Saints Row 4 tops UK Charts - Wub Wub

Saints Row IV has launched straight in at Number 1 in the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 this week. It’s the third 2013 UK Number 1 for Deep Silver this year, an feat matched only by EA.

Ubisoft’s Splinter Cell Blacklist debuts in second place with Disney Infinity rounding off a top three of new entries at the peak of the charts. Disney’s game managed to sell 3.6 times as many starter packs units in its launch week than Activision Skylanders achieved.

Saints Row 4 fell short of beating the week one performance of the previous title Saints Row: The Third, however, although it does manage to become the fourth biggest launch of 2013 behind Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite and Naughty Dog's The Last of Us.

Here’s the UK Top 20 for the week ending August 24th:

1. Saints Row IV (Deep Silver)
2. Splinter Cell Blacklist (Ubisoft)
3. Disney Infinity (Disney)
4. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
6. FIFA 13 (EA)
7. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
8. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
9. The Last of Us (Sony)
10. The Bureau: XCom Declassified (2K Games)
11. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
12. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
13. LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Warner)
14. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
15. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
16. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
17. Grand Theft Auto IV (Rockstar)
18. Payday 2 (505 Games)
19. The Smurfs 2 (Bethesda)
20. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)

Edited On 27 Aug, 2013

Comments
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
seen that coming the amount of people waiting to buy it when in the shops friday , would of though splinter cell would have come out on top being a better game , shame about xcom in 10 great game aswell
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Wonderful 101 fails to even chart? Ooouch that's bad... Ah well, can't grieve forever! Saints Row on top as it should be, but bad show for the Bureau, which is a lot better than it deserves to be... though still an utterly pointless game to attach the "X-Com" name to.
Shut up Kevin
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Don't be so disrespectful Nox Kevin has a point.
ASC's avatar
ASC 3 years ago
Yea, the Bureau has a few problems. Generally its a decent but not spectacular game, but its gameplay doesn't quite have the strategic depth many of the x-com series core fans want from their game. Given that it had problems in development this isn't really surprising.
I'm fine with him mentioning it, it's the "Ooouch that's bad... Ah well, can't grieve forever!" that ticks me off. Trying to be a smart-arse
What point does kevin have Tootell, that they only showed the top half of the charts so that he can say W101 didn't chart?
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
He's entitled to his own opinion if that's the way he choices to express it there's no need to get all up tight about it.
Are you trying to be funny sticking up for kevin the same way you were with David Tootell, because it's not working if you are.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
It's alright Joe, reading over it again that does seem a dickish post on my part. Makes it look like I take some pleasure in seeing a game people seem to like do badly, when I don't at all. Probably brought the hostility on myself on this occasion. Apologies Nox.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 3 years ago
But nox is entitled to tell him to shut up as well :) that fact is this place has turned into wii-u hating/loving and xbox sucks/ps3 sucks do you want to buy a tiffany necklace, im out.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I'm not trying to be funny its the fact this site has turned into such a hostile place, you cant even have an opinion anymore without someone shooting you down.
ROFL @ kevin realizing he's being a dick and not realizing that that's how he acts all the time.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Also I know i'm like that with david but thats david and i just can't help it all im asking is for people to put there differences aside and try and accept that other people have different opinions.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Shame to see Xcom so low as It was a pretty good game. Saints Row still doesnt appeal to me I will get it when its cheaper but for now I will hold out till GTA.
I don't mind people having different opinions Tootell, I mind people being dicks about it, and some people, like David and kevin, are just dicks.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
ohh my bad maybe i got the wrong end of the stick.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
I don't think Wonderful 101 charted because of the lack of people that actually own a Wii-U, not a knock on the quality of the game I haven't played it so I can't comment, but it just doesn't have a good install base.
It's not just the install base, as Pikmin 3 managed to chart in the top 3, it's being released at the same time as a bunch of big names and being on a promotion if you buy it digitally, which doesn't add to sales figures, as well,
Just what I was thinking about 5 min ago Gloria. I was kinda in a bad mood when I posted that Kevin so I'm a tiny bit sorry as well
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
On a different note... what in God's name is Fifa 13 still doing there!? how is there such a plethora of complete morons still buying it when the new one is so close to release!? Same goes for Blops II... If anything deserves to stay in the Top Ten for a year its TLOU, honestly...
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
The thing is cod is played by a lot kids kids dont look after stuff there stuff forcing there parents to keep buying it them.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
That's a bad excuse for CoD being in the charts still, Joe. It's there because it's the most popular game on console, no matter what people think of it. I highly doubt the figures are high because people are re-buying it over and over.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
All im going to say is every lobby i joined over the weekend had a high pitch kid screaming in it
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
That is true, but doesn't mean the kid has bought the game multiple times due to not taking care of the disc, it's most likely the only game they play so the disc probably never leaves the console.
That has to be why people are still buying it. Everyone who wanted it already has it and everyone knows Ghosts is coming out in a few months so I doubt anyone is going to jump on it now. Also my mates little bro doesn't take care of his game and while if yo broke a game when we were kids we would be told to shove it by our parents (Just me?) but he is spoiled by his dad so he gets a new copy every 1-2 month
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Ghosts is out in a few months? Didn't even know that. Also, I doubt that everyone has it that wants it, there are some people that maybe couldn't afford it or for some other reason.
Then if they can couldn't afford it for the past year they should just be waiting till Ghosts is out but then again people are stupid
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I had a friend that did not take care of his games when I was round at his house it was hellish to find a game we wanted to play had to follow a trail of games in different boxes hoping we would get back to it.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Apparently Wonderful 101 is 14th in the singles chart, so yeah. Not bad really for a new IP on a console that probably has less than half a million people on in this country. Disney Infinity apparently did well on Wii U too.
I assume Infinity has done good on the Wii U cos each ad I have seen for it has no mention of the other consoles
I had a friend like that as well Zombie. Key word "Had"
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Apparently it sold 10% of sales, probably least but if you consider the Wii U's userbase and the amount it's sold, coulda been pretty well. And yeah noticed that, also noticed that certain stores are charging an extra £15 for that version too lol
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I want to get Wonderful 101 but there is just no point just now I know I would not get round to playing anytime soon.
Really? If it wasn't for the fact that I would need to collect every single little thing for the game I would have bought it on release. Wii U would be my platform of choice for it as well
Carl_1's avatar
Carl_1 3 years ago
Did think about buying 101 but ive just bought Pikmin 3, and am on the later stages of AC3 and runner 2 currently with Rayman legends arriving via shop to any day so will be giving this a miss, as when I'm done with the above will be getting NSLU before Mario 3d, donkey kong, Zelda, watch dogs, ghosts, Mario kart, and ssb come out did someone mention a lack of wii u games?
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
Saints Row 4 is looking so fun and I really looking forward to playing it.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Saints Row will be worthless in about 2 month. Just like how Saints Row 3 was under £20 within a month. I can easily wait for that.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Indeed, I will probably be picking it up on Steam winter sale for 75% off. Really can't believe it's £40 on Steam, WTF are they thinking?