Wednesday Chat, August 14

Yesterday we asked you what you think of the Xbox One now that it's went through a number of policy changes, so today we turn the tables and ask you about its main rival, the PS4.

Sony seems to have done a lot right in people's eyes in terms of price and features. But what do you really think about the PS4 and does it appeal to you? If you are set on ordering a PS4 tell us why.

Let's Chat!

Edited On 14 Aug, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Absoutely. Because, as a complete polar opposite to MS, Most of Sony's changes were for the better, or completely optional. The only curveball from Sony I reckon, was the mandatory PSPlus for online play. Not that I'm bothered, hopefully it'll mean improved servers and stability and finally make PSN/SEN a legitimate competitor for LIVE. The only downside for me, is that making it mandatory for online play means they don't need to put in as much effort when it comes to the Instant Game Collection, because they won't need to give us the incentive to subscribe. So long as the discounts keep rolling in, I'll be a happy chappy.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Also, pretty sure review embargoes for SR4 and Blacklist are up today. Good news.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
I like the PS4 because Sony got it right the first time instead of spending months backtracking on every idea they've had.
Alex 3 years ago
except for games ps4 is better i n every way, lack of games hurts it though
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Xbone just back track on everything they say which is rather annoying, tbh i just love playstation.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
I'm not seeing the same lack of games that Alex is apparently
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
The PS4 is what I was hoping for in a next gen console, pretty much the same but more powerful.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
i'm not really to fussed about game selection as much as everyone else, aslong as they have fifa and battlefield ill be set for a year.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
My reason at the moment for prefering PS4 is they make more games that I want to play have some brilliant studios on board with them like Naughty Dog. I am playing Infamous at the moment and loving it so now have a game to look forward to in the launch window. Microsoft put me off from the there launch as mainly branding it as an entertainment device rather then a games console.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 3 years ago
Alex, PS4 has over 20 exclusive games in development which we are still to hear about. MS has put it's cards on the table and has no more surprises left. Sony still have plenty more to reveal. When it comes to games, PS4 will definitely have more exclusives due to its huge amount of studios.
Not exciting me either, like the Xbone it has one game that interests me, and that's what I care about, the games.
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
The fact that games keep getting brought up is just weird. If you're buying the XBOX1 instead of the PS3 because the first 3 months have more exclusives, then go ahead, but don't cry when Sony have double the amount a year down the line. Halo/Gears/Fable/Forza were the only ones to survive through the 360s lifetime, where as Sony have got Uncharted, TLOU, Infamous, R&C, God of War etc.etc. And will only continue to grow.
Because that's what people buy consoles for, to play games, and it doesn't really matter who has the most games, what matters is who has the most games that you like the look of.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I have to agree with Gloria it's not the amount of games it's what you prefer. I'm going to get both but if I had to choose one it would be the Xbox one. Also the Xbox exclusives you mentioned I prefer over the ps3 ones
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
well between me and mates we've decided on the xbox, and we had decided when it was first announced, as i liked the idea of a totally digital console, plus we wanted to stick to the tried and tested LIVE, which just works. and ive never liked playstations controllers. kinect wasnt an issue for me, as i would use it from time to time and my nephew loves it. exclusives are good, but i really dont care for almost any of them. same as most people 'buy for exclusives, stay for 3rd party'. i mean i like the exclusives and all that, but the big games i want come out on both anyways (plus titanfall IS just cod with robots...). the really annoying thing though? Battlefield 4 comes out a month before the new consoles...
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
I bought the 360 because I liked the look of the exclusives but over time I found that all the exclusives I enjoyed had better multiplatform equivalents. However all the PS3 exclusives I have come to love don't have multiplatform equivalents at least not ones that are better and with the increase in bonus content for PS3 gamers, PS+ discounts and IGC downloads. Plus controllers can be learned and relearned I have an issue with PS3 triggers so I run the swapped system that is in place for pretty much all shooters and my single shot fire rate has increased 10x to what it is on the 360.
