Square Enix halts Final Fantasty XIV: A Realm Reborn sales due to extreme server loads

Square Enix has announced that for the time being they have halted all sales of the newly released Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn due to extreme demand overtaking server capacity.

Square Enix posted a statement on the matter last night:

Important Notice About FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn - Due to the overwhelmingly positive response to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, we are currently experiencing extremely long wait times for users to be able to log in and play. As a temporary measure, we will halt sales of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN's digital download products so we can accommodate all of those wishing to play. We are working to expand our server capacity in the coming days.

Edited On 28 Aug, 2013

Comments
Rubix78's avatar
Rubix78 3 years ago
Couldn't get on all Sunday night on early access, and had issues getting on last night.
It's a MMO launch, it was to be expected
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah out of all the MMO launches that I have tried they have all been similar, It is annoying but as long as they sort it soon I have other stuff to keep me going.
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 3 years ago
Sales halt is not a problem, problem is that sold digital copies didn't work and bought game did not activated on SqEx accounts...
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah that is a major fudge there.
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 3 years ago
Where's "here", ZF? UK? Need to know - I hoped it's not our local problem with russian store...
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
I give it a year before the game is dead and either free-to-play or shut down like the original FF14.
WOW! Where did that come from?
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
They should have just called this, FF14: A Fail Reborn. LOL nah seriously though the game looks rubbish, surprised it has a sub to be honest.
HAHAHAHAHA. A Fail Reborn, you come up with that yourself?
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Yeah took me all night thinking of it. Let's be fair though, FF14 was a huge fail and they ended up shutting the servers down, so why did they bother trying to do it again, looks just as bad, if not worse. Ok I'll stop ripping it apart now any way, guess it appeals to some people, who have never played GW2 :)
I'm not going into it with high expectations either but I'm willing to give it a go
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Think I was invited to the beta a while back, but never got around to installing it. If it was free I'd maybe give it a try, but not paying for it.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Have you played GW2 Nox? If you like MMORPG's you should look into it.
Been meaning to but never got around to it (Will probably get the Guild Wars Trilogy at Christmas)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
It does do one thing that bugged me in Guild Wars, you can get mounts I found a lot of guild wars areas to just be too big that it just took ages to get from one are to another and mounts would have sorted that im not talking about giant dragons just a horse or something would have suited me.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
But in GW2 you have waypoints so you can quickly travel across the whole map (for a fee) to anywhere you've been before, so that's quicker than a mount but also kind of gets rid of exploration, which they said was a big part of GW2.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Have they made them free last time I was on it cost to use the waypoints, if it is free now then it is all good. I did enjoy the jumping puzzles although some were just infuriating.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
No you still pay for waypoints, though they are cheaper at the moment because Ellen Kiel won the council vote and reduced the WP cost for 4 weeks. The jumping puzzles are fun I think, I loved the clocktower one at Halloween, a lot of people couldn't do it because was too hard but once you knew what to do it wasn't that bad. Also Super adventure box is back next week (the classic 8-bit retro game world) which is pretty fun.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I enjoyed the super adventure box, I missed the Halloween one but I remember the christmas one was a bit tough. http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/542956332963654185/A7A53E690B04227DC34CE183E8343AB0300F54B6/ bonus points if you can guess my character.