Splinter Cell: Blacklist won't support offline co-op on Wii U

The Wii U version of Splinter Cell: Blacklist will not support offline co-op, although it will support multiplayer.

"In order to ship at the same time as the other consoles, we unfortunately weren't able to delve into this feature," Splinter Cell: Blacklist producer Liu Jun told Nintendo Life. "But we think Nintendo gamers will be really excited to get the game at the same time as other consoles."

On the plus side Wii U owners will be able the use the GamePad's microphone for online co-op and multiplayer chat.

What do you think of this news? Is Wii U getting a raw deal?

Edited On 05 Aug, 2013

Comments
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
The Wii U seems to get shafted on most 3rd party games these days didnt the new batman game say there would be no online multiplayer on the Wii U
Meh, not bothered, it's Ubisoft so I won't be buying it.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
So... complete games are now a thing of the past on Wii U I take it?
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Nintendo will be the next Sega.
*Yawn* Haven't people been saying that about Nintendo since Sega went? Nintendo have enough money for two failed consoles in a row
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Only because of the hand-held really. I personally think they should stick to software, or at least portable hardware.
Never going to happen, if Nintendo stop making hardware they will stop making software. All these people who want Nintendo to fail because they think they'll get Nintendo games on their choice of console if they do are morons.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
I don't see why they would stop making software if they stopped the hardware part. Sega are still making games to this day and doing pretty well.
It's only non Nintendo gamers who think Nintendo should go away & people who don't think that Nintendo consoles are worth buying for Zelda & Metroid or the gameplay innovations that come with a Ninty console
It has been said plenty of times by everyone at Nintendo that if they stop making Hardware they will stop Software as well. Nintendo make Hardware cos they can have their own rules and everyone knows Ninty do what they want so bowing to Sony or Microsoft is a no go
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
I never said I want Nintendo to fail or go away, I'm just saying I think they would be better off sticking to software, I personally don't think they can compete in the console market, the Wii U is already behind next gen consoles and the next gen Xbox/PS4 are not even out yet.
The Wii U is part of the eighth generation whether people like it or not & more power doesn't mean more popular
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
But a new generation is about advancing technology and what not, the Wii U has what, 2GB RAM? a 32GB hard drive and low CPU/GPU and does nothing new that the Wii doesn't do. How is that next gen?
The meaning of Next Gen has been twisted thanks to the jump between consoles (Nes-Snes, Megadrive-Dreamcast, PSX- PS2 & Xbox-X360) Those kinds of jump won't happen again (at least for a while) Nintendo have always been about new gameplay ideas and innovation, they tried power once before and look what happened
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
While I agree it's unlikely Nintendo will go third party, I do very much think they're done in the home console business. Barring some unprecedented miracle turnaound for the Wii U (Which looks more and more unlikely by the day), I'd lay money on them going handheld only by the time the 3DS successor needs to be announced in a few years time.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
No one wants Nintendo to fail. They are skipping along with only fanboys as their selling market though. People say that FIFA doesn't improve year upon year due to people still buying it no matter what. The same can be said for Nintendo games.
Nintendo games do improve. Mario is debatable, while they don't improve they have new ideas (Then again I'm not a big Mario Fan)
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
What Nintendo games have evolved with ideas and gameplay from the Wii to the Wii U then Nox? they all seem the same to me.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
It's like playing the same game but instead of having a racoon you now have a cat. And stuff like that.
Still more of a change than you get with FIFA each year ;)
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
There are thousands of transfers every year with FIFA, so I doubt it :P
Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword: Ideas , Fire Emblem, Smash Bros: Gameplay
Woop a player plays for a team he didn't play for last year.
You do know there are more Mario games that the Land & World Series right?
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
That was the joke Nox. And Mario Galaxy/SS aren't on Wii U. And SB gameplay hasn't really changed, has it?
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Does the Wii U even have a 1080p output?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I dont know what kind of evolution you are looking for in terms of idea and gameplay. The only one that really did anything different before was the Wii with the motion sensing then everyone started following suit, then with the Wii U and the screen on the controller now everything is talking about using tablets as a second screen and the Vita on the PS4. If you are looking at gameplay you know how hard it is to do something different without all the backlash you should see the amount of moaning about the new X com because it is not a turn based strategy.
My bad I thought you said Gamecube to Wii not Wii to Wii U but you could say that about ever single game that is coming out in the future & yes it does output at 1080P
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
How exactly?
I mean from the normal Final Fantasy structure
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
I dunno about this. I mean it's not really an issue since this type of game is pretty much an online catered one. Saying that. Wasn't planning on buying it till it's reduced in price anyways. So bleh