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
People buy consoles to play games Gloria, but who the hell buys an 8 year life cycle console to play 3 months worth of games? Nobody. And if they do, unlucky for them.
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I bought my 360 to play the XBOX exclusives. And then Bioshock was on PS3. Mass Effect 2 was on PS3. I only had Gears of War and Halo to really enjoy.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
And with the announced exclusives even if I liked the look of Ryse, Titanfall or that other one, how good would a sequel be? and I doubt Titanfall 2 will be exclusive EA aren't THAT stupid.
Lots of people buy consoles without knowing what the future holds gameswise DW, you'll be doing it yourself, it's all about faith.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
I'm sure I read somewhere that they are already looking into bringing titanfall 1 to PS4, they are releasing it as a timed exclusive on Xbone as the cloud makes it easier to Stabilize the MP, I'll have a search for the link.
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
tbh, titanfall is probably only timed exclusive anyways. again the only real differences are do you want: A) a non slanty box with a camera B) a slanty box without a camera Only one real PS exclusive led me to buy a PS3, which was MGS4. i did the whole uncharted thing and just wasnt wowed. littlebigplanet was a laugh mind you. and the "Free" games on PS+ that are only really rentals, at least with the tacked on one on XBL you get them forever.
Titanfall is on PC and more and more people are moving to PC gaming from what I can tell. The one deciding factorfor me that the PS4 with have over the X1 is Japan support
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
I havnt found the exact link I read but I found a couple of similar ones. http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/06/respawns-titanfall-leaks-online-xbopc-timed-exclusive/ http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-12-will-titanfall-ever-come-to-playstation-respawn-and-ea-weigh-in Not that I'm that bothered about it myself, MP isnt my thing so MP only is definitely not.
The PS+ rental argument isn't valid
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
IGS - They are only really rentals if you stop paying for Playstation Plus. Considering you'll need PSPlus to play online, you're not going to stop paying for it, thus the games are yours. And regards to Titanfall - I'm sure I read that the owners only made it for XBOX as there office wasn't big and they were just focusing on making it for the one console, but they're impressed by the PS4 and will look in to it in the future.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
I'll be going Sony next gen as I prefer their IPs, sure they have not announced a new God of War, Uncharted, Last of Us, Jak and daxtar or Ratchet and Clank, but the smart money would be on those returning down the line, and they're also not afraid of new ips like MS are just look at the 'last big exclusive' this gen, Xbox has Gears Judgement which for me is a step to much for the franchise while Sony got Last of Us, big difference if you ask me. The only reason i even switched my 360 on a for the last few months is for party chat, I'd sell the thing but it's only worth about £20, as it's the original fat white as the disk tray won't even open.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Fanboy arguments infuriate me. Buy what you want and shut the fuck up about it!
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
I'm with Nox, rental argument is just grasping at straws, and anyway I'd rather go on holiday indefinitely in a modern hotel, then have a permanent room in a run down motel. oh and the only reason the Xbox games are permanent is because the Xbox isn't designed to handle licenses. If it's on your hard drive you can use it, and also the sony sales are superior to the MS granted steam is even better but I don't like the idea of PC gaming.
The only reason I ever turned my 360 on the last few month was the Crunchyroll app & to play Dark Souls if someone was streaming the 360 version. As soon as I finish Tales of Vesperia it's back to the PS3
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
I don't think anyone's been a 'fanboy', not compared to a lot of other sites anyway.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
OK, maybe fanboy was the wrong term to use. how about................ I fucking hate it when douchebags hate on something for no actual informed reason. People should stop arguing without doing their research and reading first. Bringing up tired, washed out excuses for thei hate that are completely invalid annoys the piss out of me and I wish people would stop it!
What don't you like Merle? I didn't like the idea at first but KOTOR made me take the jump. Ps: if you have a Laptop you could try making the jump right now, you won't be able to play recent games but most old titles and indie you will be able to run
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Better?
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
Yes that is better :).
