines eventually, but I'll kick off with a PS4. It just makes more sense for me, the franchises I want are on that machine, and I have a PS+ subscription paid up until 2016!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
Yep I'm going to let all the "bigs" get ironed out too, still plenty to play on this gen and we are getting the best it can offer
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
XBO day 1 for me if my money comes through that is anyway! will be getting both eventually but ill stick with the xbox at launch its the way too go :D
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
PS4 day 1, xbone once it gets an exclusive or around super bowl if my friends pester me enough.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
Now that's out the way we can focus on the important things; like abusing Shep for being an xbox fanboy.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Put a deposit down on a PS4 for a whole 54p may look into an xbox One in easter time after the dust has settled and see what policys they have stuck to or changed.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
On a seperate note supposedly the iterim episode of walking dead is coming out this week on xbox and next week on PS3.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
screw you JM!!!! i love it and proud :D im getting both so not really a 100% fanboy :D i hope they make mass effect xbox exclusive, we shall see what happens then!
troublemaker 3 years ago
Yeah, I may need to change my keyboard. This stupid flat wireless one means I spend half my time correcting typos. I'm in no rush to grab the new consoles. Day one would be nice, but realistically, I won't have time to take full advantage on day one. Better for me to take a bit of time off later, grab a bundle with all the patched launch titles I wanted and fall into the PS4 for a few days!
troublemaker 3 years ago
I saw that Bind, I just started playing the TT Walking Dead game last week. Finished Episode one, loved it. Gonna try and splurge and get through the lot by the weekend. that way I can be ready in time for the PS3 EU release next week.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
aint walking dead 400 days been announced as coming out next week today?? if so great news massive fan of the 1st TT game, going to start watching the series the weekend and ill be straight on the next TT game amazing!
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah loved the Walking Dead games got them on sale at christmas but happy to pay full price now got to keep playing on the xbox as decisions carry over. July 5 for xbox and July 10 for EU playstation.
troublemaker 3 years ago
You guys seen this? http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-02-lovefilm-ditches-game-rentals No more game rentals from Lovefilm.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
From reading that Trouble it seems if you have a games rental package you will be ok for the minute I guess they will start phasing games out over the next year or so.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
from when brooker?
troublemaker 3 years ago
From now, but Bind is right, if you have a games package, you can keep it. I would hazard a guess though that they wont stock any next gen titles and they'll phase out games rental entirely come the new year. Just a guess though.
troublemaker 3 years ago
Back to TWD, I got ep 1 for free from PS+ and bought the other eps for £2 each. well worth it I reckon. I watched season 1 of the show at the weekend too. Amazing. Gonna crack into 2 as soon as I'm finished with House of Cards
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah they are very good value really as each episode usually takes a couple hours as well and the story telling is very good. The first series of the TV show was ok but definately gets better series 2 and 3 just waiting till November till season 4 is out. Will have breaking bad to tide me over till then as that is returning in August.
troublemaker 3 years ago
still got season 3 and onwards of breaking bad to do! haha!
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
i got all TWD on offer at xmas and would of happily paid full whack! ive just cancelled lovefilm and starting a free trial with boomerang games
troublemaker 3 years ago
Good man! haha! It must have been feb or march time I bought it, I just never got round to downloading it. Really enjoying it though. I would rather be playing that than Heavy Rain!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
damn that means boomerang games will get more customers so wont get many first day releases!
troublemaker 3 years ago
At least you'll know who to blame for it!
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
boomerang will stock up with the big lovefilm announcement, they would be stupid not too!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
Glad I left Lovefilm then, the service was f*cking abysmal anyway, shame i still have to use it for BluRay
troublemaker 3 years ago
Yeah, I still use them for Blu-rays. But they are relatively decent for films. I never liked their game service though.
Now this is just a dick move by Square (Teasing us so) http://ow.ly/i/2vfwZ
troublemaker 3 years ago
I did laugh when I saw that this morning
May as well cancel my Lovefilm subscription before the next payment then, luckily I just redeemed a 3 months for the price of one code on it the other day, so I've got a few months left to run on it.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
Looks so fit!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
Might be enough for me to pre-order it lol
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Anyone else seen the xbox sale stuff here http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15417-Xbox-Live-Ultimate-Games-Sale-Kicks-Off.html Its only the US prices so far but its the same for here apparently borderlands 2 and far cry 3 are only £9
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
what happened in x13-2 I think I forgot
I hate the fact that i'm interested in Lightning Returns, maybe it will change when I get around to playing 13-2
I recommend that every RPG fan pick up The Dragon Knight Saga
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I have it on the pc not got round to playing it yet though
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
Do I need to have played the first?
Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity are worth it though (Only need a crappy rig to play them as well)
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
I'll stick it on rental closer to the winter when I have a lot more spare time!
It's a 100+ hour game so I don't think you should rent it
It's good for on and off play sessions
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
I'd always rent it first, a "try before you buy" if you will..
Depends how cheap the deal is for us
I want to replay it now. Thanks a lot
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
i was planning to get both consoles on launch but have cancelled my xbox order now and sticking with the ps4 for the time been , not going to pay 429 just for the odd exculsive will wait till the price drops a bit , any one played catherien yet just downloaded off ps plus with cave which is better ?
