No Street Fighter for next gen

Yoshinori Ono, producer of Street Fighter IV has said that Capcom is not currently planning to release a Street Fighter title for next generation systems as staff are currently busy with Ultra Street Fighter IV.

As you'd expect, this means that Street Ultra IV will only be on current generation platforms i.e PS3/ Xbox 360 - there is no Wii U version planned.

We reported news of Street Fighter Ultra IV a few days ago, revealing that the new version is basically an upgrade which includes new characters, new stages and new modes. Street Fighter Ultra IV will release in 2014.

Edited On 17 Jul, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I'd like to know if the much delayed and infrequently talked about Tekken x Street Fighter will be next gen though. I need a good fighter or two for the new machine
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Youll have the one character killer instinct to tide you over :P
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Oh yeah, I forgot that! Cool beans, I'm happy!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
I'll not be happy without a fighter or two either, after the success of Injustice I have hopes for a continuation of the IP
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I'd like to see MK10 on the next gen, if NetherRealm make it of course!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
An injustice game with a good story again would be much welcome. As would another playstation all-stars really.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I've not played PSASBR yet. was waiting for a complete edition, but it's looking like it might not happen
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Aye, since the company got dropped. Hence why a sequel won't happen. It was a fun game, a lesser version of SSBB, but it was fun. Just when I got it they had broken the online lol so I stopped playing it and haven't got back to it. Will probably jump on to give online a shot.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I would imagine it hitting PS+ soon enough. I'm in no rush!
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
I don't believe anything they say anymore, i'm expecting multiple Street Fighter releases next gen..
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
I not buy another SF game until I have warnity for it been the final version.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
I guess porting to new consoles is more hassle than worth for them. Considering these are the guys who simply remake the same game and add a handful of characters it makes perfect sense
To be fair to them, it took Lab Zero Games $150,000 to add one DLC Character and when you take into account how much it costs ( http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/keep-skullgirls-growing ) £15 for five new characters and six new stages is not that unreasonable. Stages are throwaway but when you add new characters the game needs to be rebalanced