Capcom has no plans for Monster Hunter 4 on PlayStation Vita

Disappointment for Vita Monster Hunter fans as Capcom has said it won't be releasing the title on the Sony handheld any time soon. Monster Hunter 4 launches next month in Japan and will only be released on 3DS for the time being.

"There's a limit to how long something can be continuously developed on the same hardware," said Haruhiro Tsujimoto. "The Monster Hunter series started out on the PlayStation 2, then on the PlayStation Portable. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd had reached the end of the line, and in order to meet new expectations, it was required for us to switch platforms."

"Games have ideal release periods, which also determine when their development begins. This resulted in our judgement of seeing the 3DS as the most desirable."

When specifically quizzed about a Playstation Vita version, Tsujimoto said Capcom had "no for now. We want to have as many people as possible play it on the 3DS, and we are only thinking about making it succeed."

Thanks Siliconera

Edited On 27 Aug, 2013

Comments
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Bit of a shame Vita owners will miss out. I'm sure I read somewhere that the reason MH is on Nintendo consoles now was to do with Sony not porting the Japanese version of one of the PSP MH to the US.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
It's long past the point where this coming out on Vita would do the console any notable good, but their reasoning of it being on 3DS because 3DS came out first is bullshit. The series is on Nintendo consoles only these days because Nintendo paid them a buttload of cash for exclusivity, which only seems to be coming to an end this year seeing as MH games are being announced on other consoles again. The head of Capcom US pretty much confirmed MH was in the works for the Vita at the NGP announcement conference a couple of years back as well... then never mentioned it again. Money was definitely involved in this case.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah they were most definatly paid for exclusive which is a shame as I think I would prefer it on the Vita the second stick makes all the difference for a game like this.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
"I'm sure I read somewhere that the reason MH is on Nintendo consoles now was to do with Sony not porting the Japanese version of one of the PSP MH to the US" - Actually I forgot about this! It was to do with the PS3 port of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd iirc. Never came out over here due to Capcom not making the game compliant with guidelines for PS3 releases in the US/EU (No trophies, no native network support). It was just a straight, minimum effort HD up-res of the PSP game. Sony wouldn't "bend the rules" to let them release it over here in that form and Capcom were pissed the story goes... I think...
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
Makes sense for them to deny it even if they're actually planning it, that way people buy it on the 3DS then when a better version comes out on the Vita they buy it again, it makes good business sense, the same way R* are denying GTA V going next gen, if they do decide to port it at some point I'm sure a hell of a lot of people would buy it again.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah that seems right as to what I have read.
GQRDY's avatar
GQRDY 3 years ago
dam , do you think that we might get a MHP3 on Vita, they have it out in Japan for the vita, and no release even for PSP here?
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
I honestly would not expect to see Capcom release any more titles on Vita.
I will buy a Vita if Capcpom release a new Power Stones and Namco bring over Tales of Hearts R and Tales of Innocence R. Just sayian
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
@PikeNox Hideo Baba have said: No Tales of R for the West unless Vita sales improve in America. Who need Monster Hunter, when you have Soul Sacrifice?
I know that but I still say games should come out before you buy the console, I'm never buying one if there is a chance the game I want won't come over
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Really couldnt get into soul sacrifice. Yeah it seems a bit silly not to release games then complain that the console is not selling as there are no games on it.
Example: If Project Zero 4 was announced to be coming to the Wii U in Europe if I bought a Wii U right now, I would.Ditto with Tales and the PSV but alas it won't happen