Tuesday Chat, August 6

Firmware updates are something that PS3 owners will be widely familiar with and to a lesser extent, Xbox 360 owners too. Both systems have been changed beyond recognition since their launch thanks to numerous firmware updates, most of which have added some much needed and wanted features.

Today's we ask, what do you think of firmware updates? Do they excite you as much as a new game release or are you indifferent towards them? Is there anyone out there who doesn't like firmware updates and if so why?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 06 Aug, 2013

Comments
Pretty indifferent really, if they improve functionality fine, but adding loads of pointless bells and whistles I'm never going to use then I don't care. I don't like that they're forced on you though, sometimes they update things, thinking they're improving things, and you just wish they had left things alone, and then you're stuck with it, you can't go back to the last dashboard even though you preferred it.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I'm not bothered by tehm, always adapt myself. Just now I've been upgraded to the newest version of Android on my HTC One, and it's made somethings better like accessing all my tickable options, but when I download a video and click it, it doesn't automatically remove from my main bar, which is a tad annoying.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
I don't have issue with Firmware updates as my PS3 automatically downloads them. I however dislike to update to spend 2 minutes applying a Software update, that only does improved the Security and stability of the system.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
had a good battle field 3 session with tootell last night could do with some more players though if any ones interested
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
Toys r us has come out and said the dates of ps4 on the 13 december were made up and not the actual date what a surprize its untrue , when sony have not even said yet
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Even if it was true, Sony wouldn't have been happy with them so they will have had to back track. But it won't be true, probably just wanted peopel to pre-order.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
hoping gonna be mid nov in time for watch dogs not dec
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I'm guessing it will be mid November. Around the rumoured 13th date. But both companies want the cards at their chest just so no more mistakes are made as Microsoft proved how bad an internet backlash can be.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
forgot to mention that i herd in a vid of Saints row 4 you can select a voice in the options that makes your guy sound like NOLAN NORTH if this is true or not unsure
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
It's true I believe. It's basically making fun of the fact that North is in everything by having North in this.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Back on my old psn now im done with trophies there pointless, had some fun yesterday on battlefield some latvian guy was chatting aload of shite to me and kratos haha also bought fifa back today
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Only game you need. I'm running through XCOM then probably going to play a bit NFS.
Played a bit of Deathspank last night , it had me bursting out laughing a lot
Nintendo Direct tomorrow
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Deathspank was great couldnt get into the second one, feel that it came out too quick.
Also started playing Just Cause 1