Xbox 360 reputations will not carry over to Xbox One

All Xbox One owners transferring from Xbox 360 will start lift on the new console with a clean slate as far as reputation goes.

Speaking as part of IGN's Ask Me Anything, Microsoft's Mark Whitten explained, “We will not carry over any of the 360 reputation scores into the new Xbox One reputation system. The majority of members will start fresh at the 'Good' player level.

“We will be working with the Xbox Live enforcement team that has identified a small subset of members that have recently had enforcement actions taken against them and set those members reputation to an initial “Needs Works” level. This will give those members a chance to prove they can participate on Live fairly, and are not automatically placed in the “Avoid Me” classification where things like SmartMatch filtering will affect them.”

So what do you think?

Edited On 03 Sep, 2013

Comments
Joey B's avatar
Joey B 3 years ago
That's fair enough I guess, If you're a complete prick online, then eventually you're going to get yourself to "prick" status once again.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 3 years ago
I think I'm like 90% avoided LOL, it shot up when I used to play Gears 2 online a lot, apparently shooting people is deemed unsporting :P
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I am the same as you Merle I have quite a high avoid rating mainly due to Gears of War 2 and I wasnt that good at it.
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
i have 83% avoided, yet 5* rep... as most people do it to spite people they dont like, and very very few +Rep people outside their friends list. but apparently they have addressed this on the XBone system. hopefully it wont affect matchmaking too much when everyone hate reps people. (90% of my -rep is 'unsporting', i cant see how...)
I got most of my bad rep from when I used to play MW2 years ago. I just went around team killing with the tac knife and shouting EAGLE when I jumped towards them.
Joey B's avatar
Joey B 3 years ago
I'm about 45% avoided, thats partly due to when I used to play UFC Online, I'd always try and take the guy down and submit him, then i'd get messages from people to tell me stand up and punch/kick
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
The thing is, nobody stops to take time and give you good rep, but people are very quick to give you bad rep.
I do but only if I really enjoyed the fight
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 3 years ago
I have to admit, I don't really +rep people unless they on my list, but I also don't give negative rep to anyone. If someone pisses me off I just leave or ignore it.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Is it not that no rep counts as good rep in the new system so you could play against 100 players and only 2 give negative feedback so overall you still have god rep. But yeah i have negative rep for trash talking apparently even though I dont really speak to many people online that I do not know.
dibils's avatar
dibils 3 years ago
if you dont submit a bad rep i think you should get a positive rep automatically
Hymeleon's avatar