Xbox One first party games to retail for £49.99

First-party Xbox One titles will retail for £49.99 according to a listing on the official Microsoft Store.

Generally Xbox 360 games carry the same RRP, with retailers then pricing lower in order to be competitive and today it's emerged [via] that Dead Rising 3, Forza Motorsport 5, Kinect Sports Rivals and Ryse: Son of Rome will all carry the same price, on the Microsoft Store at least.

ShopTo is already way below this RRP, with Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and other first part titles selling for £44.86.

Edited On 24 Jul, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
So RRP is staying the same. My guess would be that the bulk price will increase to cover this and we will be seeing games ACTUALLY sold at £40-45 and ont the £35-40 average that we are seeing with this gen. Also, your address for this story is wrong. it's showing http://www.shopto.net/news/43527/New-FIFA-14-trailer-arrives
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 3 years ago
Yeah I know, I can't fix the address, I started a story and changed my mind and wrote this instead haha. Nevermind :p
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
No worries. Thought best to let you know!
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 3 years ago
Ta, :D
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Who would pay £50? For an standard & not limited edition game? I know i would not. But shopto remains on top for pricing as always keep it up guys & girls!
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
£50 is also the RRP for current gen games. RRP is not necessarily how much you will pay. But expect the price to creep up as time goes on. Also expect CoD to still have a £55 RRP
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
True tm & i agree with you about cod would not surprise me if they start doing an stranded copy of cod next gen for £65 or more such an bad franchise.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
But people keep buying it. As long as it breaks sales records every year, Acti can inflate the price!
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
You mean parents keep buying it for there kids like for little jimmy who's only 13 but wants it so he's not the cool kid in in school haha joke. I know tm but acti don't have an original thought in there head & never will. Plus acti never get me to buy an fad cod game & i never will buy one.
PETER 3 years ago
well the games can have any RRP they like but, I won't pay anymore than £35-40 for any game so the first company to price like that will get plenty of preorders from me.
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 3 years ago
All this article does is make me aware that I'll be buying fewer games day 1. Never in a million years would I pay more than £40 for a standard edition of a game. so happy that the PS4 will have a good few F2P games such as Planetside 2
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
I thought they said it would be £40 still? With Lovefilm losing the game rentals, this means another reason not to get a next gen console. At £50 makes wanting to rent games more a necessity. Lovefilm closing down game rentals seems fishy to me. We all moaned about the DRM policies, Microsoft changed their mind, and then Lovefilm still shuts their game service down. It makes me think that MS had something to do with it still. With Lovefilm now removing game rentals, makes MS reversing the DRM policies "almost" pointless. So now the reverse in policy is pointless it gives MS more reason to bring back the DRM policies. The only other places to rent games are Blockbuster and Boomerang - Blockbuster are useless they do not stock a lot of games, and Boomerang look similar service to Swap Game which were not good at renting out the latest releases. Lovefilm is and was the best game rental service around. After 8th Aug I am cancelling the Lovefilm service and going to Blockbuster for my TV and film and partial game service.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
In fact, the statement said that first party titles would not be seeing an increase in RRP. RRP is currently £49.99
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Also, I've had a boomerang account for 18 months, and never had reason to complain. Same as lovefilm, if you know how to work their system, you get day 1 releases, on day 1
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
I hope Lovefilm change their mind, as I rent out DVDs too, but I am not keeping to Lovefilm out of principle - it makes no sense. They could at least drop past gen games. I have even contacted Lovefilm loads with suggestions and feedback, but they have not responded at all, when in the past they responded each and every time within a few hours. Their service is going downhill now. Blockbuster is the only choice for me, unless I want to sub to Boomerang as well. I subbed to the 1 game per month package with Swap Game beforehand, as most game usually take me a month to play. Subbing to Lovefilm (or Blockbuster) usually meant renting one game at a time and then renting 2 DVDs, plus can get an extra rental with Top Ticket if I have all out. If I go to Boomerang then I am not paying for the full unlimited package.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
There are not many game rental services out there, but yet there are plenty TV and film services now, and no doubt more to come. Even Sainsburys Entertainment has just opened up a service now too. http://ukgamesrental.com/ - Lovefilm is the top pick, Boomerang last, and Tesco was Lovefilm too but that no longer exists. Maybe rental sales have bee dropping the past few years, but they would pick up again with the next gen.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
