Wednesday Chat, July 31

The sooner the new releases and therefore the third party of the year roll around, the sooner we'll actually have something to talk about other than the weather. It's so quiet that there is almost nothing worthwhile writing about, no matter how much we scour the internet.

On the bright side you aren't spending money on games, which probably means you are saving for the new consoles instead. But what happens when the new games start to role around, do you sacrifice just a little of your next gen money or are you totally committed being on board day one?

Is it worth being a Day One owner? Generally it's more expensive and lacking in the catalogue department, even if there is something special about unboxing those shiny new consoles on the day they release. What do you think?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 31 Jul, 2013

Comments
Daisuki_Tsukasa's avatar
Daisuki_Tsukasa 3 years ago
I'm not really thinking about going for the new consoles until the release date of Kingdom Hearts 3 is confirmed. I bought a Playstation 3 a couple of weeks ago just for the release of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD. I'm hoping that the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 still have some more good games coming out before the new consoles.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
This crossover is gonna be quite different I think as there are still a lot of really big games to come out on the current gen just before and just after the launch of the next gen.
I'm sure the PS3 will still have games being released for it as the PS2 before it still had support after the PS3 was released. It's the X360 i'm worried about
Still not bothered about next gen, I have the money to buy both consoles at launch now if I wanted to, but nothing for them is really grabbing me yet.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah Microsoft dropped the original xbox like a stone when the 360 came out I would guess the same this time round mainly due to Microsoft not having many first party studios left
The only thing I will be buy for my X360 after the after the new consoles are release is Fable Anniversary and Dark Souls 2 (Though if the servers are region locked i'll only be getting a US copy for my PS3)
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
some new games are starting to eat in to my ps4 fund , saints row 4 maybe xcom and beyond two souls still some great ps3 games to come yet gonna be hard to resist them
Seriously considering picking up a PS3 at the moment rather than ordering anything next gen.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
some cracking games available and coming soon gloria why not if you can afford it
What games do you want to play Gloria? Personally I would recommend building a PC for yourself, Steam is a great platform
I don't know, wouldn't mind trying Last of Us, maybe Uncharted, I know there's a fair few good games, not really bothered about a lot of the PS exclusives like God of War and Killzone though, and have played most multiplatform games that interest me, have to think about it for a while, got more games than I have time to play as it is, probably a bit silly buying another console, maybe I'll just upgrade my 3DS to an XL instead.
Xl is worth it but I would say you are best waiting till a branded XL that you want is out. Also get a PS3 around the next price drop, i'm guessing around February-March
Yep, maybe wait for the Pokemon XLs, seem to remember them looking quite nice.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
I think you would like Ratchet and Clank.
She would love Ratchet, Sly and Jak
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Apparently the pokemon XL ones are exclusive to the pokemon store in japan.
So was my Pika3dsXL
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
Microsoft only dropped the original Xbox like a stone because the Xbox 360 took off in leaps and bounds, making the original Xbox totally redundant. I don't think they will do the same with the Xbox 360 when Xbox ONE launches because 1) I do not think people are too interested in next gen as much as the past 2) The Xbox ONE will probably get off to a slower start with the higher price and the Kinect 3) Microsoft have stated that they will continue to support the Xbox 360 4) Other devs are still supporting the Xbox and some still are hesitant about developing for next gen 5) Xbox 360 has been a long run and has accumulated a tonne of DLC and purchaseable content from LIVE whereas the original Xbox was all mostly free DLC and did not have a lot of it. . . The latter reason and the thought of them shutting down the Xbox 360 services is why I am not bothering with next gen yet anyway - I do not want to get stuck into next gen and then before I know it Xbox 360 and PS3 services are shut down, and have missed out on some DLC or games that I missed. Until I have gotten all I can out of current gen, then I am not moving to next gen. Then when the time is right I will have a better view of what games to get, and there should be loads of games in the bargain bin. BTW none of the links work in the list of last ten news articles on the home page eg this page url is http://www.shopto.net/43577/Wednesday-Chat-July-31 when it should be http://www.shopto.net/news/43577/Wednesday-Chat-July-31 The "news" is missing in the link. None of the links work not just this one, and get the "Ooops, the Pacman has eaten this page!"
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Microsoft abandoned the original Xbox long before 360 ever came out. I can remember because the year before 360 launched the only noteworthy games released were re-releases of Ninja Gaiden and Fable. Same thing is happening with 360, last first party title released was Halo 4, and it looks like it'll be the last one on 360, meaning the 360's final year will have passed without a single first party game from MGS being released... oh, besides another re-release of Fable 1... deja vu. Doesn't inspire confidence in first party longevity on Xbone either tbh.
It wasn't just a re-release Kevin it was an expansion pack for Fable. Anyhoo I found a kinda stupid listing on Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wii-Tales-Of-Symphonia-/171090828287
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Going to have to assume he messed up and wasn't paying attention when he took the photo.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Nox, it was basically just a port of the PC version of Fable, which added the new content previously.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
Gears Judgement, released this year, and is 360 exclusive. I find it funny the difference in quality of Sony and Microsoft's 'last hu-rah' exclusives 360 got gears judgement while PS3 got The Last Of Us, quite a bit of difference if you ask me.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
I agree, Last of Us was considerably better and it's merely one of many PS3 titles from Sony hitting this year, but Gears Judgement was still a lot better than it got credit for I felt... however Gears of War is a third party produced series, I was talking about first party support from Microsoft themselves which has been all but non-existent on 360 this year.