gamescom 2013: PS Plus getting Assassin's Creed III in September and PS4 Plus details

Sony have announced that users who have signed up to the PS Plus service will be getting Assassin's Creed III through the service free of charge from September.

Sony also announced a brand new deal where people who purchase a year's subscription to the service, from tomorrow until the PS4 launch, will gain an extra 90 days for free. New Playstation 4 members will also be allowed to sample the Playstation Plus service for 14 days.

DriveClub and the newly announced Resogun will included as part of the Playstation 4 PS Plus line up from the console's launch.

Edited On 20 Aug, 2013

Comments
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
14 days is kind of shit... even the free trials that come with games nowadays are for 30 days. Guess they don't want to give too much away at launch. Still, Rezogun(Wish it was a proper Stardust sequel btw, but it still looks great) joining the already announced PS4 IGC titles is nice... if not exactly a surprise for some of us ;)
Dan 3 years ago
It bugs me how they give free time to those who buy a year. I've been subscribed since day one, and will continue to be subscribed for years to come, yet it works out easier for me to budget £11.99 every 90 days than a £40 charge once a year. So I do buy a year, and I actually pay a little more for it.... F*** me right?
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
It is a bit of a slap to those that only subscribe quarterly. But I gotta admit, anyone that pays full price for PS+ is crazy! I've subbed since day one, and never paid full price! Whether it's with cheap PSN credit or Deals on 365 day subs, i will never pay £40 for Plus. Last deal I took, was £26 for 365 day code from Amazon. HotUKDeals is a great place to keep an eye on. My sub goes to Aug31st 2016, and it's cost me around £150 total from day one to that!
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Can you keep adding subs then thats interesting. I bought mine a few months ago for £32 but if I see any bargains now its worth purchasing then.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Absolutely! https://twitter.com/Brooker411/status/312640663093145601/photo/1
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
"anyone that pays full price for PS+ is crazy!" really? bit of an exaggeration... So yea you can save yourself a few quid, but doesn't make you crazy if you don't. At £40 for 12 months I'm paying £3.33 a month, less than a pint of beer and nearly half the price of netflix. Got it two months ago (so, so far I've spent £6.66) and have been enjoying a whole host of really good games for my PS3 and Vita. The time I'd spend on getting offers etc. would probably not be worth the few quid I'd save. Prometheus Fan, 14 days is kind of shit? never look a gift horse in the mouth, anything free is a already a bonus. 1 day would be shit and I've heard Payday 2 has a free trial you can d/l which lets you play for an hour, thats shit. 2 whole weeks of free games inc. Driveclub for PS4 is certainly not "kind of shit"
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Considering the amount of deals that are out there to be found, I'd say that anyone that doesn't grab a deal of some description is, in fact, crazy. Sony regularly run an offer where it's £30 instead of £40, It's not like I said "Anyone paying full price is so lacking in brain power that they should be taken behind the building, covered in lime jelly and beaten repeatedly with a large black dildo" I think crazy is a perfectly acceptable word to use.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
"Considering the amount of deals that are out there to be found, I'd say that anyone that doesn't grab a deal of some description is, in fact, crazy." Maybe crazy..... but in my case just lazy :)
I paid £40 for PS+ from the PSN Store
Mind you I used my review winnings to get it
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
You want a medal?
No but a cookie would be nice
I'm starving
We need a competition back, add some spring to this place
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I need to find something better to do with my time than trying to bring logic and reason to the uneducated minority. I just get wound up