Sony confirms PS Plus content for August

Sony has confirmed the PlayStation Plus titles for August, bringing us Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Mafia II and Spec Ops for PS3, while Vita owners can grab Lego Lord of the Rings and When Vikings Attack!

There is still time to get hold of July's titles if you haven't done so already, so make sure you do.

What do you think of the latest update?

Edited On 17 Jul, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Decent month. Maybe I'll finally get around to finishing Mafia 2. Anyone played Lego LOTR? I've heard good things about other lego games, I don't know anything about this one!
UKVampire's avatar
UKVampire 3 years ago
It's another tough choice month between XBL and PSN On one hand you have Microsoft offering you a 4 year old title for free On the other hand you have Sony offering you Mafia 2 which was released in 2010, but with that they are also giving you Spec Ops The Line and NFS Most Wanted both released in 2012. No Contest
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Have played spec ops on the xbox but will most probably download and play it again on the PS3 will give most wanted a go as well.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
Everyone get NFS: Most Wanted for Operation: Beat The Brookerman
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
The difference is with the Xbox the game is yours but with the ps3 they are not. Though I do agree the quality of the ps3 offers are good. Will get Lego lord of the rings on the vita
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
How is it not mine? This whole "it's just a rental" thing really bugs me. I plan on keeping my subscription going, more so, it's going to be required for online play on the PS4. Those games are absolutely mine!
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Look at the quality of games. Why wouldn't you subscribe and keep the sub going?
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Delighted really. DMC would have made a better month but I already own it so yeah, happy :)
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
And I may not own my PS Plus games, but I've got a shedload of them sitting there available for me to play whenever I want just by having them available in my download que. I don't plan on quitting PS Plus anytime soon.
Mark 3 years ago
PS+>Xbox live I think "when Vikings attack" is a cross buy title so that should also be available on PS3. Also the person saying XBL games are free while PS+ arent, should look a bit more carefully. The 360 console needs to be online in order for the games to run as it checks the authentication. There is nothing to stop microsoft taking it away from people just as much as there isnt anything to stop sony changing their authentication to give PS owners their games for free. I wouldnt be at all surprised if a couple of years from now all the free PS+ games on PS3 suddenly become fully free whether you are still a PS+ subscriber or not.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I don't think the cross-buy set up applies to IGC games.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
I can't quite PS+ anytimes soon, I'm subbed up for another 5 years now. That's almost a full generation.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Im not saying the quality is not good they are really good offers that they give but it still does not change the fact that you dont own them Sure you may not want to stop your subscription but peoples circumstances change. Mark if you need to be online to play games you have downloaded on the xbox you may need to check your licenses to make sure they are assigned to the console and profile as i dont have an issue playing them offline granted i havent tried the free games offline but dont see why they would be different and from what i have read it isn't. How do the PS + games work offline as i have never tried can you still access them for a while or is that it?
A timer gets put on all PS+ games
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
PS+ games work offline just fine.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Thats good makes sense.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
Lego Lords of the Rings for Vita :)
UKVampire's avatar
UKVampire 3 years ago
It makes me laugh when i see comments like PS+ games aren't "yours" because they expire if you stop subscribing. I've had Xbox Live for 8 years spending £320 on subscription and they are giving me Assassins Creed 2 for keeps!!! Wow...how generous a £12.85 (shopto price) game thats 4 years old. Oh with Fable 3 (£9.85) and Defense Grid. 800 points. In the last 12 months with PSN - I have had well over £200 in games for free as long as I keep my £39.99 subscription a year. Compare that to the under £30 i've had for free in 8 years worth of Xbox Live subscription and I think you'll see what is the better deal. But if your happy you get to "keep" Assassins Creed 2 and Fable 3 for years from now then honestly good luck to you
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah at no point did i say it wasnt worth the money but they still are not yours. You could use the same argument that people used against the xbox ones silly daily confirmation thing they were going to do where people were arguing that in so many years when the severs go down you will lose access to all your games as you didnt really own them so therefore the same would apply to your PS+ games if that ever happened. Again im not saying it is not worth the money as it definately is i have never argued that.