Friday Chat - August 30th

Morning everyone!

How's things this morning, did you check out the new Grand Theft Auto V trailer that dropped yesterday? What's your gaming plans for the weekend?

This evening, I'll be heading to a Minecraft Exhibition at the Victoria & Albert Museum in London. It's free and sounded quite interesting. Pop a long if you're in the area!

The World of Minecraft
Friday 30 Aug
18.30 – 22.00

Minecraft is more than a game. It is a cultural phenomenon, where the community of players stretch the limits beyond anything imagined by the creator. Explore the boundaries of a video game and reality, where lines begin to blur with each new use.

This unique collaboration between Friday Late and Mojang, the makers of Minecraft, presents an evening exploring the design culture of this digital world – see how an 8 bit game influences real life.

All events are free and places designated on a first come, first served basis, unless stated otherwise. Filming and photography will be taking place at this event.

Edited On 30 Aug, 2013

Comments
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Hopefully get some more wonderful 101 in. On the news side did everyone see that the xbox one will only have voice recognition day one for 5 countries. The odd ones are New Zealand, Australia and Ireland not getting it when all those countries speak English.
THOMAS 3 years ago
Argh in London tomorrow, but can't make it down for this, bummer! Pretty stoked from Rome 2, hopefully it'll be dispatched today and my neighbours won't pilfer it... Mate and I will be SR2-ing it up this weekend, and revisiting the MW3 survival mode
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
This weekend will be spend spending time with my son and abit of fifa and go to watch blackburn rovers
ASC's avatar
ASC 3 years ago
Wouldn't be surprised if the Voice recognition has to be programmed for accent, not just language. Though how it will handle the various regional UK accents... well we'll just have to wait and see.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I wouldnt of thought Ireland and UK would be massively different it seems to me they are really struggling to get the console out before Christmas
WTF. You can Pre-order Pre-owned now. http://market.blockbuster.co.uk/product/ps3/ps3-games/288893/the-bureau-xcom-declassified.htm
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
swapped my ps4 console pre order out for this bundle :D http://shopto.net/video%20games/ps4/PS4HW14-ps4-console-battlefield-4-extra-dualshock-ps-plus-365-day
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Gaming plans are scuppered by a photo shoot I'm attending. Not taking part in the photography myself (although I'll take my camera as it at a castle) but it is supposed to be a latex "last supper" shoot with female models.... So not really a bad thing that I'm missing out on gaming. Otherwise, I'll try and sneak in some more Animal Crossing (I've just got some signatures to build a club, huzzah!) and maybe try out some of the games I bought from Humble Bundle, a charity website.
My copy of Killer is Dead just popped through my letterbox, so I'll be checking that out this afternoon, mix it up with some SR4 and W101 over the weekend, probably finishing W101.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Here's something to chat about (as the internet seems awash with the rumour), a PS4 console, camera, two controllers, and Killzone for under 500 euros. Works out about £430 in real money ;-) It all seems to be stemming from this Amazon posting in France. http://www.amazon.fr/Console-PS4-500-Noire-Killzone/dp/B00ET1MFIG/
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
That seems a pretty good deal would consider buying that bundle if it was true.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
I'm hoping it is true and that ShopTo are able to do it. I've yet to "swap" my pre-order for anything yet (although I have started paying some items off)
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Hmmm, ShopTo have just emailed me asking me if I'd like to "swap" my pre-order for a bundle. Apt timing...
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Had a reply from ShopTo (hello) in that they are looking into this rumoured bundle. If it's a real one they will see if they are able to stock it. So fingers crossed (and your toes if you can spare them)
Played a few missions of Killer is Dead now, and enjoying it, I knew Suda 51 wouldn't let me down. Thee gameplay is a little basic perhaps, but the story, characters and art style make up for it, unicorns, vampires and David clipping his toenails on the dark side of the moon, it's all pretty mental. I think I'd like to see him collaborate with Platinum sometime, their strengths could definitely even out his weaknesses and would make something pretty damned special.
Free game on Live http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Ben-10-The-Rise-of-Hex/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584109ea?noSplash=1
Even though it's free I have to put in my detail? Nope
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
Who on earth wants Ben 10?
Free is free.
Just won a copy of Rayman Legends, saved me renting it I suppose.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Nice one Gloria, I never have any luck in competitions to win stuff like that.
I enter shit loads of competitions, I have to win now and again.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Hopefully it was the WIi U version. Tons more content on it than the other versions.
Yep, it's only levels from Origins though, isn't it?
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
I think there's other stuff too, dunno what since there's been a big hoo har over the Vita version not having as much stuff in as people first thought
I heard that too, and there was kevin crowing about it being the most content packed version, what a dick.