Tuesday Chat, August 20

It's gamescom conference day. Things kick off first with Microsoft's showcase, which will not be streamed but which will bring some big news surrounding a big deal and perhaps even some new games.

Next up is EA with it's conference no doubt focusing on games such as FIFA 14, Titanfall, Battlefield 4 and more.

Finally Sony will wrap things up with a focus on PS4 and to lesser extent PS3 and PS Vita.

So what are you expecting from the above? Who do you think will make the best impression? and finally, will the results of today help you decide or possibly even change your mind on what console to pre-order?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 20 Aug, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Joe, weren't you supposed to be at GC this week? Looking forward to the streams/news. Not particularly excited for anything at the moment. The constant stream of fanboyism, negative press and just baseless bullshit rumour across the internet is leaving me a little fatigued. Finding it very difficult to give a shit about this next generation at the moment
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I agree Brooker it is becoming draining even the Boss let his fanboy side out last night after just catching up with the FIFA story but we still have 3 months of this to endure till we see the consoles.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Yeah, The Boss last night left me equal parts laughing and rolling my eyes! I'm as guilty as anyone, I get all caught up in the arguments, but I'm just a little tired of the illogical, ill informed arguments by people that simply don't want to hear another side of the argument, no matter what.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
The only thing I would of added to the debate last night would be Microsoft getting in to bed with EA might not be the best thing for gamers. EA scrapped there online pass Microsoft were trying to regulate the preowned market just have a feeling something is bubbling away and is going to appear very soon.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Oh yes! We are all gonna be hip deep in shit in a couple of years if those two companies are getting as cosy as rumour suggests!
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
It won't change my Pre order decision, since Sony will have best gaming Platform
Don't give a shit ;)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
The only thing I'm bothered about is the ps4 release date so I can manage my savings.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Off topic I am top of the fantasy football league gonna make the most of it as wont be there for long.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
I could have made at most 3 more points with my team, but there is still a game to play this week so I have a chance if Chelsea destroy Villa like they should.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
I would like a vita price drop before christmas
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I have two Chelsea players and one villa player so there's still points for me to gain!
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
On another note I have loads of Tiffany jewellery for sale if anyone wants it :)
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I have two Seahawks players and a few patriots if that helps?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I still have 2 Chelsea players to play again so might keep my top spot till next weekend.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Troublemaker, I was saying last night that Kinect may have some good uses, well I think this is pretty cool... http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/gamescom-project-spark you can make custom character animations using your body gestures and facial expressions, and even make audio and cut scenes using your own voice dialog.