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
another rumour has been posted on now gamer site ps4 is out on 22 october and due to be reveled at gamescom event
Samka's avatar
Samka 3 years ago
PikaNox you know you can get the crunchyroll app on the PS3 right? (though admittedly you do have to set up a temporary US account to access the US store to get it)... I'm going Sony next gen but that was always a given since I'm a massive Sony fangirl, but I did go into it with an open mind and thought I'd give the next gen Xbox a go if it was likely to have better exclusives or if the launch won me over. which it obviously did not. plus MS's whole attitude has annoyed me so will be sticking with what I've known for the last 15 years+ and stay with Sony.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
PC Gaming is great. I just prefer console gaming. No fuss, no muss.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
My house is pretty crowed so i don't really have room for a proper rig, my laptop that I use can't run crap, it's a bog standard, it struggles to run sites that use that disquis thing. I prefer to pay out the nose once every seven or so years, rather than paying out the nose every 3 or so years, the main thing PC brings over console is graphics and so long as they're decent I don't mind graphics, then there is the mods which sounds like a cool idea but I'd be worried that some tool would create a virus one and I'd install it. I'm a pretty big technophobe when it comes to PCs, I'm fine using one but as soon as it comes to fiddling with hardware I have no idea wtf I'm doing and am frightened of breaking something.
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
If PS4 comes out on the 22nd October, I'd be so happy. My birthday and everything, I'd be kitted out for fudge all.
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I'm with iMerle. I have a lot of games on my PC, but I can't get in to a game on my laptop as well as I can on PS3. Football manager, yes, but it doesn't require constant attention.
Samka's avatar
Samka 3 years ago
I've never been able to get into PC gaming; when I was younger I couldn't afford a decent enough PC and now I'm a bit too stuck in my ways. Plus I do a *lot* of co-gaming with my boyfriend as we play pretty much every game together, and the only way to do that on a PC would be to hook it up to the TV and get a controller. which would basically be like having a console with better graphics but much more mess/effort.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Doodz i iz ps4 faNBoy i hatez m$ Becausez theyz douchebagz sony winz all Doodz
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
The only thing worse than sony fanboys vs microsoft fan boys is fifa fanboys vs pes fanboys
Well my Hp Pavallon DV6 can run games like Dragon Age fine (Admittedly that's the very top that I have tried it on) Also you will only need to upgrade every few years if you want to run games on Max/Ultra settings
Really I thought the worst was the PC Master Race
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
I've had the PS4 pre-ordered since it was first announced. I've not been swayed by the Xbox One but I know I will eventually get it. I'm only leaning towards PS4 at launch probably because of being a little bit of a fan boy in that regard. I grew up with Sony more than I ever did Xbox. Also, the free online gaming for PS3 meant this skint bloke bought multiplayer games on that console and thus favoured it more(yes, I know it's not as good as Xbox 360, and that the PS4 won't be free online). It seems Xbox One has the better exclusives (so far) but things like Final Fantasy back being exclusive to PS4 means I can't not get it. Halo and the like will have to wait until my wallet stops crying and I can afford another console.
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
FIFA Fanboys v PES Fanboys has been dead for years.
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Johno - I managed to get that car on NFS. It's good, but I can't get the top speed to get the nitrous boost
Forgot to answer. I know Crunchyroll have a app on PS3 but I just find the 360 version better
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
DW - you should have the other upgrades to help and floor it round the interstate to the west, all the corners are heavily cambered so you don't drop to much speed
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Aye, I'm working on getting al the other upgrades just now. Just got the improved chassis.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
Long gears are where it's at, and Powershot Nitrous is the tits
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
DW - i still need to recieve a beating off you on fifa...
