Friday Chat, August 9

It's Friday and you know what that means? The Weekend! So what are you up to this weekend? Anyone going on holiday? If so where are you going, anywhere exciting?

Also since we are a gaming site, do you have any gaming plans? What games are you playing or what games are you planning to play?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 09 Aug, 2013

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I played a bit more FIFA last night, 7 points off winning division one, drew 2-2 with PSG as Lazio just because of it just not wanting me to win against the better side. But yeah. This weekend I'm free, so I'm going to be getting a pizza and settling down with XCOM or Spec Ops tonight. I've got a bet on PSG so hopefully that comes in. Saturday continue gaming and football, then she comes back so will watch Casino, Snatch or XMen: First Class. Then Sunday, will keep up to date with Mainz v Stuttgart and Schalke v Hamburg if they're on TV :)
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Yeah, no holiday for the Brookers this year. We were gonna be going to Gamescom but then stupid wife got pregnant! Haha! Hoping to get a little time on XCom this weekend. Played for a while the other day and really liked it. Hoping to get it finished before SR4 and SC:Blacklist arrive
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Playing some FIFA ultimate team again need to build a team got about 200k to spend so far been trading through the web app
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Wish I was going to gamescom. How long even is XCOM come to think of it? I'm just meeting new aliens every mission nowadays. Wish it had an autosave though.
Had a day trip to the seaside yesterday, got burnt, ate loads of nice food, drunk loads of cider, and picked up a ton of streetpass hits. Got a week away in Cornwall planned for next month, when all the kids have gone back to school. No gaming plans for the weekend, will do a bit of Animal crossing probably though, forge ahead with Earthbound, and maybe have another crack at the Pikmin missions. Probably have another BBQ at the weekend, I fancy some ribs and they are best done over charcoal.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
We were working up over the years, gamefest, then eurogamer, then this year was gonna be Gamescom. Shame, maybe next year. Not a clue how long XCom is, I'm reckoning 20-30 hours. And I have 2 weeks until sr4 and blacklist.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Coming down to my neck of the woods are you Gloria I will warn Cornwall you are on your way. Hope to get more of infamous done then either sly collection or Tales of Xillia which I think arrived this morning but didnt have time to open due to having to go to work :(
I'm no stranger to Cornwall Bindania, been holidaying there for many years, Bude is our favourite place ever.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
My favorite places in Cornwall are porthcothan and padstow
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Bude is very nice I live in Plymouth its very nice having Cornwall just over the bridge from us. Where are you going this year or you going back to Bude?
Yeah, Bude again, we've been all over the place and it's our favourite, great beach, nice and quiet, and there's plenty of good spots to visit within easy reach.
Padstow is nice, been there a couple of times for the Hobby Horse dance, we used to do all the little local festivals when we were younger, travel around camping for weeks all over the place. These days we just want to relax somewhere nice though.
I'm planning on playing Tales of Vesperia all weekend. I put up my last bookcase last night & I have got to say that it they look great with my Game/Manga/Anime/Limited Editions/Collectable all on display
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Newquay is good if you want somewhere lively but it is full of surfers and students. Truro is nice for shopping. Places like Looe are good for a day visit.
Funny thing is that by the time I finished putting it together the two guys doing work on a house a few doors down laid almost a whole driveway
Samka's avatar
Samka 3 years ago
Bude is great, and Padstow. Newquay is a bit young - used to go there when I was a teenager with mates. Visited Cornwall or Devon pretty much every year when I lived in the SW but moved to the SE a couple of years ago and haven't got round to going back, which is a shame. My plans for the weekend deffo involve some gaming; haven't had any time for it in last 6 weeks due to life commitments getting in the way and moving house so having the PS3 boxed up. Finally finished the last of us yesterday - really liked the ending although was kinda predictable, but I felt it was done very well. So now that's done its back to Ni no Kuni which I was playing before TLOU came out... don't think I'll be buying any new games for a while as my backlog is so big and I have so little time these days to play any of them :(
Yeah, wasn't keen on Newquay, too many surfers and students, we like things a bit more off the beaten path, Done Truro and Looe before, both nice enough, but wouldn't rush back there. Had some mad times in our youth, sleeping on beaches and in parks just to save some money and get round more places, was great at the time, but we're old fogeys now.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
This weekend will probably consist of a wander around a nature reserve, meeting my lady friend, and if any spare time, a continuation of my Crusader Kings 2 campaign. I still have Ni No Kuni to finish but seeing as the Last of Us came out whilst I was halfway through, and it was a game I *needed* to play right away, I've not found the motivation to get back into it.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Polzeath is a lovely beach as well. Yeah Looe is ok usually go there once or twice a year for a day out with the parents.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Whyte if you fancy a few games of fifa over the weekend give me a shout
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
