Season Pass Guarantee allows access for 360 and Xbox One

Microsoft's new Season Pass Guarantee will give you automatic access to Season Passes for Xbox One games that you've bought on Xbox 360.

There is the minor detail of having to buy the actual game again on Xbox One, but at least you can use the same season pass for the likes of Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4.

What do you think?

Edited On 15 Aug, 2013

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Good going really. If you're having to buy it again, it's good to know you can rely ont he season pass.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Best thing MS have done so far for this new generation. Instant brownie points. I'm impressed.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Is this hinting that the release for the xbox one is going to be after the release of cod ghost and battlefield 4?
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I would say it's hinting that those that pick up their games for the 360 before they get around to buying the XB1 won't have to pay for their DLC again
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Makes alot of sense that :)
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I really like the idea. I'm not getting my PS4 until next year. It would be cool to know that if I re-bought franchise favourites like Battlefield and Assassins Creed, on the PS4, that the DLC allowance would come with me. Hats off to MS, that's a stroke of marketing genius
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
One question is this just if you buy a season pass or will it cover any dlc you purchases lets say you buy only the first map pack of COD.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I would say, just as a guess, it's probably just season passes. the amount of cross gen games coming would mean it's not really financially viable for publishers to do it for all DLC.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
they're encouraging people to fork out for the same game twice is all... in my eyes a season pass counts as digital goods as opposed to physical goods, meaning it costs nothing to manufacture so it should bloody well not have to be bought again for the same game regardless... they've turned something that should be a given into what looks like a plus... stroke of marketing genius?.... agreed...
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Sounds a lot like the cross-buy DLC you get on PSN, though that applies to individual pieces of DLC rather than just season passes. Or does this initiative apply to single pieces of DLC across 360/Xbone as well? Also, did I read that this will only apply through to the end of 2013 yesterday?
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
the way that accounts work, i imagine all DLC youve paid for is crossable. realistically though EA are ditching online passes (woo) so Bf4 isnt really a problem
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
So the season passes (digital purchase) will carry over but they expect people to rebuy things like Minecraft.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Think there excuse for mine craft is that it will have larger worlds draw distance and so on. Yeah we should get it if we already had. The only way I will get it again is if they allow you to share a world with friends so that everyone could play it without the creator being online. With the cloud it shouldnt be a problem.