Thursday Chat, August 8

The next generation is getting closer after quite a few years of waiting. But just when will it get here? We already know the Xbox One will be released sometime in November, while the PS4 release date remains a mystery.

So what do you think? When exactly will both consoles release? Why not have your guess below and we'll see who was right.

Also, have you pre-ordered yet? If so which console have you opted for?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 08 Aug, 2013

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Around the 13th for both of them. - Went D/L/D/L/D on FIFA, 3 of those from a previous play, so got my mojo back with an 8-2 win as Everton.You definantely need a big win to get back in form.
Well apparently the PS4 will be delayed into 2014. Info from a certain someone
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
a 'leak' a little while back said 29th nov for the XBOX and 13th dec for PS4. http://i.pgu.me/Y6VtHLSS_original.jpg
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
They already apologised for that not being true IGS
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
fair enough. but tbh i was expecting them around there anyways, just in time for xmas, makes business sense at least. just annoys me that i will have to wait a month plus for battlefield 4 as im not buying it twice.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
i'm not to fussed if the ps4 gets delayed im more than happy with my ps3 at the moment, fifa last night made me realise how shite and unsportsman like the community actually is i! people kept leaving i didnt get to finish a full match!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Aye I just send 'easy' to them if they leave. Only the 8-2 lad finished. It's usually the bigger team players that quit mind. Played Dortmund with Roma and Liverpool and both the lads left.
it is really annoying when people do that. I'm happy with Steam right now so I don't see the need to buy a console with 1 or 2 games I want to play
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Rage quitting is the bane of all online play. Notice when you have a great game of BF3 that by the end, the other team only has 3 people left in it. Online fighters are the only place I've experienced where losing people don't rage quit. Madden is one of the worst for me.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
i never leave unless i legitimatly have to go somewhere
I only quit on a online shooter if the enemy team has my team spawn trapped, that or I just go and make a sandwich
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I've never quit, got a 0% DNF for that reason. But I agree, Madden is the worst, and I've found being on a team of 3 people by the end of a COD match. It's annoying as people always pull out the 'it's their game, they can do as they wish.' But as soon as they come in to online play, it's our game, so they're pissing on my bonfire. I've also never understood quitting on FIFA. I've came back from being 3-0 down after figuring out my opponents strategy.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
funny story actually yesterday i was winning a game of fifa 1-0 and i had to go for my tea so i left the game on scoffed my tea then he was winning 3-1 in the 70th minute and i managed to get a 3-3 draw out of it.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I always out of principle finish. Even if I'm being annihilated! My only DNFs in BF3 are connection losses!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
me and scott aka kratos where getting demolished on bf yesterday but we carried on also the same happened the day before... god i dont think we've won a game yet..
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
The only times I will quit I'd if it puts you into the game with the last 2 minutes to go and there is no chance of doing anything. If I get beat fair enough I will stick it out. I found rts games bad for quitters if you beat there initial rush they usually leave.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
has anyone else seen the new vita update? you now have the ability to hid trophies on your profile for individual games.
Oh & if the game shoves me into a rented server with a stupid time limit or number of tickets
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 3 years ago
Our images are broken at the moment due to an issue with the system, we are hoping to have this fixed soon. Cheers :)
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
JoeT, I'm pretty sure that you and Scott were against Brooker and me in a game of BF3 a few weeks back... I also killed you both with an RPG on Firestorm. It was a good day.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I actually suck bad at competitive FPS, so all the dying/losing isn't so bad to me :P
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
No john cant off been me i last played BF this time last year up until recently.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Kinda of wishing Sony to do an apple style launch of going to gamescom and saying its out in 2 weeks time. But I think they will both be out in November I think both will want to get theres out first so probably a bit of release date chicken going on at the moment.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
At the end of the PS4 conference: "We got so excited showing you all this stuff we almost forgot to mention the release day. The PS4 goes on sale next week"
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Doubt Sony would do that, they said it's coming holiday 2013 which going by normal holiday season starts in November and ends new year, so they wouldn't release it just after Gamescom, most likely mid-end of November or early December.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
To be fair, September Weekend is a holiday.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
The PS4 will probably be delayed into 2014 for those who have not preordered yet, if they decide to not delay it in EU by themselves - either virtually all the USA get the PS4 on launch day and all of EU get it on launch day in 2014, or they stick to the 2013 release date and people miss out worldwide. This is why MS set out to release the Xbox ONE in certain countries, and then the rest to follow, as they were being realistic, and a lot fewer will be left disappointed - UK seems good so far as the day one editions are still available for preorder and they have not reached the standard edition yet. This is the one thing that is going to go against PS4 and Sony. If people can not get a PS4 they will go Xbox ONE instead. To begin with the next gen was not going to launch in 2014, they should have just stuck to it - now it is just a messy rush job to beat the competition.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
*facepalm*
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Dude, just because some people who pre-order late don't get it on release day, does not mean it's delayed until 2014. I don't know why you keep throwing the word "delayed" around, it ships, it runs out, people wait for next batch = not delayed launch.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Whitey just leave it. There genuinely is no point in arguing with him.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
facepalm indeed
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
the only reason the ps3 was delayed was because off Issues with mass production of Blu-ray drive and now they have gotten blu ray drives to a tee i cant see them having any problems.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
Yeah because you are just arguing for the sake of arguing. If the next batch is not avialble until 2014, then people will still not get until 2014. I did not mean the launch will get delayed, people getting hold of one will be delayed.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
The only problems is that they do not have a magic wand, they are only hiuman and not able to make enough PS4s to meet demand. The deadline for preorders being Aug 6th and over 3 months to go, is pathetic
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
*Double Facepalm* - When one facepalm isn't enough.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
Can say the date, but most likely in November for PS4
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
So by Tony's logic, Grand Theft Auto V will be delayed in the UK to everyone that tries to buy a copy from a store that has run out of stock?
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Yes, they'll all be given to America.