Dragon's Crown dated for Europe

Vanillaware's Dragon's Crown will release in Europe on October 11 and Australia and New Zealand on October 10.

The 2D beat 'em up originally launched in Japan on July 25 and was later launched in North America on August 6, featuring four player co-op and six character classes.

NIS America will be responsible for publishing the PS3 and PS Vita title in these regions.

Edited On 15 Aug, 2013

Comments
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
Can't wait for this! Had to pre-order both versions. I know a lot of people have likened it to D&D and Golden Axe etc. just surprised I've never seen anyone mention how similar it is to Treasure's "Guardian Heroes"
I don't know why but this game just isn't appealing to me, odds are I'll still buy it though
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Guardian Heroes and Golden Axe 2 buzz words that now have me interested in this
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
I've always been a massive fan of the side scrolling beat em up and Guardian Heroes is one of my fav games of all time. This game looks just as good but with even more depth plus the hand-painted artwork is beautiful and a very rare thing to see in gaming. Is anyone else here gonna be up for getting involved in some 4 player co-op? Most of my friends are only into FPS and Sports games :(
Oh & there is the fact that I don't really like playing with people
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Sniggers at Nox sorry I am immature. Yeah I would be up for some co op
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
haha, had to hold back from making any crude jokes myself there :p Well send me an add request, my PS username is the same as the one I use on this site
Why? I don't get it
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Will add you either later tonight or over the weekend. You probably dont get it nox because you dont like playing with people :P
I think I get it but I'm not sure
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
>XD oh lulz
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Been playing this over the weekend and yeah, Guardian Heroes/Golden Axe is a pretty spot on comparison to make, though DC does have much more focus on the RPG/loot farming elements than I recall GH having. It looks superb in motion and it's great fun to play so far, but I could see it getting repetitive fairly quickly for some... plus I'm not a fan of the way the game ties blocking, running and attacking to a single button. Gets awkward sometimes.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
When I said "This game looks just as good but with even more depth" I was actually referring to the RPG/loot farming elements you mentioned. Guardian Heroes had a few RPG elements like leveling up for stronger physical and magical attacks but DC as I said has more depth in this field(from what I've heard). Another thing, if I can get half the play time out of this that I did out of Guardian Heroes or Streets of Rage II it will have been worth every penny :)
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
Can't wait to play this, good job theres lots of games coming out to hold me over till October.
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
Oh and it was confirmed that the artbook was coming with pre-orders too although no retailer has been stated yet, i hope they don't give the exclusive to Game.
It will be Game
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
*sigh*
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Just came back from Holiday to find this along with the artbook waiting for me. Pretty excited about playing it but must be good lol. Nice to see us UK folk are getting it. But sucks that everyone won't get the artbook. It's beautiful.