It's all about costs. Movie streaming is cheap once you've paid for the licensing. But game rentals are expensive. my guess would be lots of "lost" discs, and a stupidly high initial outlay for games stock that isn't even close to being covered by the people paying their 9.99 a month for unlimited rentals. It's personal preference. Boomerang is great for me, lovefilm was awful, swapgame(I used it when it was partnered with GAME) was terrible. There are options, but it depends on what you want. if you look at the costs, you can see why lovefilm was clearly losing money on the game rental side of things.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
That is why I suggested about dropping past gen titles. Lovefilm are currently doing them all. I have some PS2 games out at the moment from them. Is the 3 disc package at Boomerang really £18.99. I can not see the 3 or 4 disc packages until I have a live account. It will be better to get 3 disc package with Blockbuster and the £3.99 package with Boomerang. 3 DVDs and games and top tickets plus a game at Boomerang that Blockbuster do not do. When Lovefilm ends their service I will end up having to pay more. Lovefilm could have increased the package. Plenty of options than / before getting rid of game rentals all together. If Lovefilm boosted their unlimted games rentals to £20 I still would have stayed with Lovefilm, as it still would have been more worth it than mixing it up. With lovefilm, I had film streaming / disc rentals / game disc rentals. I am not too fussed about streaming as I like to have the option of subtitles and that is not usually an option, but it is with discs. Blockbuster is the best for me, and it has VIP gamer scheme, but still not as good as what Lovefilm was. Lovefilm will probably end up closing down altogether now. They are nothing special any more, the games rentals made them worth subscribing to, without it there are many other better TV and film services out there now.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I run 2 disc unlimited lovefilm, £10, for blu-rays and 2 disc priority service with Boomerange, £15 (when would I ever need more than 2 games) and it works out fine for me. I would also suggest that my theory of costs will be made worse by sticking to current gen, bulk buy costs I guess will increase and more people will mysteriously lose discs. it's clear cost cutting on Amazon's part. And from a business point of view I understand it (i don't like or condone it) Lovefilm aint closing anytime soon. If that much of their income was generated by games rentals, they wouldn't have stopped. And there is a large portion of the population (myself included) that have little use for streaming services like netflix due to pants internet.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
COD ghosts is £59.99 on Game. I am tempted by it but i couldn't get into MW3 whereas i enjoyed black ops 2.
Then only get Treyarch COD games. Btw if you want to play a game where fish move out of the way when you swim near them go play Super Mario 64
Meh, I'll stick with my £30ish Wii U games I think.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
Lovefilm + Boomerang for £25 is a lot, and uneconomical, when Lovefilm could give it to you for just £15, 1 disc less, but £10 for an extra disc does not seem worth it. I have been subscribing to Lovefilm since 2005, but mostly for DVDs than games. I have only been renting games the past few months because I found Blockbuster and Swap Game (now Boomerang - their services are so alike they have to be the same company rebranded) to be lacking. It was 3 months for the price of 1, but I have been pleased with what I was getting, and was planning on staying on the 3 disc unlimited with games package. Now they lose me as customer forever, when 99% of the time I was just renting DVDs. I bounce back between BB and Lovefilm, as sometimes BB has stock of stuff when Lovefilm does not and vice versa. I prefer BB list system, the High/Medium/Low is annoying. When they gave me the 3 months for 1, they charged me twice, and generally are annoying. They are good at turn around though, Blockbuster has an increase of a day quite frequently. Over the last 3 months I have not had any lost / delayed discs with Lovefilm. After 8th Aug, BB will be the one and only rental service of choice without cessation of service, but I may give Boomerang a try
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Yeah, for YOU £25 might me uneconomical. But for me, considering film is my biggest passion, spending to get a constant supply of blu-ray is absolutely worth it. Then 2 disc priority service from boomerang means that I get the games I want EVERYTIME. That, to me, is worth the extra cost. Swap game is nothing to do with Boomerang. I left swap game to go to boomerang and have used boomerangs on and off for almost 3 years, with a constant subscription for the last 18 months. Have never found them to be lacking for new release games. I care very little about old games that I can buy for £5, I care more about saving on the barrage of games that come out during the autumn and winter every year and would cost a months wages to buy them all.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Also, you tell me that love film can do it all for £15, and your still wondering why they are clearly losing money on the games side of their rentals? Film and TV is quite clearly their bread and butter, whether physical or streaming and nothing you or me say is going to make amazon change their mind if they are losing money on game rentals.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Lastly, if you're cancelling your membership when you were renting DVD "99% of the time" I'd say that you're cutting off your nose to spite your face.