Shopto have a Catherine review, just search for it
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I have played a bit of catherrine the social game side is good puzzle side of the game can be difficult in places.
But if I had to comment on what is better ... I would say ........ Shadow of the Colossus
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Not tried it yet but what i played of cave it was pretty fun. I am planning on getting both at launch been saving since the start of the year. Was planning on getting dead rising, ryse, killzone, infamous and battlefield 4. Should keep me going for a while. I am trying to get through a lot of my old games by then finished Dark Souls and Dishonoured at the weekend so starting on far cry 3 next.
Jump into Dark Souls PVP [*^_^*] I would be happy to show you the basics (and give you the gear)
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
got SOTC on list nox still waiting for kingdoms to download 14gb taking forever , whats confirmed next for ps plus starting to wish i had joined sooner now great games
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
I am only going to get one console next gen cant be bothered with having both, but i do not know which one yet. I am looking into getting a vita when killzone comes out if i can get a good deal.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
I can finally get back on this site today i have know idea what goes on with my work pc i could only see have of shopto's site for about a week.
Saints Row 3 and Battlefield 3 are the only ones I can think of
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Kratos Battlefield 3 Saints Row the Third and Payday the Heist are coming later this week I think.
Oh I just realized I didn't answer the question, Ok then. Instead of the PS4 or 180 I'll be getting a Wii U this year and I'll be buying a PS4 as soon as I clear most of my backlog or it gets a bundle with a PSV for a good price, whatever comes first. I'll get a 180 in 2-3 years
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
thanks , be sure to grab battlefield and pay day for sure already played saints row so may grab it later
Just do what I told you and grab the licence for the game
Didn't answer the question either Nox, but as I'm sure everyone already knows I'll be staying Nintendo only for the foreseeable future.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
What do you have dark souls on nox? I have the 360 one. I was playing it the other day with a new character and had a phantom invade my world and i could do no damage to them i hit them far more times and even hit them first with a critical back attack but nothing. It just slightly annoyed me that it would match up someone who is quite far on with someone who had just started.
I have Dark Souls on both and it sounds like the guy who invaded you was hacking
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
Lovefilm are cancelling their game renting section... BOOO!! only for new customers at the moment but it doesnt bode well for the future.
Oh and don't worry the hackers are few and far between but if you do invade them/ get invaded by them just kick them off a cliff or bleed them out
Oh and I finished Uncharted 1 last night, great game but I thought the supernatural element was a bit out of place
troublemaker 3 years ago
I thought it was OK. I forgive that game alot for the dialogue and having played the 2nd one too. I've seen the supernatural ghostly stuff shoehorned into games in a worse way
I'll admit the stand off was intense but the generator room was a bitch on Hard, one of the reasons I don't think I will do Crushing for a while
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah never understood the need to cheat or hack to try and win at a game wheres the sense of accomplishment. The supernatural bit was a bit random you going onto the second one now then?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I thought the first one was good at the time its only after you have played Uncharted 2 you see its flaws the supernatural element was a bit odd but did change up the playstyle which i thought was good.
troublemaker 3 years ago
Crushing was a BITCH! As was Crushing on the second. Loads of people have them, but that difficulty actually leaves me a little proud to have the plats for 1 and 2
I'll be playing the second one after I cleanse my palate with a different genre, finally starting Mugen Souls (Unwrapped it last night) & i'll use SSX, Sly Trilogy and Rayman PS1 as my in-between games
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
I will be getting a PS4 day 1, but haven't decided what games to get with it yet. Probably get Killzone, Watchdogs and Knack (really quite excited about this game). Personally I found Uncharted 1 to be the hardest crushing playthrough when compared to U2 and U3.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Let me know if Mugen Souls is any good. After Far cry i was thinking of either finishing tales of graces or FF XIII-2 i really need to stop starting games then stopping mid way through.
troublemaker 3 years ago
That bloody tank in the mountain village made me rage on U2's Crushing playthrough. Just thinking about it now makes me angry! ARGH! Not started three yet, but will aim to do that on crushing too!
Will do. I'm done with Rayman for today, forgot how difficult platformers used to be (Loving it)
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
I will be getting an ps4 in 1 to 2 years time after launch I have a few backlog on all my consoles at the moment that's way but I can wait. Also got to get an wii-u sometime in between hopefully.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
Yeah I remember the tank part being quite hard. But it does seem a lot of people who have played the Uncharted games platinum them. I hope ND don't go back to Uncharted for their next game. I really enjoyed the series but after playing Uncharted GA (I know it was created by Sony Bend) I'm just a bit fed up with the series.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Nox what would you say the best old school Style RPG on PS3 or xbox I am talking with ATB lIke the final fantasy PS1 games?
I bought 3 on Sunday and just got it today, I would get Uncharted 2 right now but i'm trying to stop getting games that i'll not play for a while (So far so good)
troublemaker 3 years ago
I would expect them to go back to uncharted for at least 1 PS4 game, the fans are screaming for it. Looking forward to getting my teeth into 3, but not just yet!
troublemaker 3 years ago
why would you buy 3 when it's free on PSPlus?
