PS4 Slim Console Black 500GB

ShopTo introduce Top Up Cards

Are you looking to save up for a console? Or a game coming out later on in the year?

Well, ShopTo is pleased to announce our new top up cards! Purchasing a top up card adds credit to your ShopTo account balance to spend on the website.

Your available credit will show under 'Account' at the top right hand side of the website. You will be able to monitor how much credit you have at any point to plan your next order with us. All available credit on your account will be automatically used against your next purchase through our website.

Just think if you want to start saving towards that new PS4 or Xbox One console for launch later this year you could take advantage of our new Top Up cards and start buying them now as that's the same as putting money away but at least you know it's safe in your Shopto account. When we dispatch your new machine at launch we will automatically deduct what you have saved leaving you with only the balance to pay.

Even better you can put as much or as little away as you want each month and you can be flexible depending on what you can afford as we have top ups for as little as £10 and up to £100 and you can buy multiples to suit your budget.

Best of all we will be offering our new finance option on the next generation consoles around one month before launch (PS4 and Xbox One both scheduled for November 2013 tbc). That means that if you start using the top up cards now and putting some money away in your Shopto account then when we start to offer the finance options you will only need to finance what's left after deducting the credit you have built up.

Top up cards don't charge interest so why not start saving today and dreaming of that new console in only a few months time...

Edited On 25 Jul, 2013

BizarreJelly's avatar
BizarreJelly 3 years ago
"All available credit on your account will be automatically used against your next purchase through our website." So if you want to buy something from the website it uses the credit you have? Kinda defeats the purpose of saving if it automatically gets used if you want to buy something.
Then save put shoving money under your bed, at least Shopto are giving us more options
Bruticus's avatar
Bruticus 3 years ago
I agree with BizarreJelly here. You need to have a tick box or something similar to the 'use available points' for pre-orders....
I tranceforma I's avatar
I tranceforma I 3 years ago
Yeah I was expecting this to be applicable to pre orders - i.e. Reduce the balance on the items you want to save towards; e.g 'Top up £100' towards Xbox One - Remainder balance £328.99 etc Not just add money to your account so all the games due before chip away at it lol. I think you need to develop this idea further.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Got excited there since I thought it was the nintendo ones to join the PS3 + 360 ones
w1ll p0wer's avatar
w1ll p0wer 3 years ago
Um................this seems a Can't really see the benefit.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Jeez! There's no pleasing some people is there? I love this idea, I've been doing something similar for a while. I would preorder stuff, pay for it, then cancell the orders so the money was there if I fancied buying something. This is a great idea. Nice one shopto, cheers.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Its not a bad idea but i would rather keep the money in my savings account incase i need it for non gaming related emergencies. Though i will be doing it nearer the time for the one and PS4 as i will be putting them on my credit card and paying them off so i get my reward points on it and i know how fussy the bank can sometimes be with expensive orders and making sure its not fraud don't want that to happen when im waiting for my shiny new consoles. Also good for people that have a certain budget on games that way they can keep track of what they have to still spend.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Some ungrateful sods on this site... great idea guys keep up the good work with the brilliant service.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
Nice idea, can we get some sort of vouchers next so I can buy for friends and family?
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
E-mailable vouchers are already available.
wolverine66666's avatar
wolverine66666 3 years ago
I like it, makes saving so easy. gonna buy my ps4 and xb1 this way. Then i will put aside £20 a month so that when the good games come out i don't have to worry about paying for them. If they added a good preowned section like cex then i think this website would be perfect.
Pre-owned is a bane of the gaming industry and I hope Shopto stay well away from it
"Ebay" Nuff said
Just to make it a bit clearer I'm talking about major retailers focusing more on Used than New
joseph 3 years ago
Its a brilliant idea to save for an xbox one or ps4 i mean i am not rolling in the money and cant just ask my mum like i could when i was 10 so this system works for me i mean the only way to get around not spending your balance that you have been saving for a console is to contact them and ask them that you wish to pay with other orders in a different way like debit card etc i am useless at saving money so this idea is great knowing once i buy a top up card i cant just take my balance and go out clubbing lol great idea shopto