gamescom 2013: Wednesday Chat, August 21

With all that gamescom new yesterday it's probably pretty obvious what our subject is today.

So what did you think of yesterday's news? Microsoft had some interesting news, giving away FIFA 14 for free with all consoles and of course, revealing Fable Legends. EA was also busy giving plenty of new information on existing games.

Sony had the biggest show in terms of new game reveals and with news of an 160 games in development for PS4, a release date and a price cut for PS3 and PS Vita, there is certainly plenty to talk about.

So, Let's Chat!

Edited On 21 Aug, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
'twas a good day for news. Nothing special or groundbreaking for me, personally. Except for the surprise of Borderlands on Vita. Sony dropped the ball with their release dates I think. Good to have a date, but it's a little late in the year for the EU release. I think MS might actually be able to capitalise on it and release early.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Also, Sony really need to quit with the digging at MS. As a bit of a fanboy, it's hilarious. BUT, it's coming off as arrogant and self-serving and whether or not they deserve to be, they need to tone it down a bit. Before it bites them in the arse. Plus, it's just unprofessional.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I was disappointed with both showings really. I did like some of the Indie showing from Sony but disappointed there were no new games announced. The Microsoft EA partnership worries me get the feeling something bad is coming for consumers. The launch line ups for both are a bit meh to me.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I was the same as you Brooker did chuckle when they said we have kept to our decisions but straight after thought it was a bit unnecessary an unprofessional
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
I was more impressed by xbox this time round but they were mainly announcing stuff that sony had done on e3.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Glad to finally have a date, and I agree with the unprofessional part with Sony taking snide swipes at MS. It's not needed and won't help their cause any. The use of the Vita/PS4 to play the same game excited me, although I know there is the same function (albeit limited) with the PS3/Vita/PSP. Other than that, it wasn't a massive set of news but it has given me a timescale of which to save those pennies in. Now who wants to buy one of my kidneys?
All very meh to me.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeas was quite unprofessional, its not as though they have never messed up but people seem to forget that. They still need to announce more stuff for the VITA that are exclusive to it not just games that you could already get for a while dont get me wrong Borderlands is a great game but I dont see it being a system seller for the Vita. Also Kaysar I remeber reading a while ago someone in China sold there Kidney to buy an Ipad 2 and they got bout £2000 for it. Just wating for the Xbox one to sneak a release in before the PS4 now,
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
£2000?!?! Well, do I really need both of them? Hmmm, decisions, decisions.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Think you may need to keep one, although if you wake up in a bath of ice I am denying everything.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
What were the new game reveals from Sony? Xbox ONE looks like the console to get this year. PS4 could be the console for the long run, but for now it is weak in exclusive games, although MS have not even gotten started yet and things will all change over the years while they both establish themselves. Sony is big on talk, and then all fails to deliver. I am still waiting on the PS3 game from Team Ico since launch - Last Guradian. Gran Turismo 5 took ages to launch, and then when it was about to launch within a week or two, it got delayed another year!
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
You mean besides all those brand new, awesome looking indies? Seriously mate, take your lopsided logic elsewhere, you're talking out of your arse.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
What new games did Xbox reveal yesterday?
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
I only caught the last 40 minutes or so of the Sony conference, I tuned in towards the end of a trailer for something call 'Shadow fiend' or something like that and thought it looked pretty sick, ACIV continues to impress me despite me promising myself I wouldn't get it after ACIII but now I have the collectors edition preordered (DOH), the Watchdog movie in collaboration is something I don't care about I'm not even bothered by the game it just looks like a re-skinned AC to me, but after I thought that such a partnership is pretty much making future watch dog titles Sony exclusive, then there was Minecraft which made me want to groan and I did. It's nice to have a release date set in stone but the EU release is a bit of a shaft and those two weeks are going to be hell. Borderlands on Vita is cool, but I've already played the hell out of it on my 360 so unless it comes with the DLC or some exclusive content then I'll have to pass.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
I also find it funny how the PS4 is high in the preorder chart despite the fact that it's no longer even guaranteed.
Best thing about gamescom is Davids live reports ;)
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Why are you bringing up Last Guardian? And each to their own butvI would rather own the Ps4 games and content over the next year than what Microsoft are offering.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
More than just indies got announced, there was a slew of first party published titles also in Rime, Resogun, Helldivers, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and even a remake of Shadow of the Beast ffs! There was something like 30 games announced in all for PS4 yesterday, and while most weren't PS4 exclusive, guess how many of them are also confirmed as coming out on Xbone? Answer: zero. You really are talking out yer arse Tony. Plus, taking Minecraft exclusivity away from Microsoft is a huge loss for Xbone also, lets not forget that.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
