Wednesday Chat, July 17

It's getting hard to find things to talk about each day, since gaming news has all but dried up and the anticipation for news consoles makes the next six months feel like another 10 years.

We still have some things to look forward to before the new consoles get here though, games such as Saint's Row, GTA V, Beyond and no doubt PES 2014 and FIFA 14. We may eventually see some of these latest titles his PS4 and Xbox One too, so it's a question of do you wait for the newest version of the game or stick to your current console's version?

Lots of decision lie ahead. What will your choice be?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 17 Jul, 2013

Comments
troublemaker 3 years ago
Depends on the game and how it's been developed I suppose. A quick and Dirty port that doesn't fully utilise the newer console's hardware is a pointless purchase if you still own your older gen machine. Buy the cheaper, better optimised version and save next gen for next gen games. I am waiting to see what happens with games like Watch_Dogs, because although it's cross-generation, the Anvil Next engine is rubbish on this generation, if they haven't had time to work on it properly for XB1/PS4, then it's going to be a waste of time and money.
troublemaker 3 years ago
Having said that, a decent GTAV port to next gen could tempt me to purchase it when I finally get my PS4
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
Im just sticking to this gen for the time being as i believe alot of games will come out on both for some time. And i will pick up a new console laterer next year.
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I'm going next gen for most things I'd think. FIFA, Watch_Dogs etc. With Watch_Dogs, they said you get more people on screen and just better graphics overall, even if it doesn't mean a better gameplay experience. So all will be good.
troublemaker 3 years ago
THe state of the engine is my only concern with WD. Did you see AC3 running on current gen? It looks and runs like arse! for a brand new engine that's been in development for 2 years, I expected better. That, and I'm waiting a bit to pick up my PS4, I won't be able to wait to play Watch Dogs
troublemaker 3 years ago
Joe, Maybe your next competition should be to get us to chose the daily chat topic. Save you racking your brain.
JoeToots 3 years ago
Close to my deadpool plat.
JoeToots 3 years ago
Not exactly hard or overwhelmed.
troublemaker 3 years ago
Bullshit! I'm playing through on Hard and it's kicking my arse! There are some proper solid sections of that game!
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
I don't have any plats, don't really care but it would be nice.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
I wan't a vita but going to wait a couple of months :(
troublemaker 3 years ago
The last week or so, I have started to care very little. I can't compete with people that don't leave the house! I have to pay for my gaming somehow, I can't spend all my time chasing trophies anymore!
JoeToots 3 years ago
I've really gotten into trophys recently and TM the hardest points on hard where the gun men with the rifles they take you out so quickly!
JoeToots 3 years ago
The thing I like about trophys is it adds replay value to a game like uually I wouldn't off played uncharted through twice even though its a brilliant game but because there is a trophy for crushing I played it twice and appreciated it more.
troublemaker 3 years ago
Those fucking earthquakers were kicking my arse on hard. Absolutely nasty bastards!
JoeToots 3 years ago
Nothing a shotgun to the face can't help have you already finished it before?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I think it all depends what console the game has been made for whether it has been made for this gen and ported to next or made for next gen and downgraded to go on current. Online multiplayer games will be the interesting ones surely that should go to who has the most people online.
troublemaker 3 years ago
No. I started on hard mate. I went in with no upgrades. Unless a game's something special, I aint got time for two playthroughs. This way, if I decide to plat it, it's just chapter select.
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I only try and plat hte games I really like, like Infamous' and then Ratchet & Clank etc. But my mate brought to my attention the thing that Sony are doing in America. For all the gold trophys you have, you can bid with them for items such as a Clickers Costume, AC4 costume, Heilghast costume, Delsin costume etc. Which would be cool. But the Killzone one was already getting opening bids of 300 gold trophies, which pales in comparison to my current 14 on this account!
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Thats not a bad idea that would make plats and 1000/1000 worth going for but my two plats wouldnt get me much.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
I think everyone goes through a phase where the just want achievments/trophys.
JoeToots 3 years ago
I'm waiting for pyro to perk in with a comment :L
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
Yeah hes quiet these days, i think shep might have been laid off now and TM might be doing a runner any minute.