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Haha you can't try and big me up to then put me down Tootell :P Will get one off this friday if you want? Or thursday. Out tonight to watch Scotland get smashed.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
Where to begin with PS4... I like a gold mine of good news. Their Developer chart shows that some of Japanese fines developer (NIS, Compile Heart, Tales, Gust, Tecmo Koei etc) have sign up to making games for the PS4 and looking ad Kickstarter we have games like Liedge, SoulSage, H-Hour World Elite and Project Phoenix (Yet to been approved). Also Among the Sleep and Dreamfall Chapters is talking about coming to PS4. There is so must Postive about PS4 and almost nothing negative about PS4 - HDCP on HDMI could be a negative thing for Let's players since there ain't any Compo cable option.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
i'll beat i mean play you whenever
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
possibly the best music video to exist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_426RiwST8 also a boss tune
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 3 years ago
@Im Going Space, Uncharted easily one of the best game series of this generation, including Golden Abyss. Those games absolutely amazing, being not "wowed" by them means you're braindead, which you have to thank Xbox for. Or you are big fat liar...
Not everyone likes the same games Hymeleon, as hard as it is to believe there are people who didn't like Journey
Samka's avatar
Samka 3 years ago
even harder to believe: some people didn't like the last of us... I read one comment by someone where they said the game should have stuck with the similar style of play as that of the prologue, which kind of missed the point of THE WHOLE GAME
Not played it so I can't pass Judgement on it. Leading on what is everyone's game that they like but it seemed like everyone else hated? Mine is Red Faction Armageddon
Whitey 3 years ago
Just because someone doesn't like a particular game, doesn't mean they are "braindead" or anything. Everyone has their own tastes, no matter how great a game is, it will not be everyone's cup of tea.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
I like Uncharted but I don't see why it's so highly praised, it doesn't do anything special it's just a third person shooter with climbing and a ridiculous amount of collectables. As for a game i liked that a lot of others hate, since Red Faction Armageddon has been taken I'll have to go with Godfather 2.
Whitey 3 years ago
Well obviously my game I like that most don't, would be Gears Judgement.
The only thing that I don't like is when someone is hating on a game and they haven't even played it. Never played Godfather 2 but I have wanted to for years, just never got around to it
I knew you would say Judgement, I'm sure everyone here that knows you did as well
Whitey 3 years ago
Judgement is a good game, obviously not as good as the previous games but in no way is it the terrible game people make it out to be.
Dante's Inferno.
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 3 years ago
PikaNox, Whitey, dude said he "did the whole uncharted thing" which really strange IF he doesn't like them...
Whitey 3 years ago
Also, I know I have been quick to judge games that I haven't played before, and maybe come across as hating on it, but I'm mostly just messing around :) but in fairness, I'm not really going to try a game that I know I won't like, you can usually get a good idea from gameplay videos most times.
& since Whitey has said ", obviously not as good as the previous games but in no way is it the terrible game people make it out to be" I think that can be applied to FF13 as well
Whitey 3 years ago
Hymeleon, not sure if that is aimed at me, and if it is, not sure what you mean.
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Whitey - Not played it myself but know what you mean. GOW: Ascencion gets slammed all the time but it's a fun game, even if it doesn't live up to GOW3.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Medal of Honor 2010 (and too a lesser extent, Door fighter)
Whitey 3 years ago
I actually really liked FF13 if I'm honest, die-hard classic FF fans will disagree of course. I really got into the story of FF13 but I didn't manage to finish it because it wasn't my game and had to give it back.
I have two copy of FF13 (360) for some reason, don't know why
I also have two copy's of The 3rd Birthday
Whitey 3 years ago
If they released FF13 and FF13-2 on steam, I would buy them straight away, I just don't use Xbox much any more and have loads other games to play.
So Whitey what if I gift you a bundle? Will you at least try them?
Whitey 3 years ago
Probably when I get around to it, but it would probably get more use from someone else if I'm honest.
