Wednesday Chat, July 24

Given that we have just posted our preview for Killzone Mercenary, today's chat topic is dedicated to PS Vita.

What do you think of Sony's handheld? Do you think it's had enough support? Are you looking forward to titles such as Killzone Mercenary and Tearaway? What more do you think Sony could do to make the Vita stand out?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 24 Jul, 2013

Comments
troublemaker 3 years ago
I love it! It hasn't had nearly as much support as it should have had, and i'm just hoping that once the PS4 appears that the support, and install base, will go through the roof. Very much looking forward to Killzone and Tearaway though.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
I love my Vita, I miss the days of bringing it into work and beating TM at Wipeout when we had nothing to do.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
having only played little big planet vita im not really a fan :(
troublemaker 3 years ago
plenty of Ad-hoc games on PSPlus! Was always funny that you kept "forgetting" do download MK9 :)
Totally off topic, but Virgin Media now seems to think shopto is a fraudulent website and is giving me a warning page every time I go to a page on here. It's really annoying, and has made logging in overly difficult.
troublemaker 3 years ago
Their code is clearly dodgy. I've been seeing issues with it for months!
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Pretty much dead. 5 worthwhile titles, 3!of which are glorified ports. Nothing coming out on the console save for indie titles, ps3 ports and tearaway. Over expensive memory cards. Not a fan of it at all.
leders's avatar
leders 3 years ago
Its a great piece of kit, has some good games, but needs some great games. Call of Duty could have been better, the same with resistance. Mercs looks like it could be amazing, tear away looks fun, but it needs more.
troublemaker 3 years ago
I would suggest that so far LBP Vita is one of the greatest Vita games around. It really does feel at home on the vita. Great bit of kit, and a surprisingly great way to trip across some amazing indies. I wouldn't have touched Thomas was Alone if it wasn't for my vita
troublemaker 3 years ago
Also, when do we get to stop saying "glorified ports" and instead say "was also built for"? Plenty of multiplatform stuff is hitting vita, and are as good as the console ones. I've spent more time on Madden 13 on Vita than i have on PS3
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Once I play a few more titles it will proberbly grow on me.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Also I find it is better to use in conjunction with the ps3 because now I send all my messages view my trophys etc all on vita
troublemaker 3 years ago
Pretty sure that's how PS4 will be using it. Ahead of the times mate. Although nothing will beat plugging a keyboard into the PS3 for sending messages!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Hopefully remote play will actually work.
Remote Play does work, hackers got it working for every game
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Yes but I don't fancy hacking.
troublemaker 3 years ago
it works for a few games, and the games it works on, it's alright. With PS4 I'm pretty sure remote functionality will be semi-mandatory for all games. so it could be an actual usable thing!
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
Coward
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
Iam saving for a vita but worried about lack of games. Everyone keeps saying great piece of kit but that means nothing to me if there are not enough games, and i am a bit worried that when the ps4 comes out it will just be a wii u controller.
Hacking makes everything better (Or Soft-Modding/Modding if you are so inclined)
Except your warranty :)
troublemaker 3 years ago
Yoda, Granted, some on this list you'll need to import, or get a second memory card/account for, but currently the Vita list of games including ports/collections/etc is around 200. So not that bad a list. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games
troublemaker 3 years ago
includes a few upcoming as well. but still, not as shite a list as some think
That's what Soft-Modding is for. Warranty stays intact
troublemaker 3 years ago
True. But while it's been a while since I've been near a mod site, I didn't think softmodding the PS3 allowed PSN access anymore. What would be the point?
The only benefit to Soft-Modding the PS3 would be to play games without the disk but it's not worth it when you think of the disadvantages, no i'm mainly talking about doing it to WII,PSP & PSV
troublemaker 3 years ago
I would consider doing my PS2 or PSP, but my current kit, I want t leave vanilla!
You get the most benefits to Soft-Modding a Wii, the only benefit to doing it to a PSP is to play your PS1 games on the PSP (& to Pirate of course but no one ever does that)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Today is a historic day it's the first time I have ordered something off shopto and it not arriving day after
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
I love my vita had it nearly 2 years now & it was worth every penny. My favourite game is still Project DIVA f witch i cant get enough of. But there's an a lot of great games coming to the vita very soon & are an a lot good ones out now depending what your into. There's not an lack of games cos the vita region free so you can import most games earlier & get proper fun japanese games that will most likely never see the light of day in the west. But bottom line yes the vita fantastic & would recommend to an friend that's for sure!
But as I have already said to you before,some people don't want to import
Think this will interest you Akemi http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/blazblue-chronophantasma-limited-edition-and-game-mode-details/
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
I know nox but im just saying i aint telling them to. Im just giving people advice, if they don't import its fine but they will miss out on a lot of japan only games that's all.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
If Japanese games where In English I'd happily import
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Nox you know i love blazblue. I have too many pre orders :0 but i knew blazblue cp would be an instant pre order & im so getting the limited edition unless there's an better fan edition again.
troublemaker 3 years ago
Joe, do you also avoid films with subtitles? Serious question. Not judging or taking the piss, I'm genuinely curious.
Talking Vita, has anyone payed SFxTekken on it? Thinking I might pick it up
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
At joe tootell you can hack your vita so Japanese text is English but i would not recommend it. Its fine for me cos im learning Japanese so i get on fine 97% of the time.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Tm i have its okay if your hands aint too big & you can do the spins right on the vita sticks like me. Other than that yeah its pretty decent at the current price.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
No but I don't fancy playing a game where I don't know what's going on and also if there is a option for English I'd be originally In Japanese so I wouldn't be able to navigate the menus.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Nox thanks for the link but i tho all that already. I want cp so bad i am fighting the urge not to import it but hopefully we will get an release date for xmas or the start of 2014 soon.
troublemaker 3 years ago
Cheers. Yeah, I have big ol' gorilla paws, so might not be worth it.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Joe most asia version games come with the booklet in English you know & sometimes the menus on the game its self can be set to English but this varies to be fair.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Tm you could always rent it first & see how you get on maybe you will be fine you never tho till you try.
troublemaker 3 years ago
You know, I forgot my rental place does Vita1 haha! Might do that.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Well im off to get some food & then continue my tomb raider reboot story on ps3 later all. Hope i have been helpful in anyway haha.
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 3 years ago
Not a Vita owner (not enough 'must have' games to tempt me) but the benefits from PS Plus are making me seriously consider it! Also there seem to be a lot of games that are better suited to a handheld than my PC/PS3 (i.e. Hotline Miami).
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
It is pretty good but so far just doesn't have the games I overly enjoy for it. Still prefer my 3ds
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I like my turn based strategy games and RPGs on handhelds, i know PSP had loads so i am hoping that the vita will follow track as well. Though i will say the Assassins creed game was pretty good though i gave up after i got to a stupid puzzle that you had to tilt the vita for and it really put me off as i like to 100% sync the missions and it was a timed one and i couldnt get the tilting thing to work properly.
Hotline Miami isn't that bad using a keyboard and mouse, just takes a while to get used to
Btw I would recommend everyone who has access to it pick up *Audiosurf* in the future. It's a gem of a game
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Couldn't get on here at work due to ShopTo being seen as fraudulent by my works internet. :(
I'be had that all day at home, it's a pain.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Indeed. Can't even get on the main site, never mind the news part.
Took me most the day to work out I could turn it off :(