Trinity Universe (Kinda), Hyperdimension Neptunia (Kinda) & (I think) Star Ocean: The Last Hope (Not played it in years)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Bindiana try Lost Odyssey on the 360 that is quite good it has a turn based fighting.
Oh I never saw him say Xbox. In that case you NEED to get Lost Odyssey
I bought 3 for purely collectors purposes (That & I don't want to download it)
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
I'm sure ND will make a PS4 Uncharted, but I've grown slightly tired of the franchise. @Troublemaker, would you want to see a sequel to TLOU?
Furry muff.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
someone missed google. I feel that it would be nice to have a break from uncharted for a while. Also for an RPG try resonance of fate its different but quite good although it is another i need to go back to.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Hrm I wonder if rising star games will be able to ever release deathsmiles II in uk still waiting for it 0.0. We need more cave bullet hell shooters in the uk dam it.
Oh I 100% recommend Resonance of Fate, it's one of my favorite Tri-Ace games
troublemaker 3 years ago
I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel. so long as it's done with as much care and attention as the first one (and the dodgy friendly AI was fixed) I don't want to see a rushed, cash-in sequel. (Bioshock 2 anyone?)
Akemi, if you want it you will need to ask Rising Star about it. No one is going to bring a game over if people don't ask for it
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
I recommend tales of vesperia for ps3 or xbox 360 very well done jrpg indeed.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Nox I have & they said be four was they was working on it but that was an long long time ago sadly but fingers crossed!
As long as we are just throwing out random RPG's. Infinite Undiscovery and Blue Dragon
Just keep on pestering them about it. Oh and Vesperia isn't on the PS3 in the west
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
As I was writing the question I was thinking about Bioshock 2 lol. I think ND would take care with it if they were to make a sequel.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Speaking of rpg's/mmos does anyone tho if an date has been set for the pal release of phantasy star online II for vita & pc? Its seems to have gone quiet.
troublemaker 3 years ago
Hope so. Kind of on tenterhooks waiting to hear an announcement for PS4. They must have something in the pipeline, surely?
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Nox I have be gave up for now & vesperia yeah I tho but the ps3 is region free & its pretty dam cheap to import an copy for ps3.
Nope no date yet but if you can't wait why not just download and play the Japanese version
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Couldnt get into Blue Dragon, Only played a bit of Infinite undiscovery but i did enjoy it. There was a square one that came out as well that i didnt really like it was the last remnant or something like that. Another good one moving slightly away from the RPGs is Valkyria chronicles on the PS3
Bioshock 2 wasn't made by Irrational Games (Still a good game in it's own right)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Given up waiting for PSO2 dont think it is ever coming,
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
I don't know. ND did split into 2 teams a couple of years ago, one team for U3 DLC and the other was working on TLOU. But this could have been a temporary split up of the company. I'm hoping for an announcement of something this year from ND but perhaps I'm being too optimistic.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Valkria chronicles is an great game! Nox na still learning japanese at the moment so im just waiting for the pal release hopefully.
The Japanese version of Vesperia is in Japanese you numpty. The Last Remnant was Ok but too much of it was random, I enjoyed my 3rd playthrough a lot more since I modded my save file to allow me to use as many units and leaders as I wanted
troublemaker 3 years ago
The point wasn't the dev team Nox, the point was "quick cash-in sequel" and I may be wrong, but didn't 2K marin have some dev duties on Bioshock 1?
I got both games year after they came out so I didn't know if it was rushed or not (Game seems pretty solid to me)
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Nox I was taking about PSO2 & I tho ps3 version of vesperia is japanese only but does not stop people importing it tho.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
After really enjoying Bioshock 1 I felt like I was forcing myself to complete Bioshock 2 towards the end.
It does when people want to enjoy the story
& it is £10 more to import the PS3 version
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Cheers for the recommends have played a bit of Lost Odyssey but that was when I first got my 360 and was playing lots of things like a kid in a candy shop maybe worth a re visit then
The thing I love most about Lost Odyssey is the music, that's one of my peeves with Undiscovery
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Nox that's why if & I mean if you want the ps3 version there's nothing wrong having to have to learn kanji & translate it is there just depends on the person that's all
That's what i'm saying. Most people don't want to have to learn a whole other language just to play one game.
Mugen Souls is ....... it is ....... I don't know. It's confusing me
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
I pre order my PS4 back in February and waiting on release date now.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
As in story confusing or gameplay confusing?
It's funny as hell. It's awesome playing as a sadist
Bloody hell this game is great
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I forgot how awesome Infamous 2 was.
This game is awesome. Apparently a Hero has to break ever vase and pot he sees, they are also allowed to break into peoples houses and if they see a dresser they are compelled to open it. Also apparently it's a mental affliction
wiiluigi's avatar
wiiluigi 3 years ago
My next gen plan is to get more Wii U games :D I've got enough games to get through at the moment as it is with owning a Wii U, Xbox 360, 3DS and a Vita with a PS+ subscription. Xbox One and PS4 will have to wait for a long while I think.