The Last of Us is PS3's best selling game of 2013

Sony has announced that The Last of Us has sold over 3.4 million copies worldwide making it the fastest selling new IP for PS3 and the best selling PS3 game of 2013 so far.

To add to this achievement, The Last of Us is also one of the best rated video games this year too, currently sitting on an impressive 95 average on aggregate site Metacritic.

What do you think of The Last of Us? We know what we think.

Edited On 09 Jul, 2013

Comments
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
and well deserved! what a game this is turning out to be was talking to JM about how tense it was at a certain point (see twitter I don't want to spoil) I was sweating and not just cause of the heat I was really worried haha! then BANG big fat bloater rips my face off! 52% done 6.5 hours and im not bored in the slightest! next up is the uncharted series then the ps3 goes bye bye! :'( ill be getting a ps4 for sure now ive mastered the controller!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
yes its a good game but fuck me people arn't half blowing it out of preportion
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
matter of opinion joe
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
dont get me wrong its a cracking game but then if something gets hyped up everyone just jumps on the hype train.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
I didn't enjoy it as much as Brooker did, but I'm not as emotional as he is.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
personally i think the reason it did aswell as it did is down to the advertisment it got..
Not played it yet but Joe, do you get emotionally attached to characters? Could explain why you didn't enjoy it
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
The story was emotional enough, while having set peices and great gameplay. It deserves to be the best selling game this year really.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
DW knows it! im very emotional in general so I think that's another reason I love it so much
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
nox nowhere did i say i didnt enjoy it i loved the game... the point im trying to prove here is i enjoyed this game just as much as i enjoyed something like deadly premontion but the reason the last of us sold alot more than deadly premonition for example was the sheer difference in levels of advertisment.. all im basically saying is alot of the gaming industry evolves around advertisement and hype..(sorry if it didnt make sense dyslexic here so sometimes struggle to put my thoughts into words)
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
and the fact its an amazing game in general compared to everything that is out there (new) at the moment! nothing that has come out in the last 4 weeks and the next 4 weeks will compare to this game, maybe not even the rest of the year for this gen at least!
I meant to put "as much" at the end of the comment.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I wouldn't agree with that Joe. Advertising does do a lot for a game, aye, but alot of games that are given good advertising just don't live up to the hype and dont' sell well. Where as TLOU was praised all around, given the advertising games deserve and delivered.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Excellent excellent game. Well deserving of all the praise it has gotten. I lvoed every minute of the game and I'm looking forward to maybe finding the time to finish my third playthrough. Is it 10/10 worthy? no. But no game is! But it's probably the best game i've played in the last couple of years and makes it worth owning a PS3
Ahem, The Legend of Zelda Oot & Resident Evil 4 beg to differ
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
beg to differ with what?
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
No game is a 10, unless the scale goes up to 11.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
'Last couple of years' - Names OOT and Resident Evil 4 as rebutles.....
He said "No game is" Tbh there is no universal "Perfect Game" since everyone's definition of one is different. I'm sure if you ask Shep he will say FF7 is a perfect game
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Ah thought you were going after his ''best game i've played in last couplpe of years' rather than the '10/10' thing :P FF7 isn't even the best FF :P
To some it is, I couldn't tell you the best FF in my eyes since I haven't even played half of the series but if I had to give it a go I would say 3 (Or 4, can't remember) and 12
The best game I have played in the last few years is ......... Remember Me ........... Lol. Na it is Dragon's Dogma and Journey
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
FFX-2 was the best one ;-)
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
My favourite FF is 6(Or 3, depending on where you are lol). Just the diversity of the characters and the storyline was fantastic.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
My favourite game of the last few years was ME2 when it came on PS3. Other than that, Last of Us has to be it.
I thought that said FFXIII-2 at first Lol
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
No game is perfect. The pursuit of perfection should be never ending, and once a game is perfect, why would any of us play any other games that are, by definition, inferior? You tell me a game/film/tvshow/book is "perfect" and not only will i not believe you, I will never take anything you say seriously again.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
my favorite game was viva pinata
Remember Me is Perfect just ask Shep, I know he enjoyed it
You could say the same to people that only play a game if it scores a 9/10 Brooker.
Or an 8/10 or a 7/10, Some of my favorite games have scored a 5 and a 6