Zombie has already been a victim of my generosity. The way I see it if I have half of the games from a bundle & it's only a few £ more for than buying the game/s I don't have then I'll get the bundle so I can gift the games to people
I really do think that The Wind Waker will push me over the edge. http://www.zelda.com/windwaker/
Samka's avatar
Samka 3 years ago
I hated FF13 but I'm a fan of classic FF and FF13 was basically 'run down a corridor fighting, have a cut scene, carry on doing the same for the whole fracking game'. Plus a lot of the characters were annoying and crap (though lightning was pretty kick ass). As for the Uncharted series, I agree the gameplay itself is nothing to write home about (though ND definitely made improvements in Uncharted 2/3), but I think it has great characterisation, humour, plot, and some absolutely stunning art. One of the few games where I would actually stop playing it at times just to admire the view.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Judgement i found had a really good single player but the multiplayer just changed far too much from what I enjoyed about the first 3 Gears, I found that Uncharted 3 was disappointing compared to the first 2 and personally feel that the last of us was overhyped don't get me wrong i am not saying it was a bad game but its not the holy grail that it is made out to be. The story was really good but i found the gameplay was just the same over and over. FF 13 I enjoyed but really didn't like 13-2.
FF13 opened up after getting to Gran Pulse. I just treated those parts as character development. I like the FF13 cast
Game I liked that everyone hated, Duke Nukem Forever ;)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Agree Samka Gameplay wise Uncharted was solid I thought not pushing any boundries but what makes the games is the story telling probably the closest thing to playing a cheesy action film.
Duke Nukem Forever was Ok-ish, not as bad as everyone said
Only reason I still have it is cos I have the Collectors Edition so I feel I should keep the game
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Couldnt get into FF13 played it for about 20 hours it looked pretty but didnt like the combat and the story never really grabbed me.
Took me about 20 Hours to get to Gran Pulse and I was at 80 Hours by the time I left. Speaks for itself
Samka's avatar
Samka 3 years ago
I only sunk about 25 hours into FF13 I think so never got as far as it opening up, and heard that it wasn't really open world in the traditional FF sense and that it was still pretty toss and linear. Bindiana I agree it was pretty but the combat/story was not for me. And Zombie, as for the last of us, certain aspects of it were samey but I actually felt there was quite a lot of variation in what you had to do, depending on which section of the game you were on... Also I think where it stood up was in the execution - again the plot and characterisation were superb, and the whole game just came across as so slick. The AI was great, and I'd read complaints about companions getting in the way but I never had any issues with them myself.
Well time to tidy up and play Tales of Vesperia. Been fun talking to you all (Think I'll still be lucking)
Oh anyone who ordered the Collectors Edition for the Tales store check this to see if you won https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=671572869538924&set=a.215769015119314.66891.171035032926046&type=1&theater
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Plot and characters were great for the last of us and must say i really enjoyed the winter part which did brake it up. About the third time we had to do a water part it got a bit annoying. Never had an issue with the AI getting in the way though I did find that they would sometimes stand right next to the enemy and the enemy wont even react to them. In FF 13 and 13-2 it was the combat system that almost made me stop playing them i just found it terrible.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
I completed FF13 and whilst it wasn't the traditional FF it was enjoyable. It was basically a very pretty linear story with no wriggle room for exploration. However, it did lead to FF13-2 which I enjoyed a lot. Been an FF fan since 7 and were I to point a finger at one FF game I hate it's 12. I found it completely forgettable and boring in almost every way. Still, it's each to their own. It's just a shame, imho, that some games are judged against their predecessors instead of on their own merits.
Ok 12 was amazing and anyone who hates it hates good games. (J/K) Na but in all seriousness FF 12 is one of my favourite Final Fantasy games
Samka's avatar
Samka 3 years ago
I do see your point Kaysar but when a game is released as part of a franchise and uses the name to get sales, I think it's fair enough to at least partly judge it by what came before. I never played FF12 because I was warned off it. Sadly can't say the same for FF13. I think even if it hadn't been a FF game I wouldn't have liked it as I found it just very boring and uninspiring, but the fact it was a FF game meant I had high expectations it and ended up hating it.
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Does that mean you haven't played 6 yet Kaysar? Best game ever. Best villian in an FF too.
