Mad Max to have Australian accent

I'm not sure why I'm writing this story, is it really news, does anyone actually care? Well apparently so.

Avalanche Studios has confirmed that Max in the upcoming Mad Max game will have an Australian accent. Apparently I missed the memo but there was a internet campaign going around in which fans complained after hearing an American accent in the game's teaser trailer.

Well it must have worked because Avalanche boss Christofer Sundberg said via Twitter: "Attn. fans who want Max to have an Aussie accent in #MadMaxGame: It shall be so.

"We admire your loyalty. You have been heard."

Now if only we could erase Mel Gibson's dodgy Scottish accent from Braveheart. Petition anyone?

Edited On 03 Jul, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Also, if you pre-order, you get the "good old days" expansion pack for free. Where Mad Max gets drunk, drives erratically and throws anti-Semitic slurs at anyone he meets!
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
tom hardy doing the remake and I think it will be better than the mel Gibson ones
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
In my humble opinion, apart from a few notable exceptions, remakes are never as good as the originals.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
im not a massive fan of the originals! I love mel Gibson I guess I didn't appreciate them cause I watched them in my younger days, but im a massive tom hardy fan so I have faith in this 1, but I do agree a lot of remakes are not as good! also looking forward to the new Riddick! prequel I believe?
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
It's opnly worth going back and taking a butchers if you're interested. But dated as they are, they are excellent films. well, the first two at least. The fact that Fury Road has the same director bodes well, but since Gibson turned down the role of Max, no-one knows what the story is doing! I would have prefered a new film in the universe if it had to be done, but this way they sell it as Mad Max and make a bucket of cash. You won't find a bigger Tom Hardy fan than me, but my fear isn't the acting calibre, it's the production itself. Riddick looks great, I believe it's a prequel but I'm not sure. Anything to erase the memory of that awful sequel.
Quite right too, looking forward to this more than the film, as TM quite rightly pointed out, remakes are almost always turds.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Never watched any of the mad max films on my list of shame of things I havent seen like I have only seen Alien and none of the others.
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 3 years ago
I wonder, who's been talking in that teazer trailer except dying-in-the-desert dude?
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
YOU'VE NOT SEEN ALIENS Bind? Dude! Get yourself down blockbuster. grab the directors cut, it's one of the greatest war movies ever made! Haha! Right, I'm calming down and leaving. I love my films way too much
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Haha brooker I do have the box set of the aliens films but only got round to watching the first will have to force myself to watch the other ones.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Aliens sits in a list similar to the good remakes one, one of the few sequels to surpass the original. It's a great flick. 3 and 4 are good, in their own way. 3 is better if you watch the directors cut and realise it was the guys first feature film,
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Cool well that will be main aim this weekend is to watch Aliens then will watch the other 2 in the following weeks.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
ill give mad max another go dads got the box set!
Never seen Mad Max, Never seen Aliens, Never watched The Sopranos. If you think it I have probably not seen it
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
You know what you need? Lovefilm! haha!
I have Lovefilm (for now) but I don't wanna
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
films are not everyone's cup of tea to be fair, without film and games my life would be so dull! think im going to finally see man of steel tonight! waiting for argo to be sent from lovefilm still not seen that!