JoeToots 3 years ago
Pyro has not let me live it down on twitter that I played deadpool on easy first
JoeToots 3 years ago
My trophy card for anyone who's Intrested http://psnprofiles.com/JoeTootell
troublemaker 3 years ago
No one starts on easy! haha! I'm not doing a runner, I'm here forever.
troublemaker 3 years ago
No wonder you didn't have a hard time of it. An easy playthrough, then you went into your hard run fully upgraded! It's almost cheating! haha!
JoeToots 3 years ago
Easy you don't get almost as much dp points as hard I only had one thing half upgraded that's why I though it would be a drag
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
www.psnprofiles.com/DynamiteWhyte is mine, which doesn't look too pretty, but some of those 0% scores were games put in but never got round to actually playing. Pile of shame, I compell you lol.
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/07/16/killed-by-a-heart-condition-daily-mail-exploits-teens-death/ - A good article on the scaremongering of video games used by the local Media. Also, sports fans, my mate has transgressed from his popular music blog to having a sports website, which is just in its infancy. just football/nfl covered for now. sportformation.com. Be happy if yous could take a look :)
troublemaker 3 years ago
I saw that bidding thing last night DW, I was quite tempted until I read it's only for americans. Considered using my American account, but there'sonly like 20 golds on it, pointless!
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Aye TM. I would have loved one of the costumes, would have made halloween that much better to be able to go as a Clicker or as Delsin!
troublemaker 3 years ago
I definitely have stages where I love my trophies, and it's still a joy when I get my latest plat. But I'm finding that I'm wasting too much time chasing trophies and not enjoyingthe game. I'd rather have 10 games with 10% of the trophies done than one game with a plat that i had to grind and get pissy about getting.
troublemaker 3 years ago
I don't think I would have fitted into any of the costumes. would have scared the crap out of my neighbors when I set it up on my doorstep though
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
morning all, spending another 1 of my last days job hunting, might aswell get paid to do it! but I aint doing no work for these fuckers, no way! other than that finished the hilarious deadpool last night so that will be going back today hopefully get DW8 sent out
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
TM - I agree to be honest. I've spent quite a bit of time on these Infamous ones and I tend to get annoyed when I do spend so much time doing pointless stuff. I'm gonig to get the Infamous 2 one then just leave the first one for now, till I get my motivation back for it. Then just run trhough my pile starting with Tools of Destruction.
Meh, I'd make myself fit in to them :P haha
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
@Tootell - You're soft, playing on easy first is for amateurs... Brookers right you walked into hard mode mostly upgraded! no sense of achievement doing it that way around..
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
Loved both Infamous 1 & 2 that I platinum'ed both too! can't wait for Second Son
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
It's always nice to get plat trophies. I go chasing them now and again. But looking at Joe's profile, he's going for easy platinum trophies so he's getting them quick, for example he got Wonderbook in about 3-4 hours. So its quick and easy to get. Uncharted Drake's Fortune is another easy plat, so its not so much time consuming because they're easy plats to have. But I think most people who have plat trophies have a few easy plats. I'm not saying there's anything wrong, just trying to explain how Joe is getting plats so quickly because it was confusing me.
JoeToots 3 years ago
I am going for easy plats but there also plats I really enjoyed.. Problem?
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
The only ones on Infamous I need to get are the Blast Shards really. The rest just drop in to place with that. In Infamous 2 it is the 'get all powers' which will be done, 25 UGC missions and 30 virandas. So not much at all.
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I think having an 'easy plat' and an 'awful plat' are what sets a nice plat card apart. I'd rather have Uncharted 1 on my plat charter, and Infamous 2, as they are respectable games. I'd rather avoid having cloudy with a chance of meatballs and the like at all costs, no matter the plat on them.
JoeToots 3 years ago
My next one will probs be ratchet and clank 2 because its my second favorite game off all time after ratchet and clank one and that's an easy plat spear so do you have a problem with that? Do I have your permission to achieve it?
troublemaker 3 years ago
Just reading that RPS article, they hit it right on the head. the Mail and their anti-game, anti-movie bullshit infuriates me. I wanna burn down their offices everytime i read one of these uneducated and hateful reports!
