Platinum Games readying announcement for today

Platinum Games has revealed that it'll be making as announcement after today's Wonderful 101 dedicated Nintendo Direct.

The rumour mill is already in full force, with people suggesting that Bayonetta 2 could be going multi-platform, although it's most definitely not considering that it's being published by Nintendo. Given that the announcement was made via the Wonderful 101 blog, we are guessing that it could be something to do with DLC or other game related content or maybe there is a 3DS version incoming?

We'll no doubt find out soon enough.

The announcement will be made shorty after the Nintendo Direct.

Edited On 09 Aug, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
An announcement for an announcement. Must be a slow news day?
As soon as I saw the title I knew that some people would be think Bayonetta 2 could be going multi-platform, I just knew it (It's a Wii U exclusive, get over it)
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I don't care about Bayonetta. Give me a Vanquish 2...
So what time is the Stream?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Vanquish 2 a Wii U exclusive would be interesting.
Some good ideas floating around the Inter-webs about this announcement like Wonder-Red being in Smash Bros
Whatever it is it'll be good, Platinum always deliver and W101 looks fabulous.
I kind of think Wonder-Red being in Smash is a given though
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Was funny watching Nintendo fans get super hyped up on forums only for this to turn out to be nothing but a demo.
You really are quite sad and pathetic aren't you kevin?
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
I probably one of the only ones that dislike Platinum games. I hated Bayoneta it felt like a crappy DMC, Anarchy Reigns was nothing special, Revengeance was Decent at best and I can't really comment on Vanquish as I only played it for an hour or so as I didn't like it.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
You're far from the only one that dislikes them Merle, seeing as everything they produce sells like garbage. I have no strong feelings either way on them tbh, but I do believe they are very much a one trick pony, relying on visual noise+button mashing+extreme violence to sell their games, when in actuality the gameplay in their titles is shallow as a puddle. See the only times they've tried something other than blood soaked button bashing was with Vanquish (Regarded as one of the most shallow, content starved shooters this gen, despite the speed and flash of it) and Infinite Space (Extremely slow and boring space tactics game that played like arse), and the results have been pretty mediocre. They get far too much hype just because they employ a couple of guys who made some well received games years ago imo.
If you say so Kevin.. I'm fine with the way Merle said it but you make it seem like your the kind of person that if someone says they love/really like something you will just take a big giant dump on their feelings. Bottom line is that Platinum's games are just fun and is that not what gaming is suppose to be?
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
"Bottom line is that Platinum's games are just fun and is that not what gaming is suppose to be?" - Pretty subjective really. I didn't have a lot of fun playing Infinite Space on DS nor Anarchy Reigns on PS3 for that matter. I have no problem if some people love Platinum, I merely don't think they're anything special.
And you love to go on about it.
& I'm fine with that it's just the way you point out EVERY SINGLE FLAW, it gets old real quick. You do the same with Nintendo
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Gotta jump in to defend Vanquish. While it did nothing special, I thought it was great fun for the 8 hours it lasted. I would gladly play a second instalment of it and if I'm honest, it's the only reason I had any faith in Platinum being contracted in on Revengeance.
Plus I know for a fact that if you don't like the style of music that Platinum chose for Metal Gear Rising it will seriously take away from your enjoyment of the game. Personally I loved it