Saints Row IV has launched straight in at Number 1 in the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 this week. It’s the third 2013 UK Number 1 for Deep Silver this year, an feat matched only by EA.
Ubisoft’s Splinter Cell Blacklist debuts in second place with Disney Infinity rounding off a top three of new entries at the peak of the charts. Disney’s game managed to sell 3.6 times as many starter packs units in its launch week than Activision Skylanders achieved.
Saints Row 4 fell short of beating the week one performance of the previous title Saints Row: The Third, however, although it does manage to become the fourth biggest launch of 2013 behind Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite and Naughty Dog's The Last of Us.
Here’s the UK Top 20 for the week ending August 24th:
1. Saints Row IV (Deep Silver)
2. Splinter Cell Blacklist (Ubisoft)
3. Disney Infinity (Disney)
4. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
6. FIFA 13 (EA)
7. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
8. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
9. The Last of Us (Sony)
10. The Bureau: XCom Declassified (2K Games)
11. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
12. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
13. LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Warner)
14. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
15. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
16. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
17. Grand Theft Auto IV (Rockstar)
18. Payday 2 (505 Games)
19. The Smurfs 2 (Bethesda)
20. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)