gamescom 2013: PS4 launch window line-up revealed

Sony has issued a list of PS4 games that will be released before the end of 2013. There will be a total of 33 games including 15 on Blu-ray.

Here's the full list:

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (Blu-ray/digital)
Basement Crawl (digital)
Battlefield 4 (Blu-ray/digital)
Blacklight (digital)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Blu-ray/digital)
Contrast (digital)
DC Universe Online (digital)
Doki-Doki Universe (digital)
DriveClub (Blu-ray/digital)
FIFA 14 (Blu-ray/digital)
Flower (digital)
Hohokum (digital)
Just Dance 2014 (Blu-ray/digital)
Killzone: Shadow Fall (Blu-ray/digital)
Knack (Blu-ray/digital)
Lego Marvel Superheroes (Blu-ray/digital)
Madden NFL 25 (Blu-ray/digital)
Minecraft (digital)
N++ (digital)
NBA Live (Blu-ray/digital)
NBA 2K14 (Blu-ray/digital)
Need for Speed: Rivals (Blu-ray/digital)
Pinball Arcade (digital)
Planetside 2 (digital)
Pool Nation Extreme (digital)
ResoGun (digital)
Skylanders: Swap Force (Blu-ray/digital)
Super Motherload (digital)
The Playroom (preinstalled)
Tiny Brains (digital)
Warframe (digital)
War Thunder (digital)
Watch_Dogs (Blu-ray/digital)

The PlayRoom will also be pre-installed on all systems and if you have PS Plus you'll get hold of Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition and ResoGun at no extra cost.

Sony also confirmed that there are a whopping 180 PlayStation 4 games in development from both first-party and third-party studios, with the number of developers on PS4 since June 2013 now at 620.

Edited On 21 Aug, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
"Launch Window" is always a bit of a dodgy way to put it. It's the abbreviation of "we want them ready for launch, but can't guarantee it just yet. Unfortunately, it means comparing it to the XB1 list is almost impossible! Still, hopefully they'll all be out by the time I buy my console. ALSO, I notice Infamous is missing from that list. Hoping the delay for that game won't be too long!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
This list is before the end of 2013 TM. So no Infamous till march-ish would explain it. There is about 9 games I could get there and be extremely pleased with my purchase.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Infamous is dated for Q1 2014 so thats why its not in the list all these games will be out within a month from launch.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Yeah, I know. I was just silently hoping that it's be a launch window title
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Over both consoles I am really struggling to find something to get excited over on launch the only thing I am really looking forward to is Infamous.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
I'm struggling to NOT pre-order my PS4. Killzone: Shadow Fall is a system seller for me. If I can only afford the machine and that game for a year, I'd be a happy chappy! Knack looks great too.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Killzone or Battlefield for myself. Battlefield is my two RL friends buying the console opt for it, Killzone for the offline side if they don't. Had Destiny been available for launch then that alone would have been the single game I get at launch. Still, it's a decent list and one or two may sneak their way onto my Christmas list.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Can see about 10 games there I'd want... thank Christ I have Plus already at least, so I'd be getting two of them for free. Takes a bit of the sting out of the poitential cost. Nice that Playroom is free, but really, it needed to be, seeing as it's basically a hybrid game/console tutorial/tech demo in similar style to Welcome Park on Vita from the looks of it. Seems to be heavily built around the camera too, which is sold seperately. Guess there was something in those stories about it originally coming as standard with the console after all.
Tbh there is only one game there that I want. Cookie to anyone who can guess what it is
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Is it Just Dance 4 Nox? Also the level they were showing from Killzone just reminded me a bit of a level from Halo Reach. Quite disappointing Infamous is not on the list so looks like it will just be Killzone for me for now oh and driveclub thanks to Ps plus wooooo.
ASC's avatar
ASC 3 years ago
For those that have not noticed, Infamous is listed in store for release date (29/11/2013). Maybe its not out for america on the 15th, but looks like we should be able to get it same time as the console
*Takes the cookies and eats them*
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 3 years ago
Flower, really?
He is talking about Infamous David
ASC's avatar
ASC 3 years ago
Indeed, about Infamous, also i'm just guessing as to why its not on the release list - for all i know its just an oversight
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Only games there that interest me are, AC4, BF4, NFS and Watch dogs. All of which I can play a better version of on PC.