gamescom 2013: FIFA 14 included with every EU Xbox One pre-order

Microsoft and EA have announced that every Xbox One preordered in Europe will come with FIFA 14 included for free.

FIFA 14 will come as a digital download, not as a physical disc bundled with the console, and will be available as stocks last.

Microsoft announced the news during their Gamescom 2013 Presentation.

Here's the official word from Microsoft:

"All pre-order Xbox One consoles in launch countries in Europe (including the UK) this Christmas  will include a digital version of a blockbuster game, and the first of these bundles will be the best-selling sports franchise FIFA 14 (available while stocks last).  All pre-orders to date and pre-orders from today will include FIFA 14, while stocks last"

"Xbox is the best place to play games and we’re excited to offer customers these exclusive pre-order FIFA 14 bundles for both Xbox 360 and Xbox One at fantastic value.  We know just how popular this franchise is to our fans and our Xbox One bundle in particular is our gift to those who pre-order early," said Phil Harrison, Corporate Vice President, Microsoft.

FIFA 14 comes to Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on 27 September in Europe, and will be available on Xbox One & PS4 from launch

Edited On 20 Aug, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I said I'd tip my hat and admit I was wrong. I am, and I do. A good job from MS to get a few extra pre-orders. I'm impressed, mildly.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
A free game is always good. Also looks like there may be some hat tipping :)
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Still won't sell me. Unfortunately, I have about as much interest in the nutritional benefits of fox shit as I do in FIFA. But still, a relatively decent coup.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Surely retailers wont be happy as I would guess thats a big chunk of christmas profits gone for there bank accounts.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
There will still be loads bought for the 360, ps3 and so on so they wont lose out that much. But yeah if you werent interested before then I cant see this making much difference.
Joey B's avatar
Joey B 3 years ago
If I've pre-ordered my xbox one from shopto, do you think I'll get Fifa too. I was a bit worried about the use of "While Stocks Last" used so many times in that story
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
As long as you have it preordered you should be fine, it will probably be for the first batch of preorders and once they are gone thats it.
Joey B's avatar
Joey B 3 years ago
Ok cool, I've got Fifa 14 pre-ordered too. I'll need to cancel that, all my pre-orders I've paid for, £983 of pre-orders, once I've cancelled my Fifa order I'll use the balance and get CoD Ghosts I think. Thanks for your help ZF
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Wow, with preorders only... guess all those stories about pitifully low preorder numbers in Europe were bang on the money. A free game download is nice and all, but I can't believe once again MS aren't giving customers any choice in the matter. What about those who don't care about FIFA? Should have offered a choice here. Also, worth pointing out once more that it would still cost significantly less to buy a PS4 with FIFA than to buy an Xbone, so this is likely to do little more than provide a minor boost to flagging preorders.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
You wont be able to get COD from here shopto do not do Activision games something to do with the shipping and so on. I will be paying for my PS4 and Xbox at the end of the month.
Joey B's avatar
Joey B 3 years ago
Oh really, I didn't know that, I wondered why it wasn't in there catalogue. How strange
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Simple solution would of been to offer FIFA or Battlefield 4 that would of pleased most people
Joey B's avatar
Joey B 3 years ago
Yeah, both EA games, I'm getting them both so I'm not fussed. But a lot of people don't like Fifa so BF4 would have been the best choice
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah I am sure it is something to do with how activision want them sent the day before release but shop to wont do that as it cant guarantee you will get it in time. It would have been better getting a choice. Also if you add FIFA to a PS4 now it is only about £30 price difference so its not that cheaper (even less somewhere like game that will probably charge £60 for FIFA)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
But then you have age restrictions that come into it then as well.
Samka's avatar
Samka 3 years ago
I'm not a Fifa fan so this doesn't bother me or interest me in the slightest but I can see my boyfriend being impressed by this (still no chance we'll preorder the XBone though). It's a decent effort by MS but the lack of choice over game is a definite drawback and it completely smacks of desperation for more pre-orders.
Joey B's avatar
Joey B 3 years ago
Will they sell CoD Ghosts after pre-orders have stopped and its just on general sale. I can wait a few days to get it. I've got 8 other games coming for the One, and I'm sure i'll still be busy with GTA V
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Think it is just in general. I have had to go to GAME for my copy same with Diablo 3 as for some reason they don't want to sell the xbox 360 version just the PS3 and 4. Planning on getting the prestige of COD but they did not have the xbox one version in the system last time i was in the shop.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Well day one ebay is going to be flooded with people selling the code but not sure who to as everyone will have it.
Why would someone pay that much for COD: Ghosts Prestige?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
It comes with the season pass which will make it roughly the same price if bought separate and I have points to use so I will get it cheaper.
Is it not like £170?
Yup it's £180
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah my bad I meant the hardened one :) Don't think i would ever pay that for one game.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
Not too surprised, EA will profit in future from this by getting more people buying into the yearly FIFA franchise. Personally I'll take the £430 I could've spent on the xbone and get myself a PS4 and *two* top games *of my choice"
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 3 years ago
Getting a free game is all well and good until you realise that the Xbox One + Gold + the free pre order copy of FIFA 14 is more expensive than PS4 & PS+ and a full price copy of FIFA 14.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
I pay £160 for GT5 Signature Edition. So Tier 2 2014 countries won't get this deal :(
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 3 years ago
great i get a game i have no interest in, don't care if its free i don't want it or need it, ill just eBay it or simply bin it as i am planning on doing with kinect yes that's right people im going to bin my kinect unless they bring out a kinect-less xbox one then itll buy that version.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Just occurred to me that Microsoft has basically just shat all over retailers' chances of selling copies of FIFA 14 on Xbone with this move... that's going to piss off the high street stores especially. I would not be surprised in the least if this results in GAME and the like really pushing unofficial bundle deals of PS4s with FIFA when the time comes.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Achievables who you gonna ebay it to everyone will have the code there is going to be no second hand market for it I would guess the code will only be valid to 31 December or something like that.
Ok I'm away, I just realized I spend WAY to much time here
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Didn't I say last night it would be a digital download! I wish they gave a better game though, I have no interest in FIFA at all. Also, has gamescom already happened? thought it was like 2pm it started.
CamBoyce's avatar
CamBoyce 3 years ago
I preordered my xb1 about a month ago. Will I still get fifa or do I have to order it again?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
You will be fine they will just take a wee while to update it all in the systems.
Careful Whitey, with predictions like that kevin will be thinking you are one of those insiders he thinks NeoGAF are full of.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 3 years ago
@Bindiana, its for pre orders only so im gussing not every one who want the xbox one will pre order due to money problems, not everyone is willing to throw £700+ at a new console, decent-ish headset and 4 games are they? so ill ebay my fifa 14 so the people who haven't pre ordered it can get it cheaper then what retailers would be selling the disc version for and ill sell my xbox one fifa 14 for £30 easy!
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 3 years ago
@PikaNox. your comment "Now I'm rushing to Pre-order this. Best thing would have been that every Pre-order came with 1 game from a a choice of 5 games, that way you would cater to everyone" i agree 100% with this they should give us a choice to pick from say 3-5 games, coz not everything one likes fifa, if i could choose id pick battlefield 4.