Batman: Arkham Origins multiplayer detailed

Batman: Arkham Origins mutliplayer will be developed by Brink developer Splash Damage.

The online component blends the traditional Arkham gameplay with third-person shooter mechanics offering players the chance to hunt as Batman or Robin against friends and other gamers online.

Players can also take on the role of The Joker or Bane as they establish their legacy by taking down Batman and Robin, and anyone else who gets in their way.

Developed by WB Games Montreal, Batman: Arkham Origins features an expanded Gotham City and introduces an original prequel storyline set several years before the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. Taking place before the rise of Gotham City’s most dangerous criminals, the game follows a young and unrefined Batman as he faces a defining moment in his early career as a crime fighter that sets his path to becoming the Dark Knight.

You can pre-order Arkham Origins and check out a video below.

Edited On 31 Jul, 2013

Comments
I'm not ashamed that I burst out laughing when I read Splash Damage where doing it
Craig 3 years ago
Third person shooter mechanics? No thank you.
guessing they got their words mixed up when they said "Third person shooter mechanics". I doubt it will be a TPS but if it is I can tell you right now that no one will be playing it after a while
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Dont even know what to think of this game to be honest just not looking forward to it at all.
They are wanting it to be the next AC
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Seems another game just randomly trying to smash a multiplayer mode into it
But it did work for AC. AC multiplayer is fun when people actually play it properly
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Unfortunately in my experience no ones seems to play it properly. I enjoyed the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Not unexpected, as multiplayer is where the real money is to be made on big budget releases these days, and Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed surprised with some decent multiplayer so I'll give this a shot when I get the game. Very interesting to note also that the multiplayer is NOT going to be included with the Wii U version of Origins. That's pretty crazy.
Not getting a crappy tacked on multiplayer is a bad thing?
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
Nothing wrong with them trying something different, Brink was bad because of Bethesda not Splash Damage, only Tomb Raider has completely bombed MP wise, and more MP games that are not the usual run and gun cod clone are aces to me.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Dead Space 2 had terrible multiplayer as well. The concept for Brink was good but the fact that the multiplayer wasnt really working properly in a multiplayer designed game for release date didnt do it any favours.
I have never liked any Splash Damage games
Really hated Quake Wars , and I love Quake.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Getting significantly less on-disc content when you're paying the same as for all the other versions is very much a bad thing, yes.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
The dead space 2 thing is kind of a weird one, I myself have never played it so I can't really comment on it but I do know of quite a few people who say it was fun but unbalanced and with a few tweaks it would have been great, that's the main problem here not the fact that MP is in it but it will be largely untested and if it's unbalanced people will go ape shit and want it canning from the next game rather than improve on it, I hope there is a beta.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Dead Space 2 multiplayer was great I think, and Brink was good, just laggy as hell and un-playable 70% of the time. Also am I the only one who thinks Tomb Raider MP is good? I enjoyed it, though haven't played it in a while, not many people play it on Steam. This does look good to me, but Splash Damage being involved does worry me.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
See thats what put me off Brink because you could very rarely get a good game and for something thats based on online multiplayer that should have been fixed for launch or at least sorted within a couple of days. Dead Space 2 must just not have been my cup of tea personally i feel as though the necromorphs should have been a bit stronger attack wise and weaker health wise suppose a bit more like spies vs mercs in the older splinter cells where you have to use the darkness and surprise. Tomb Raider i tried to enjoy as i wanted my 1000 gamerscore just couldnt though feel like it tried to be like uncharted mp but not quite good enough.
'Significantly less on-disc content' is immaterial if the missing content isn't worth playing kevin. It's like if I prepared two packed lunches both identical, one for you, and one for me, and then I added a dog turd in to yours, would you be crowing to me about having more in your lunchbox the same way you are about this undoubtedly crappy multiplayer mode that no one will be playing within days of the games release?
What am I saying, course you would, and happily gobble it up too.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
On the plus side Bane does not sound like Dr Dugong in this.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
I think you're missing the point Gloria, regardless of the quality of the multiplayer mode it still represents a major part of the game package... a major part which is not present in the Wii U version, and yet the Wii U version costs the same as the other versions. If I was a Wii U owner I would be insulted by that and wouldn't go near the game on principle alone. Thankfully though, I am not a Wii U owner, but the point still stands. Btw, I would not have lunch with someone as rude as you under any circumstances.
No it doesn't, you are just looking for any reason, no matter how pathetic, to attack the Wii U, and everyone knows it. If anything Wii U owners will be happy they won''t be getting a crappy tacked on multiplayer, and if their version was cheaper there would be an outcry by the rest moaning about how they were forced to pay extra for it when they don't want it and won't play it. Besides, most Wii U owners won't care enough about a game like this, they'll be too busy playing something better. And don't worry, I wouldn't want to have lunch with a closed minded douchebag like you either kevin, it was just a metaphor for how you will lap up any old turd.
And I'm not rude, I'm forthright. ;)
Just found an invite for the Batman AO beta in my inbox, guess I'm going to find out just how bad a job Splash Damage have made of it.
Why did you get an invite
I have no idea, must have registered a game with WB or something.