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah I only plat games i really enjoy and dont take to much time to do. I hate games that have stupid trophies and achievements where it just becomes a grindfest. Like gears seriously achievements where you have to kill a ridiculous amount of people and people would grind the same level over and over again how is that fun?
troublemaker 3 years ago
Don't get so defensive Joe. We're just talking. You gotta admit, you kinda open yourself up for these kinds of conversations when you open a new PSN account specifically to get onto another website's leaderboard for platinum trophies :)
JoeToots 3 years ago
The thing is on my old profile I had megamind which is known as a notoriously easy plat but the thing is I enjoyed it! I also remember reading TM's comment once where he also said he enjoyed it
troublemaker 3 years ago
I loved megamind. I don't think I've taken any shit over it. I took shit over my sonic racing plat once I think, but that was because it looked hacked on PSN profiles or something similar!
JoeToots 3 years ago
I'm not getting defensive because to be honest I'm the sort of person who dosent give a damn about other people's opinion off myself I was just being sarcastic but obviously I didn't come about it very well.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
Whatever floats your boat lad, check out my Xbox profile though.. I kinda gave up my achievement whore phase but it was in full swing at one point with plenty of easy ones but a shit load of hard ones too... see if this works http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=340296&complete=1
Followed your mate's site DW. Seems decent for NFL stuff
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
I was only making an observation, didn't think you'd get so defensive about it. By all means play whatever game you want/like to play. Yes I agree with you there are games that are good games out there that people like that are easy plats too. For example I have both Infamous plats, I played them because I really liked them, but I wouldn't consider them a hard plat to get.
Cheers TM :)
JoeToots 3 years ago
Most plats arnt hard there just time consuming
troublemaker 3 years ago
Notice you wrote the TO article. That's something I wouldn't mind seeing. Give him all the penalties for crazy celebrations you like, I'd happily see him in pats blue/white
troublemaker 3 years ago
You want a challenge Joe, You need to plat KZ2. Do that elite playthrough and tell me it isn't hard!
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I think someone needs to make a website that pulls in both achievements and trophies as mine span both.
JoeToots 3 years ago
I thinking of trying max Payne that's meant to be hard
troublemaker 3 years ago
NYM on hardcore is difficult. And the MP is a shitty grind. Haha! You can keep my achievments. I had a 360 for 8 months, I have like 12 achievements
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
KZ2 on normal, in the mansion before the end is one of the hardest missions I've ever had to do!
JoeToots 3 years ago
Thinking of also joining a trophy hunting league that give me an excuse to plat easy games :P
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Yeah, say what you want about TO, but he's entertaining! He still has the speed, and the ability according to reports who saw him at the Seahawks last year. He'd provide a good learning space for the Pats youngsters like Dobson to get up to shape.
troublemaker 3 years ago
That fucker on Elite nearly killed me! I wanted to go and get my top1% trophy back, but after that, I couldn't be bothered! I will do one day, when the PS4 is out, and I can grind to the top1% with a couple of easy hours a day! I've bookmarked your FF article too, I'll be remembering them this year.
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I'm going to be doing a few NFL ones, as most of the writers are more football fans. I can't wait for FF season this year though! Love it.
troublemaker 3 years ago
I keep threatening to do it but never to. This year, with me purposely sitting up to watch as many games as possible, I'm gonna get right into it I think.
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Speaking of NFL. Madden has to be the hardest game to get trophies in. Ever. I have 12 on Madden 13, and I've got a 'c rank' on PSNProfiles. I remember playing 11 for ages and still didn't get a trophy on it.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
TM your status as a gaming man cannot be redeemed until I see that Spec Ops plat!
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
We do one on Sportformations sister sites forum. I won the league last year, but coldy got done in the playoffs after I lost Percy Harvin and Rob Gronkowski to injurys. :( It's just so much fun in terms of you could be the 2nd worst player that week, but still get a win due to your match up.
troublemaker 3 years ago
Haha! Just for you my friend, I will get it. It bugs me that I got stuck and never went back. Now I know what I need to do with my time!
troublemaker 3 years ago
Yeah, anyone that had Gronk on their FF team was crying real tears that day.