meh. battlefield 3 mostly. running music for my nephew birthday party on sunday. considering buying state of decay also. oh and fiddling with my airsoft guns for next weekend.
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
might also look into fixing my current PS3. fecking 3rd one to YLOD.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Yeah I'll be up for that. Be good to have a chilled out game of FIFA against someone that actually knows hwo to play fifa, my room-mate sucks lol.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
i wouldnt go that far to say i know how to play haha.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Speaking of YLOD, Im Going Space, does anyone else still have a working day one release PS3? I'm the only one of my friends who hasn't had to change their PS3 at any point. Wish I could say the same for my Xbox 360 thought :/
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I have an original 60gb PS3 which still works only got a new console recently because I wanted a bigger hard drive for PS Plus.
Finally, after 3 months, numerous supposedly guaranteed cannot fail repair disks, downgrading to XP and waiting for an adaptor to be shipped from Hong Kong, I have my computer working online again. That was a bloody pain in the arse, but it works faster with XP, and has probably gotten rid of a load of unwanted crap, and I managed to back up everything important before the reformat.
Samka's avatar
Samka 3 years ago
My original PS3 isn't day one release but I got it in 2008 and has never needed replacing - I gave it to a mate in 2011 when I bought a slim and both are going strong, and have both had their original hard drive replaced to expand space. I actually only know one person who has had to change their PS3; not sure if it makes a difference but he leaves his on the floor which I believe is not supposed to be great for it.
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
not anyone i know of, the current one i have was the first model without back compatibility, but my day one 360 is still going strong, and i have put a LOT of hours through it.
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 3 years ago
I can't afford to leave the house this weekend as I am going away on Thursday. Going to Coventry for 4 nights (convention. Nothing spectacular but it gets me away from Liverpool for the weekend which is good). So I will probably just be playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer all weekend. Maybe also some Saints Row 3 to get ready seeing how SR4 is out soon :) I would be messing about on the Inauguration Station but since I created Herr Flick from Allo Allo on it a few days ago, I decided I can't ever make anything better :P
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I sold my 60gb one to a mate to pay for my slim one. He then spilled water over it about a month after owning it.
csrogue's avatar
csrogue 3 years ago
My original PS3 day one launch console is still going strong. Bought a second one a few months later and it ylod about 2 years ago.
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
I'll be spending some quality time with Tales of Xillia.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
juat won £100 on a scratch card :D
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
Drinks are on Joe
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Yeah, we'll all meet up in cornwall.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Just finished all the story missions in Dynasty Warriors last night still enjoying so going to keep going for all the achievements just got my one for killing 100000 people. Wont be getting my Tales of Xillia till monday as nobody would have been home to get it today or yesterday.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I nominate Tootell
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
just finishing off some of my trade in games like army of two DC before the 23 rd when i will be getting saints row 4 , splinter cell bl and the new xcom game may catch up with the old one before going in to the bureua one
Just played about 2 hour of Tales of Vesperia, so far I'm enjoying it but I had to stop cos my arm is hurting like hell and I need to get used to the 360 pad again
I'm surprised no one here is talking about the Mega Evolutions
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Is it a wifi event you get the Torchic?
That Torchic comes with the item that is used to get Blaziken's Mega Evolution
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I know. But that doesn't answer the question.
Yes it does
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
No, it doesn't. Be like you asking if E4 was on Sky channel 136 and I went on to tell you how E4 had a plus channel.
Sorry but I think that answers that question
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
You can't say summin like that and not spill the beans. Spit it out dude! Haha! Been trying for a second job (as well as a new first job) for a while, SFA in Milton Keynes
You are Gloria's new boy-toy?
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 3 years ago
Lol, well working in a care at the mo and just been offered a job in GAME so probably going to try and do both. Need the money for next gen.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Why not? Staff discount on next gen? We may all be visiting your store!
I don't think he would make it past the auditions to be one of my boy toys Nox, a bit too vanilla for me ;)
Well at least someone who knows what they are talking about will be working at Game
The amount of scalpers selling the Tales of Xillia collectors edition on Ebay is unreal
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
You will have to let us know how it is Gloria. How much they trying to sell it for Nox? Im just downloading the wonderful 101 demo just now.
Most are £120
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
that annoys me the people that mass buy to sell them like that. Planning on keeping mine.
Batman multiplayer is shite, typical tacked on crap, gave up on it after half a dozen games, no big loss the Wii U not getting it.
Mine is still not opened, waiting till I finish Vesperia and Graces F. So far I'm 10 hours into Vesperia