Xbox One launch countries cut from 21 to 13

Xbox Wire has confirmed that the original 21 markets due to receive the console at launch has been cut to 13, although don't worry as it's still coming to us here in the UK this November.

Here's the list of countries getting the November launch:

Australia
Austria
Brazil
Canada
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Mexico
Spain
United Kingdom
United States
New Zealand

"Our priority is ensuring our customers get the best Xbox One experience the first day it is available. To do that, and in order to meet demand, we have adjusted the number of markets that will receive Xbox One in November to 13 markets, including Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom, United States and New Zealand, in November.

"We remain committed to launching Xbox One in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, as soon as possible in 2014."

It was rumoured this morning by Gamereactor that the console would be delayed. We refrained from posting as we knew that the Xbox One would still arrive in the UK in November, however it seems that website was referring to the Nordic launch.

Edited On 14 Aug, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Gotta feel for the people in one of e eight countries that are losing launch consoles. Imagine being told your pre-order has been delayed until after Christmas. Bummer!
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
That sucks heres hoping it will be released as soon as for them.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
Guess this means a lot of cancel Xbox One Pre order and a lot of PS4 in those 8 Countries :) I don't presume those 8 countries can get the Day 1 Achivement
WTF Microsoft
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Microsoft having to scale back the Xbone launch when some have been so adamant that the PS4 was the console headed for launch difficulties is somewhat amusing. Interesting to note that it seems MS aren't launching in Japan this year... though to be honest that's actually one of the smartest moves they've made in recent times. Even in a healthy Japan games market they'd have no chance, so seeing as the Japanese console market is right now in a state of slow implosion, they really are better off out of it. In fact I think Sony would be wise to do likewise with PS4. Hold off on a Japanese launch until home consoles start showing signs of life over there again... or until they have a title release ready that'll drive sales of the console at launch, because lets face it, no way do FFXV or Kingdom Hearts 3 launch this side of 2015.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
PS4 is having launch difficulties, as anyone preordering a PS4 after Aug 5, are not guaranteed to get one, and will probably have to wait until after Christmas. I think knowing you will not get a console by Christmas is better than thinking you will but then do not, as there are not enough consoles to meet demand worldwide
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
"Not guaranteed to get one" is slightly different to "we are delaying launch in your country"
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
To be fair, people can just buy from another country seeing as there's no region lock, if they are really that desperate to get one.
If people want one they WILL get one, I'm sure there will be over 100 on Ebay after launch
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
@Whitey you won't be able to go online on Xbox One, so no Day 1 update and that means no working Xbone
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Why won't you be able to go online?
Cos it will connect to your regions server
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 3 years ago
So countries like Poland, Portugal or Turkey fucked up completely? They not even in second list...
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I wouldn't care as UK isn't effected. But as per usual, Tony is proven to be a big XBOX mark.
robioto's avatar
robioto 3 years ago
Brilliant MS, your marketing and launch build up gets better and better.
No Poland yet The Witcher 3 is a Polish game, always makes me laugh
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
I saw this coming to a degree, they weren't planning on releasing it worldwide to begin with, so of course their supply is stretched, they should have done what Sony did with the cut off date though, it would have been fairer.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
Which is better? They delay launch to a county and a country misses out, or they ship worldwide and half the world misses out? Alternatively they could have held back the consoles for another year and launched them all at the same time when enough were made. Neither Sony or MS are superhuman, and have magic wands to create enough consoles for EVERYONE on day one. I am not a MS or Sony fanatic, just being realistic and sensible. Delaying launch in a country is no biggie, Sony did it to the PS3 for EU. It is better than being "no guarantee". MS are just making sure everyone on a country gets one, Sony are releasing it worldwide, and will leave half the world happy as they got one, and the other half of the world unhappy / distressed that they missed the boat. People who place preorders now for PS4 will be wondering if they will get one or not (which can get really stressful as you keep checking emails and order info daily to see it is being shipped or whatever), but people who preorder Xbox ONE will know they will get one when it officially launches, and you enjoy the console when it finally comes without added stress.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
LOL what? I ordered PS4 before august 5th so I'll get one at launch whenever that is I'm not stressed out one bit. It doesn't matter which way around they do it as the same amount of consoles will be made, but the Sony way is fairer to those that ordered it why should someone in the UK that orders one at the last minute be put in front of someone from Russia who ordered one at reveal?
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
I think the US and UK are their major markets so it would make sense to focus on them first and make some good early money, then they can focus on the other countries. I pre-ordered Xbox a while back so I should be sorted for that, as for PS4 I probably won't get one until next year so I'm not bothered about launch day.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
@ imerle: If you preordered before Aug 5th then you have nothing to worry about, but there are people out there who have not prordered yet. I bet most of the preorders are taken by people who do not want to have and use, but to sell on ebay or whatever for £1000 or more. I have not preordered yet as was waiting on Gamescom because there was not PS4 exclusives that interest me, yet there was 9 Xbox ONE titles that interest me. If I preorder now, I will be stressed about it. I would much rather it get delayed then I would know for sure, but then you would get annoyed by that. At the end of the day, there is going to be annoyed people. You are happy I am annoyed, because if I want one after Gamescom then I have missed the boat, and over 3 months is not last minute.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
9 Xbox one titles really? I didn't even know 9 were announced, would you mind listing them? Not preordering yet is your own fault, I had both ordered straight away just to make sure I had my name down but canceled my One order when I decided.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