I'm really really interested in Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, can't wait to see more
Richard 3 years ago
Lets just hope that Shopto have enough inventory to satisfy pre orders before the 6th :-)
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
“ " What new games did Xbox reveal yesterday?" - Exactly one as far as I can tell. A multiplayer Fable spin off of some sort. ” Pretty much my point.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
What MS are offering you are likely to get. I will get a PS4 when the PS4 actually offers it, I am not getting a PS4 and then have to wait a year or longer for a game. I bought the PS3 one year too early. GT5 was the only game I was interested in on the PS3. I bought one, just before its release, but then GT5 got delayed another year, and Last Guardian has taken the PS3 entire life and beyond (launch to release of next console) to get released. What I am saying is, I will get a PS4 when I see that what Sony say are coming, actually does get released.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
So you're buying a One for the three launch exclusive titles?
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
what in gods name makes you think you're gonna have to wait a year for a game for PS4. You know what? All I can see from you is "I said I'd buy an XB1, but now the PS4 looks like the better deal, i have to clutch at straws to justify why I won't buy one" Because those excuses up there, are the most pathetic and fanboyish things I have ever heard. Oh, GT5 was delayed. boohoo! GT6 is Out soon, 5 is history, MOVE ON.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
The One has 5 exclusive launch titles - Crimson Dragon, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Killer Instinct and Forza 5, but 9 overall (4 to come) I like the look of out of 15 that are coming. There are ZERO PS4 exclusives that interest ME *at launch* (so I am not talking BS at all). Plus there others like Watch Dogs, AC 4, Need for Speed Rivals, MGS 5 which are also on PS4, Over the years the PS4 may end up being the better console for me, but at launch and for the next year, it is Xbox ONE. Plus Blakes 7 and Halo is coming exclusively to Xbox, plus no doubt more TV shows too. I like TV too. Anyway be glad I am getting a Xbox ONE, means one more PS4 on the market and one happy PS4 fan.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 3 years ago
Microsoft told mevI would have to sign in every day. They told me digital was the way they were going this time. They told me I would be region locked. And Sony are the ones who don't stick to what they say? And who buys a console for one game and doesn't wait till the game is out? I smell bull....
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Your "interests YOU" argument falls short when you start bringing up old news and ancient history as a way to go anti-PS4. If there are more games for you on xb1, fine. JUST FUCKING SAY THAT. Don't try and convince me that the reason you don't want a PS4 is because you still haven't played the latest Team ICO game
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
What is everyones problem here? It constantly makes this site unattractive. I had to wait a year to get GT5 and I have MOVED ON, by learning not to get a console until a game is released. But GT5 is not the only game from Sony that is taking ages, but since the launch of the PS3, it was said there was a game coming from Team ICO, which I take is the Last Guardian and after 7 years later, it is still not released.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
Well if your deciding a 7 or so year investment on the first month then you're going to be disappointed, it's a marathon not a sprint. It sounds to me that you're just mad that you didn't get your preorder in before Aug 6th.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 3 years ago
Dear god. My problem, is a simple one. IDIOTS. I'm done.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
The main reason not to get an One is because they are still swapping and changing policies, software and hardware which means the console will be less tested and more prone to breaking, that for me is enough reason to give One the finger. This is coming from someone whose primary console this gen has been the 360. The only thing I'm upset about the One having is Dead rising 3, but I'm not buying a console for one freaking game.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
I am not an idiot I said the PS4 would not release until end of November and I was correct, yet you all were saying October.
I must say TONY isn't half as entertaining as David.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
MS main demographic is the 'dude-brah' crowd which is fair enough but I'm not a part of it so I won't be getting one, while Sony are going for a more broad approach, which can be seen in Knack a launch exclusive while MS haven't even announced anything that has more than brown and black in it's color palette.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
Actually you were saying the PS4 would be delayed until next year.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
That was before Sony said about Aug 6th and stock shortages. If it was delayed until 2014 then Aug 6th would not have been mentioned. I think TM is done not because I am an idiot but because I may be right, and is making a fool of himself with every post
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
Also I wasn't one of those saying an October release, I didn't even notice it was been thrown around, I was wrong though i was expect mid November not the last weekend of it.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
on another note.. anyone betting on tonights football? personally im sitting tonight out.
No, I'm a very sad little child so I can't bet on the footballs
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
No I've never placed a bet in my life, I have a very addictive personality, it's the same reason I don't drink.