PS4's pre-orders after August 6 not guaranteed for launch

Sony have confirmed all PlayStation 4 pre-orders placed from 6th August will now not be guaranteed for launch.

Of course you can still pre-order PS4 with ShopTo in case we receive cancellations and can fulfil your order for launch. This information is also true for all other European retailers stocking the PS4 at launch.

Have you pre-ordered your PS4?

Edited On 07 Aug, 2013

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
If you want it on release day, you'd have it pre-ordered by now, really.
FRANCIS 3 years ago
Does this apply to any bundles that may be offered?
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I think if you have ordered through Shopto, you may get the option to add on the games or whatever bundles rather than have to cancel and hope.
FRANCIS 3 years ago
i am hoping that's the case - would like to get the camera along with the console - plus some games, oh and an extra controller........
I'll wait until there's more than one game I might like I think.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Yeah I'm not past buying all them seperate, but I'd rather have a nice bundle cheaper really.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Must...... Resist...... The pre-order!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
so even though i havent paid for it yet but had it pre ordered since e3 ill get it?
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
orders since yesterday :P
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
This is what I was saying the other day.
I was saying it last year :P
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Surprising they'll be able to guarantee so many consoles for launch seeing as demand has been sky high for the PS4 for months now. It's been topping preorder charts everywhere for ages.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
This is very useful information, good job they told us this before the cut off date, oh wait...
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Now, Now Tony. You were saying that the console would be delayed in Europe. You did not say that everyone who has pre-ordered will get their console on the proper release date.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
I have a horrible feeling what I said all along will come true, we won't see the PS4 in the UK untill early 2014. Already whispers on places like IGN, Eurogamer, Kotaku that PS4 will only hit Europe early next year. As much as I'd be disappointed but Sony have done this twice before, said UK/Europe would get the PS2/3 the same time as America and we ended up waiting an extra 3 months. My bet is Sony at Gamescom this month with "Apologise" blame production etc then hit us with it, mark my words, it's coming :-(
Wouldn't surprise me, been hearing rumours of supply issues for the best part of a year.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
The only issue there, Old Timer, is that Sony have had advertisement running in the UK which specify "Out 2013". Now whilst we may not be the exact same date release as America, Sony have already laid their chips down for a 2013 release. To go back on that now, would be a big mistake and give Xbox the early launch advantage again. Still, I reckon we'll see the launch dates announced at GamesCom in a fortnight.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Was that like how GTA 5 was advertised as out spring 2013 :) things change. I wouldn't be surprised if it is delayed by maybe a month or so however I do reckon they will try there hardest as they wont want to fall behind the xbox again.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
Glad I pre order my PS4 on Febuary 20 and my friends in March :)
veritasme's avatar
veritasme 3 years ago
my pre-order was July 2nd, so looks like I'll be OK. Is it still looking like a November release?
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
PS4 has already been confirmed for this year in Europe. They announced the EU/UK pricing for the thing at E3 ffs, that's not something you do for a product not even releasing for a year. PS3 may have gotten delayed here, but that was a long time ago, and Sony have since already launched one other console here with the Vita, and that saw release in Europe at the same time as pretty much everywhere else. The way SCE operates has changed dramatically these past few years.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Again i reckon you are right but i know it sound silly but just because they have confirmed it does not mean that they can not change it due to unforseen circumstances or something like that.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
I hope you folks are right and PS4 does release in 2013 in the UK but maybe I'm being all doom and gloom and I know it was a long time ago and things have changed but I remember Sony with both the PS2/3, .. "There will be no problems" "No delays" 2 weeks later "Oh sorry" and as folks mentioned here there's already been rumours over the last few months about supply issues so it's a case of i'll believe it when I see it and like Zombie said, things can, do and will happen unfortunately whether they announced it or not. .. ... I have my fingers crossed I'm totally wrong and come the end of the year I'm sitting there playing both these new consoles but I do have this horrible feeling.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
They said this about the other consoles too. And you could easily get them. If there's any shortage it'll be from one of two things. 1.) Sony not being able to manufacture enough and were always limiting. 2.) Scalpers hearing that it'll be hard to get so they can sell it more on ebay. Look how the same happened for the Vita and WIi U. Look how easy they are to get. I'll get it in the new year when Sony bother announcing games and the hype has died off and it gets a quick price drop due to lack of games.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
"and it gets a quick price drop due to lack of games." - Just like the Wii U did, yeah? Oh wait...
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
There doesnt need to to be an official price cut for companies to sell them for less.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Companies aren't going to drastically alter the pricing of the PS4 until people stop buying them at the price they are set, or until the year is out for when they can see if the 185 games that are announced to be coming out, come out.
cthragyaska's avatar
cthragyaska 3 years ago
Depends if the seller involved wants to get a jump on sales. Company I work for frequently sell new products for less than competitors, as you make up the shortfall through other higher margin items. Of course, none of that matters if all pre-order unit allocation is already full :)
sawyer77's avatar
sawyer77 3 years ago
Ordered back in feb after the announcement conference had finished, now paid for in full.....I'm pretty sure I'm safe.....I hope!
cthragyaska's avatar
cthragyaska 3 years ago
And I just saw on Facebook that ShopTo are working on a swap option to get a day one console bundle without losing your place in the pre-order queue :) Which is nice :)
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Yeah that is good news.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Still depends if i will get more points than i would save in the bundle wether i go for a bundle or not.
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 3 years ago
Considering games you like , Gloria, that will probably be a long wait. Old Timer, Xbox lobby within gamers and game journalists is quite strong, so those rumors hold less power in my eyes than exact european release date that will be announced eventually. We might not hear such rumors about Xbone, but overall mood of Xbone news makes me think, that MS will hardly release before Sony...
Well I'm sure that if Gloria does get a PS3 she will get a PS4 when Sly 5 is released
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
" Any savvy shopper has been able to get the Wii U for under £200 since like March. But good point. The PSV has been overpriced for a year and a half now with no sign of a price cut. So Sony probably won't be reducing the price themselves. I'm sure someone will however" - That says to me that stores are simply much more desperate to offload their Wii U stock than Vita stock if they're taking such measures already. Hardly surprising considering the Vita is still selling better than the Wii U right now though I guess. Regardless, there has been no official price cut on either of those, and I was really just making a point about the suggestion of a console getting a price cut due to "lack of games" being hilariously dumb... and would still be so even if the PS4 didn't already have a packed release schedule.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
DW here is my original comment: “ The PS4 could get delayed into 2014 for EU as that is what happened with the PS3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS3_launch#Europe Prepare for the worse, hope for the best. Alternatively they could just ship everywhere and early preorders are secure but if you preorder one after today then you could be waiting a while for one, as this site suggests: http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/08/01/sony-ps4-stock-problems-feared/ ” YOU just decided to focus on the "delayed into 2014" part and made a BIG deal out of that and ignored the rest which mirrors this news article.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
The PS4 is not meant to be released for another 3 months, and that is a lot of time. Sony are supposed to be showing more games at Gamescom later this month. So far there is not one PS4 exclusive I like, so I have not prordered one yet, but there could be some games I like after Gamescom, and if I preorder then I will not get one, which will suck.
Soul Assassin's avatar
Soul Assassin 3 years ago
its just sale trick , no rush