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Spec Ops an easy plat? lol. I always figured it'd be one of those hard to get ones.
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Yup, Gronk was my 2nd round pick and he basically guaranteed me a good 15-20 points on any other tight end not named Jimmy Graham every week. Then I had to go to Jermichael Finley after that, which basically says why I lost lol.
troublemaker 3 years ago
FUBAR difficulty was a bitch for me. I got about half way, maybe a little further, and got stuck, raged and played something else!
NOT FINLEY! Brilliant!
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
It was anything but. He was a top 5 TE in the draft man, how did he fall so far?! lol.
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 3 years ago
Depends on prices and release dates. If current gen and next gen versions are announced before the game releases for example AC4 and Watch Dogs, then I look at the price. If the price is the same or like £5 more then i'll get next gen version. I don't see the point in paying like £15 more just for a graphics boost when I have to keep my current consoles around anyway since there's no backward compatibility. However if a next gen version isn't announced until after the current gen version releases, i'll buy the current gen version and won't bother upgrading once the next gen one releases as I wouldn't be able to afford it.
troublemaker 3 years ago
Looks like PSN are announcing next month's PS+ games in an hour. Best get that Spec Ops plat before everyone else gets the game for free and does it!
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Haha. Can't wait :) What's everyone rarest trophy anyway? Think mines are just FIFA 13 plat, or FIFA 12 euro stuff. Nothnig exciting. Only owned by about 1% though.
troublemaker 3 years ago
Mine is probably somewhere between my KZ2 Elite difficulty trophy, finishing KZ2 without dying or my Warfighter Hardcore trophy (finish game on Tier 1, no hud and death/mission failure = restart whole game)
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
Worlds Finest Achievement on Injustice.... just over 1% of tracked gamers 189 people including myself out of 15,401 people
Nice!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
it's ranked 55th in the top 500 by trueachievement score
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
without...dying? What is this? Is the WFA the plat trophy on Injustice? If so, that's mental! I've got a good ranking on Injustices trophys, and I've not even got 1/3rd of them lol, shows you how rare they are.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
started my dead pool play through in ultra hard mode first and getting my ass kicked on the last two bosses , so frustrating when they kill you first time , half way through batman arkham to plat soon
troublemaker 3 years ago
Yeah, the KZ2 one was easier, it's counted between checkpoints and difficulty doesn't matter, it's not as hard as it sounds. MOH:Warfighter was dead hard. The game was hard anyways, but add into that the glitchy gameplay and dodgy AI and it was almost impossible.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
No I still ain't 1000gd it, It's the 3 stars on all Star lab missions
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Ahh! I tried working my way trhough that but some are just solid to get 3 stars on lol. So I only got my way through Batman and Supermans ones I think.
Part of me is wondering was it worth it to get the Dragon Age Ultimate Edition on Steam this morning. Game is 24gb, i'm dreading installing that
troublemaker 3 years ago
PSPlus stuff is up In summary Leaving PS Plus in July/August: 31st July: Battlefield 3 31st July: Catherine 31st July: Malicious 31st July: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 31st July: Unit 13 Entering PS Plus in July/August: 31st July: Need for Speed: Most Wanted 31st July: Mafia 2 31st July: Spec Ops: The Line 31st July: Lego Lord of the Rings 31st July: When Vikings Attack!
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
My rarest trophy is TLOU plat owned by 2.40%. Second rarest is Crysis 3 plat owned by 6.30%. Which surprised me, thought more people would have Crysis 3 plat
TM spec op the line
TM spec op the line
?????
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
Does anyone want a copy of Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 on PC?
Not really bothered about the PS44 and Xbone yet, maybe get one in a year or two, in the meantime don't often buy multiplatform games, when I do I'll buy it for the console I play the most. On the trophies/achievements thing, don't really care, I play games for fun, if I'm not having fun I'm not wasting my time for a few points that I don't care about, not like gamerscore can buy you anything.
troublemaker 3 years ago
Stupid shopto tweet sent me to facebook, where I couldn't see the trailer so, new SR4 trailer is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjnuAgEP4kU&list=PL66Y-U6XiSG2AdBTWfRjvhw8ItsMpOCJR&index=1
Artemisthemp's avatar