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Leonardo Di Caprio is perfect.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
viva pinata was mine
Really? I call BS. M Night Shyamalan is perfect
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Then there was a twist and it turned out M.Night wasn't so perfect.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
Fight Club is perfect.
The first rule about Fight Club Johno?
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
what has someone's preference of opnly playing 9/10 scoring games have to do with a game scoring 10/10? i understand if someone only want's to play high scoring games, while they are denying themselves some excellent games, that is their decision. But there is no game that is deserving of the label "perfect"
As I said, there is no universal Perfect Game but there are individual Perfect games
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I wouldn't have said that perfection is a subjective term.
I would
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
Only talk about Fight Club to your close friends and relatives?
& we are?~~~~~~~
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Then I guess you and me are just gonna have to disagree my friend. I am yet to find a perfect game. And I've looked. A lot!
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
I am your father
You obviously haven't played Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Wasn't a fan. Personally thought it was one of the weaker titles on the game cube.
Really The Thousand Year Door is the best Pare Mario Title, next thing you will say is that you didn't like Star Fox Adventure
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Nope, I loved Star Fox adventures. And I preferred Paper Mario 64
Btw Star Fox Adventures was meant to be a new IP called Dinosaur Planet but stuff happened
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Every day is a school day
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
So well deserved. Game is easily the best thing I've played in years. Absolutely gripping stuff. For a brand new IP to see such enormous success on every front possible practically out of nowhere gives actual hope for the future of the industry. "Wonder what Sonys biggest selling game on PS3 is. I would guess Uncharted 2 maybe God of War 3 or Littlebigplanet. Last of Us may overtake whatever is top." - Gran Turismo 5 is their biggest seller on PS3 so far at 10+ million sold to date. Last of Us probably won't pass that, but it could come close.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Man but fuck this site's inability to allow properly laid out posts :(
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Tell me about it. Just the ability to use the paragraph markup would be a godsend! Please SHOPTO! Bring in a phBB forum.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
Remember what happened the last time you realised you could use coding Brooker?
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
I wouldn't say it's a 10/10 game. Probably more of a 7 or a 8. There were too many problems with it and I felt the gameplay felt a little flat in comparison. Need to agree with Joe in that it's been really hyped up to the point that its overhyped. No doubt when the next GOTY arrives in GTAV everyone will have forgotten this one exists. Just like Bioshock Infinite For people saying there wasn't any other 10/10 games of recent years IIRC both Mario Galaxy games (both at the top of the metacritic/rankings list), Uncharted 2, GTAIV, Arkham City, Bioshock Infinite and Portal 2 have been all more well received.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
It's hardly surprising, there hasn't really been many great games out this year so far, all the good ones come out in the last quarter of the year.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
I felt there's been a few great games out thus far tbh. Tomb Raider and Bioshock both had great praise thrust upon them. And then there's the likes of Lego City, FIre Emblem, God of War, Animal Crossing, Persona 4: Arena, Devil May Cry, Crysis 3, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, Project X Zone, Castlevania 3DS, and Metal Gear Rising all been out in the past few months
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
For some reason I thought Tomb Raider was out end of last year, but yeah that's a great game, I've played a little of Bioshock but not that far into it at the moment, so many games to play, still not done Far Cry 3 yet either which I want to finish at some point.
Dark Arisen was a great piece of content
Ni No Kuni?
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
I always wanted to try Dragon's Dogma, wish they released it on PC.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Ni No Kuni is another one. Forgot about that one. Forgot Luigi's Mansion 2. Persona 4 was released early this year over here too so guess you could say that
I have no idea why Dragon's Dogma isn't on PC, I would love to see what the modding community could do with it. You forget about a game you reviewed ......... Seems legit
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
"Lego City, FIre Emblem, God of War, Animal Crossing, Persona 4: Arena, Devil May Cry, Crysis 3, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, Project X Zone, Castlevania 3DS" - Lego City and Castlevania 3D? Seriously? Mediocre reviews and dogshit sales don't speak of noteworthy titles by any measurement I'm afraid, so I don't see what such titles have to do with anything here. Also been struggling my way through Fire Emblem lately and tbh I'm finding it boring. Now there's a title that seems all hype to me. Good thing Project X Zone came out I guess. It's great. Shame it's likely to be ignored by everyone though :(