Considering that you can pick it up for under £10 now I think it is worth a go Samka
Samka's avatar
Samka 3 years ago
My favourite FF games (in order): 7, 9, 8, 10 (I'm not even gonna include FF13 on that list). I did also play FF3 on my DS but it was just alright, nothing special. I hear such good things about FF6 but never got round to playing it, bought the PSN version for my vita ages ago and it's been sitting on there for months just waiting for me to play it.
Samka's avatar
Samka 3 years ago
under a tenner? could be tempted...
Well about £10 new but you can also get it for a few £ used on Ebay
6 > 4 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 10 > 7 > 12 > 13 > 3 > 2 > 1
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
It does mean I've not played 6. I've tried a few times but, woe for me, I can't get past the graphics. I really should give it the play through it deserves, and hopefully the story line will make me get past my graphic whore-ish ways, but I doubt it. Although I am aware of the fan boy fights between FF7 and FF6 fan boys which leads me to believe 6 was a great game. I appreciate that it runs on the coat tails of the games before but there's little that can be done in that regard. And yes, I admit my hopes were raised (and dashed) by the fact 13 was an FF game. Still, by the end of it I was enjoying myself; even if it was the kind of enjoyment brought about by being penned into a small space and made to do the same thing over and over again.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
6 was amazing. Time to surprise Nox again i have never played 12.
I actually understand why a lot of people have never played FF12, the game got a lot of bad rep when it was released but I absolutely adore the game & it's one of my favourite games of all time
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
You can't get past the graphics but played 7? :P Yeah I could understand people not playing them really, although I had to have them on my ps3 as i loved them that much. The best thing about 6 was that everyone was different, the characters were so diverse and the villian was actually evil. Sepiroth may talk about being a bad ass, but Kefka was literally the baddest man on the planet.
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
12 was good. I liked 12. It never seemed challenging though which was always the problem for me. I liked the characters, and liked the story, but it was never difficult.
The Red Chocobo & Gilgamesh would have to disagree
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
time to suprise you all i've never played a single FF
Not a surprise
Got to hand it to EA here, this is one of the most generous things I have seen from a big publisher www.humblebundle.com/
That's the best bundle I've seen to be honest, I still want to play DS3
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
That is really bloody good deal, though you should know you arent aloud to say good thing about EA or activision online what are you thinking :)
Whitey 3 years ago
EA and Activision are probably my 2 favourite companies in gaming, I love what they have done to the games industry and where they are heading.
You and your jokes Whitey.But Donating the proceeds to charity is bloody amazing of EA
The weekly bundle will have a lot to live up to now, not to say the current weekly bundle is bad
Whitey 3 years ago
But you could turn the sliders down on the charities and give all the money to humble tip.
Dick move
Whitey 3 years ago
Not sure why they allow you to do that to be honest, thought it was all about charity, not making profit.
It's so you can control where your money goes. Tbh each time a big publisher bundle like this comes up I always give the publisher the lowest amount but it turns out I can't do that this time can I?
Oh and Whitey, the Humble Tip is mainly for keeping the server for your bundles up so you can download the DMR Free version anytime you want
Whitey 3 years ago
Hmm I might just pay the retail price for Dead Space 3 and get the bundle.
The common thing for people to do is take the retail price of each game that is on a bundle and take 75% off each game
Whitey 3 years ago
Shame they are Origin games though, prefer Steam. But I don't actually have any of those games apart from BF3 so it's not bad a deal.
Only 3 of them are Origin only
Whitey 3 years ago
But the ones that show the Steam and Origin icon, how does that work. Surely they don't give both keys, do you confirm what platform you want when paying?
Whitey 3 years ago
Also would make more sense to replace one of the games with Dead Space 2, why give the original and the 3rd without the 2nd.
I'm assuming that you will get to pick on your product page or you could get both
Who knows , it might be added at a later date or it might not
Just bought the bundle
Well done. May it be the first of many. I'm not getting it right now but I will next week
Check your E-mail in a few min
Whitey 3 years ago
Wish they had an option to show in pounds though so you know exactly how much you're paying.