Dead Rising 3, Project Spark, Ryse, Killer Instinct, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, D4, Halo 5, Forza 5. I can still preorder a Xbox ONE and know I will get it. You should not have to preorder straight away, and it is not my fault, it is Sonys fault for not handling the launch better.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
You had the option to order and you didn't. Your fault not Sony's. you didn't have to order straight away you had months to order, I never had any intention of getting both I just got my name down to make sure I could get one of them, it's called playing it smart. You wouldn't be thinking like you are if you were from one of the countries that has basically been told 'you're not important', it should be done on a first come first serve basis, not playing favorites because of where you're from. BTW Project spark is on this gen also, and Killer instinct comes with ONE character and isn't even been developed by the studio that made the other titles.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
Anyway I'll pick this up in the morning I'm off to bed.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
There are 15 exclsuives altogether http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407883/xbox-one-15-platform-exclusives-8-new-franchises-in-development/ but 9 took my fancy. The only exclusives on PS4 are The Order, Drive Club, Killzone, Knack and infamous - killzone and infamous were not all that great on PS3, and the only one that takes my fancy is The Order. The Xbox ONE is the better console to get on launch day / during 2014, but the PS4 could be the best long term console as no doubt the games will come eventually I do not see it as "we are not important", but that more people are preordering the consoles than they expected, and they have to make adjustments - it happens everywhere -when our ISP rolled out broadband or updates the service it never happens everywhere at once and have to wait, and chances are it is people preordering just to get one to make a profit on ebay. If it was November or even October, then I would not expect to get a console but should be able to preorder up until the beginning of October and get one. Like I said you can still preorder a Xbox ONE and get the day One edition, but can not get a PS4? That is Sonys fault, not mine.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
People keep saying that there will be people buying the next gen consoles to sell on Ebay for like £1000 but seriously I don't know why anyone would pay double from someone on Ebay, no one is that desperate.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
it happened with the Wii two Christmases in a row. Stock so low and people so desperate for them that the standard £180 box was selling on fleabay for £600
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
What MS is doing is worse than Sony, Sony realised they might not be able to match demand and have informed companies that they should start warning preorderers that they might not get a launch console. I have a deposit down on mine in a shop and I expect a phonecall when they get their allowance confirmed to ask if I want to go ahead (the answer would be yes). MS on the other hand have realised they can't match demand and have pulled support from 8 markets. MS have likely lost all of Finland to the PS4 because I would say that the Finns play more games than the Spaniards I know I certainly play with more Finns.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
Sonys way is worse as it has us gamers at each others throats. There is more chance of people buying PS4s to sell on ebay for double the price due to the limited stock, than Xbox ONE - if your mate has one and you don't then you will more likely get one as long as you can afford it. Also imerle is rubbing oor noses in the fact that he is smart and I am an idiot for not preordering already, and he does not want a delay because it means he has to wait and stuff everyone who has not preordered because we are all losers. If a country gets delayed is to be expected if it ends up being a huge demand and everyone is in the same boat, or people can bash the companies instead of fellow gamers. Now for the UK if I decide to get a next gen console at christmas it is going to have to be Xbox ONE (PS4 is out of the running), so the UK loses out, let alone the Finns or Spaniards. If Sony have no awesome new games to show at Gamescom then it matters not about the PS4 stock shortages, and is better getting a Xbox ONE and then maybe trading in for PS4 *IF* PS4 starts to get the games, and Xbox ONE gets behind, but knowing MS they will do whatever it takes to be the leader, even it means taking a loss, as they did for the first Xbox.
Tony just give it a rest already
madeinwales's avatar
madeinwales 3 years ago
Dead Rising3 and Killer Instinct are the only two games that interest me, im in no rush to buy the X1, six month wait doesn't bother me. Same goes for the ps4
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
If PS4 starts to get games? What the fuck are you smoking? PS4's launch window list is about the same as Xbox's (look at the release dates for your 15 exclusives! Most are mid-end 2014) None of Sony's games are kinect/Move exclusives. How is PS4 out of the running for christmas? Sony have stated "pre-order after august 6th are not guaranteed for launch" not that you'll never get one. Jesus H Christ, people need to learn to read and take in detail and logically process what is said instead on just bashing their face on a keyboard hoping we wont notice that you've got fuck all idea of what you're on about. Microsoft have fucked up, plain and simple.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Which SONY gamers are at each others throats? you're saying that the PS4 should be delayed for EVERYONE because some people didn't pre-order early enough? And your XBOX love in and Sony hate is just getting annoying now. You could simplify the long posts down to 'SONY SUCKS AND I DONT WANT THEM OUT AT SAME TIME AS XBOX'
I wouldn't have necessarily put it like that Brooker but you have got a point, I have no idea what he is talking about (Mainly cos I skim long posts)
ASC's avatar
ASC 3 years ago
This change doesn't affect the number of consoles sold on day 1. What it does do is let microsoft get higher attachment levels in their core countries - by refusing to honour preorders (for day 1) in the 8 countries they dropped from launch. Btw the reason Sony no longer guarantee day 1 for new preorders is not nessesarily because they are producing less machines for launch - but becuase there are more ps4 preorders already placed thanks to all the bad press Xbox one has gone through since announcement and the fact that PS4 preorders started months earlier
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
Tony, are you: a) a moron b) an MS fanboy or c) all of the above? First come first serve is the only fair policy in a case like this, you wouldn't have the same point of view if you were from one of the excluded countries and thats a fact. Sony should be commended for their fairness in this policy, unlike MS who once again (like with their original xbone policies) show they care nothing for whats right or fair when it comes to their customers. If you were from another country and were told by MS you had to wait a few more months for your xbone because we have to take care of the Americans and British first, how would you feel then? MS care nothing for fairness, wake up....
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
We really need the ability to quote and use paragraphs! At least I could respond to each point as needed.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Well I have both preordered when they were announced so as long as I get them on release I don't care about anyone else. I know it's selfish but hey I will be happy.