Battlefield 4 plot detailed by Dice

Dice has revealed details of the Battlefield 4 single player campaign on a post over on the official Battlefield blog.

According to the post, "The world is on the brink of chaos, China is the tinderbox and you and your squad are the inadvertent spark that could ignite a global conflict."

Dice says that you'll play as Sergeant Daniel Recker, a member of an elite group of 'unlikely heroes' known as Tombstone squad.

While on a mission to collect intelligence from a defecting Russian General in Baku, Azerbaijan, your squad is discovered, meaning you'll have to fight your way out against some rather vicious Russian troops. Later you discover that the Chinese Admiral Chang is planning a coup in China, and if this happens, the Russians would back him up.

"With this intel secure, the USS Valkyrie sets a course for Shanghai. You and Tombstone squad are sent on a covert mission into the city to extract a group of VIP’s. China is in uproar after the U.S. has been implicated in the assassination of Jin Jié, the future leader and voice for peace in China," continues says the post.

"Admiral Chang has canceled elections and martial law has been declared. As U.S. and Russian naval forces position themselves off the coast of China, and the situation quickly escalates into a stare down akin to a tinderbox waiting for a spark.

"In Shanghai, protestors clash with police as the streets are filled with chaos and turmoil. Tombstone manages to find the VIP’s, among them a CIA field operative known as Laszlo W. Kovic. With him is a mysterious individual that the Chinese military has been franticly searching for. Together with Kovic you fight your way out of Shanghai and back to the Valkyrie as countless civilians flee the city, many of which are brought aboard the Valkyrie as refugees. With communications dead, the Valkyrie sets course for Singapore to rendezvous with the USS Titan and the 7th US carrier group at their last known position. As you reach Singapore you are shocked to find a horrific scene of fire and mayhem. The flagship is sunk and its fleet is eradicated, and from this point on nothing is certain."

What do you think of the plot?

You can pre-order Battlefield 4 today.

Edited On 19 Jul, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
As a long time battlefield fan, it pains me that i feel so very "meh" about this game. how very generic of you DICE
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
I feel bad for DICE, I'd like to see them put out a game of their own decisions and not corporate focus group decisions.
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 3 years ago
I'm not entirely sure why DICE even bother with singleplayer? All that time, money?, space, and effort could of been put in improving the multiplayer and fixing the inevitable glitches the game will ship with
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I'm gonna go ahead and say................ EA have forced it on them in an attempt to be more Call of Duty. Because as we know, Any game that isn't Call of Duty, isn't Call of Duty enough!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Just look at MAG. Non-single player shooters don't sell. The single player story modes still have a fairly big audience, and some people like to get that out of the way before they even attempt online.
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 3 years ago
How very generic of you DICE??, Im not sure what youre expecting with a battlefield game I suppose you maybe expecting Mario jumping and shouting lets go in it whilest fireing an AK47 or for a bit of fun and to completely stop all thats generic altogether with a Battlefield game you could maybe get your Rockband guitar out and play it useing that, I gotta be honest I dont care what the plot is I know im gonna like it and enjoy it because its been made by the guys at DICE and guess what I like and enjoy what they do and long may they continue doing it people have gotta lighten the fu(< up its a battlefield game its gonna be very grey and theres gonna be sh!t loads of guns and hours and hours of our lives playing this badboy online....lets be having ya ha ha!!
You know, I think we are getting to over saturation point with the modern military shooter, just like we were with WW2 before CoD4 and BF2 came along.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I tell you what I'm expecting. I'm expecting DICE to at least try and do something a little original. While it is not entirely their fault, they are being pushed to add a single player component, it is down to them to make it fun. The fact is, I cannot guarantee to enjoy it. After the buggy, poorly made, cookie cutter single player from battlefield 3, there is no way that I am any kind of excited about the single player yet again being tacked on to what should be an exclusively multiplayer experience. I don't think I need to lighten the fuck up at all. Battlefield is one of the most successful franchises in the history of gaming and it isn't for the rubbish single player campaign. Instead, I think people need to get their heads out of their arses and stop allowing themselves to be force fed tacked on shit because Electronic Arts deem it necessary to try and compete with Call of Duty.